Author Topic: I Didn't Realize the NBA Playoffs Were 1-and-Done Now  (Read 2861 times)

Re: I Didn't Realize the NBA Playoffs Were 1-and-Done Now
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 02:09:19 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
This is not about Danny being a mediocre drafter.  He is middle of the road in my book.

This is about trades he could have made at the deadline that would have lessened the chance of what happened last night.

He EASILY (i.e. low cost) could have had any of Cousins, Ibaka or Noel all moved at the deadline, and recall that Nurkic and Plumlee also got traded.  He chose to stay on the sidelines.  That tells me he has thrown in the towel for this season (though he would never admit it).

Also shows that noone had any interest in Rozier (not even Philly), our non-draft picks, James Young, Mickey, Amir, Jerebko, or KO.

Also that Ainge didn't want to part with Brown, Crowder, or Avery
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 03:50:10 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
The Bulls beat us in Game 1 in 09, and we were only a 2 seed then, so we'll definitely take this series :)
Too bad Pierce/Ray Allen aren't walking through that door lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 08:14:04 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
Major Tommy points for the creator of this thread, if for nothing else than the title.

The Bulls played really well on Sunday and seemingly couldn't miss down the stretch. Bobby Portis, who averages 7 points per game and is a 32% 3p shooter, looked like Dale ****g Ellis all of a sudden. Butler was on fire. And they won by 4 points.

Relax, everyone.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 08:36:15 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
The Bulls beat us in Game 1 in 09, and we were only a 2 seed then, so we'll definitely take this series :)
Too bad Pierce/Ray Allen aren't walking through that door lol

Well neither is MVP level Derrick Rose and the ghost of Brad Miller.

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 08:41:44 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
+1 for op

-1 for surferdad. Seriously, that crap has been rebutted tons of times. Give up.

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 10:21:22 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Major Tommy points for the creator of this thread, if for nothing else than the title.

The Bulls played really well on Sunday and seemingly couldn't miss down the stretch. Bobby Portis, who averages 7 points per game and is a 32% 3p shooter, looked like Dale ****g Ellis all of a sudden. Butler was on fire. And they won by 4 points.

Relax, everyone.
In the last 6 regular season games, Portis averaged 12 points and 8 rebounds (3 double doubles including a 21/11 game).  He shot over 57% in those games including 53.3% from three (in 15 shots) and averaged just 21.5 minutes (so his per minute production was pretty darn good).  Portis just carried his last 6 games into game 1 of the playoffs.  It wasn't just some aberration, Portis had been playing very well. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 10:28:58 AM »

Offline clintonwalker

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
We're not eliminated because we lost a game but how poorly we played and how we got dominated by a bad player in Lopez does that exactly bode well for us..We couldn't string together 2 minutes of good basketball against a bad team

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 10:32:03 AM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
We're not eliminated because we lost a game but how poorly we played and how we got dominated by a bad player in Lopez does that exactly bode well for us..We couldn't string together 2 minutes of good basketball against a bad team

How is lopez a bad player?

Gerald Green is a bad player

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 10:35:44 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
This is not about Danny being a mediocre drafter.  He is middle of the road in my book.

This is about trades he could have made at the deadline that would have lessened the chance of what happened last night.

He EASILY (i.e. low cost) could have had any of Cousins, Ibaka or Noel all moved at the deadline, and recall that Nurkic and Plumlee also got traded.  He chose to stay on the sidelines.  That tells me he has thrown in the towel for this season (though he would never admit it).

Also shows that noone had any interest in Rozier (not even Philly), our non-draft picks, James Young, Mickey, Amir, Jerebko, or KO.

Didn't Ainge specifically name Rozier in the non-Ibaka deal when talking about not wanting to give up good young pieces?

I don't necessarily think we have the best fringe players, but we have a lot of good stuff. Ainge just didn't want to spend it.

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 10:47:26 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Didn't Ainge specifically name Rozier in the non-Ibaka deal when talking about not wanting to give up good young pieces?

I don't necessarily think we have the best fringe players, but we have a lot of good stuff. Ainge just didn't want to spend it.
which is just nonsense because Terry Rozier is a terrible player.  If Ainge didn't make a trade because he wanted to keep Terry Rozier, he should have been fired on the spot. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 11:43:58 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485

Lopez is on his 5th team in 6 years.

He has a 14.47 PER with mediocre defense and a bad 12.3 TReb% (even worse than KO's 13%).

Maybe he's not terrible, but he's also not good.

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 03:28:50 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

which is just nonsense because Terry Rozier is a terrible player.  If Ainge didn't make a trade because he wanted to keep Terry Rozier, he should have been fired on the spot.
I imagine it was a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back situation.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 06:08:09 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72

Lopez is on his 5th team in 6 years.

He has a 14.47 PER with mediocre defense and a bad 12.3 TReb% (even worse than KO's 13%).

Maybe he's not terrible, but he's also not good.

Smart's PER is 12.07

What is Smart?

Not a lot of center have stats to back themselves up since the center position lacks any type of though process these days for coaching staffs. They are just garbage pickers now.

But looking at Lopez's stats, he seems to be doing  decent job. Not great but decent.

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 06:17:54 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I imagine it was a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back situation.
I hope so.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 06:30:55 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Very measured statement considering our FO is the envy of almost the whole league. Sometimes I wish some of you had to deal with the Hinkies or P-Jax out there.