Author Topic: Just relax  (Read 2085 times)

Just relax
« on: April 17, 2017, 05:11:03 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
If we're basing this performance from regular season, this team flat out suck coming out from a long layoff. Im not gonna excuse the performance from game one, but I expect this team to bounce back in the next game. People shouldn't panic yet until we're down 2 games.

Re: Just relax
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 05:36:30 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Relax? Terrible idea.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 06:04:30 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
i wanted to demolish my room while watching the game.

1. an absolute slug fest if i ever saw one
2. every offensive rebound was like a knife through my heart
3. horford and amir were terrible on the glass, just abused
4. freakin' portis destroyed us
5. probably the worst pile of turnovers we made this year, just stupid stuff
6. jacking up 3's...

the only positive is that this has been the worst game i've seen this year(the feeling is probably multiplied because it was a playoff game, but still) and that we lost by 4 points, also the whole team was in shock and out of sync.
i bet isaiah will score 40 the rest of the way, not related to his sister passing away, but simply because he can do whatever he wants against this bulls, given that we rebound a bit better.

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 06:59:04 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't even know if IT will play the next game. I mean there has to be services soon and I am sure he will be home with his family. That being said, I expect now we will go to Chicago down 0-2 because we have nobody to score or create without IT. I keep looking at the bench and I see nobody that can rebound. We don't have the Portis to come off the bench for 19 and 9. I still think we can win the series but it will not be easy. Can't we just put a body on Lopez and box him out?

Cleveland should have also lost their game with Miles missing the easy game-winning shot. Had that happened then the top 3 seeds would have all fallen in game 1. But lady luck is still with the King.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 07:02:04 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't even know if IT will play the next game. I mean there has to be services soon and I am sure he will be home with his family. That being said, I expect now we will go to Chicago down 0-2 because we have nobody to score or create without IT. I keep looking at the bench and I see nobody that can rebound. We don't have the Portis to come off the bench for 19 and 9. I still think we can win the series but it will not be easy. Can't we just put a body on Lopez and box him out?

Cleveland should have also lost their game with Miles missing the easy game-winning shot. Had that happened then the top 3 seeds would have all fallen in game 1. But lady luck is still with the King.

Oh wait! Is it too late to sign Sully?

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 07:27:20 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

He is not the answer, unless your tanking.   What he gives in rebounding is taken away by his poor shooting and conditioning.

Recall his last playoff series with us.

5.2 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 31% from the field.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/sullija01/gamelog/2016/

He was over 300 lbs and got in worse shape as the season progressed and you want to bring him back, LOL.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 07:31:28 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

He is not the answer, unless your tanking.   What he gives in rebounding is taken away by his poor shooting and conditioning.

He was over 300 lbs and got in worse shape as the season progressed and you want to bring him back, LOL.

Can we sign him just for the playoffs? Don't care about his offense or lack thereof. All I want is someone to get in the way of Lopez and/or Portis. 20 offensive rebounds - that is a disgrace!

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 07:53:12 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Just not having another game where we commit that many stupid turnovers and ill-advised threes should help turn things around. The biggest offender of both gets the ultimate pass for last night.

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 08:02:10 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
The only thing I want to see is Brad Stevens win a playoff game. You cannot jack that many 3s in the playoffs and expect to win. You have to shorten your rotation and every possession becomes monumental. It becomes a halfcourt, rebounding game. Pack the paint against the Bulls and rebound on defense. On offense spread the floor and use our quickness, size to drive first and then look to dish.

Use Rozier, Brown and Green to speed up the game and get easy baskets. If Zeller, Johnson and KO aren't going to rebound then you have to go small with the hopes of getting a body on people and draw fouls.

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 08:02:30 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Nope, time to panic.. last night was a must win. Reports saying IT will miss game 2, going down 0-2 heading to Chicago, stick a fork in us.

People were sleeping on Chicago around here, I started a thread saying we should be concerned and people thought it was a great matchup in the C's favor. Not sure how that's the case when they have easily the best player on either team, one of the best 2's in NBA history, a significant advantage on the glass, and a PG who would love nothing more than to beat the team who quit on him.
The team looked lethargic when they should have manned up and played their hearts out for IT. It was really a sorry showing. 

Oh wait but we were #1 in the Eastern Conference.. now we see why rest is more important than seeding or home court. Ha speaking of which I started another thread saying how rest was more important, and we should go that route and got reprimanded. "We need home court for the ECF vs. the Cavs" last time I checked we need to get there first.
There's a reason why players rest, there's a reason why Pop has been doing it for years. Having strong legs is more important than seeding. I mean how important is a seed if you can't even get out of round 1?

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 08:17:50 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Nope, time to panic.. last night was a must win. Reports saying IT will miss game 2, going down 0-2 heading to Chicago, stick a fork in us.

People were sleeping on Chicago around here, I started a thread saying we should be concerned and people thought it was a great matchup in the C's favor. Not sure how that's the case when they have easily the best player on either team, one of the best 2's in NBA history, a significant advantage on the glass, and a PG who would love nothing more than to beat the team who quit on him.
The team looked lethargic when they should have manned up and played their hearts out for IT. It was really a sorry showing. 

Oh wait but we were #1 in the Eastern Conference.. now we see why rest is more important than seeding or home court. Ha speaking of which I started another thread saying how rest was more important, and we should go that route and got reprimanded. "We need home court for the ECF vs. the Cavs" last time I checked we need to get there first.
There's a reason why players rest, there's a reason why Pop has been doing it for years. Having strong legs is more important than seeding. I mean how important is a seed if you can't even get out of round 1?

I am not sure how rest will all of a sudden make us rebound. And the fact that IT sister got killed in an accident is not something anyone could have predicted which is a very integral part of this lackluster effort on behalf of his teammates. It could have gone either way but I guess since we have so many passive players that the effort went south.

EDIT: I guess passive may be too strong of a word. Maybe it should be "finesse" players.

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 08:22:16 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

I am not sure how rest will all of a sudden make us rebound. And the fact that IT sister got killed in an accident is not something anyone could have predicted which is a very integral part of this lackluster effort on behalf of his teammates. It could have gone either way but I guess since we have so many passive players that the effort went south.

IT's sister was unfortunate but it didn't affect IT's game. It's not like IT came out and laid an egg, guy played his heart out, he did his part. If IT didn't play or shot 1-12 from the field then we can easily attribute the loss to the unfortunate events from the day before. It was the rest of the team that was the issue, not IT.

Rest gives guys stronger legs, allows to box out better, muscle, jump etc. etc. This team finished the regular season horribly, it was clear they needed it.

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 08:56:45 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I don't get post like these. The Celtics still should win the series, however I think it's fair to be concerned about the 2nd round now.

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 09:09:59 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
To be quite honest, I'm shocked that his teammates came out that flat. They didn't play inspired...this is shocking.

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 09:38:56 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

why just single out Sullinger? Crowder shot 27.8%, Olynyk was 11.1%, and Smart, Turner, Rozier, and Thomas were all in  the 30's also. The Celtics got destroyed by the Hawks defensively
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip