Author Topic: I did not watch the game - Smart and Olynyk  (Read 4789 times)

Re: I did not watch the game - Smart and Olynyk
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 04:14:24 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
I already know how trash Olynyk is. I followed the game with the game thread to get a feel of the game and saw the play by play with it.

You would think Olynyk was 0-10 and completely destroyed the Celtics chances.

Meanwhile you would think Smart was scoring at will and dunking on people.

Final Stat Lines?

Olynyk 3-8 , 7 points, 1-4 three pointers, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks, 0 turnovers , -9 on the court

Smaht, 3-9 , 9 points, 3-7 three pointers , 2 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, 0 blocks, 2 turnovers,

Did Olynyk miss  couple easy layups? or not grab a rebound that was right there? Is that why he was getting blitzed?

On the other hand Smart hit's a couple of huge three pointers to get us back in the game...I guess Smart played as good as anybody can?

What is funny is I dont blame anybody on offense for this loss. It is again our trash defense and horrific rebounding that kills us again and will continue to do so
Classic C's blog tonight.  Overreaction and extremely poor analysis.  If you watch the game with any basketball knowledge and free of bias you will not find in any way that he played poorly!  I just re-watched every play he was on the floor and am very hard pressed to find all this horrible play that he supposedly had on display tonight.

Smart or Olynk? lol

See this is the reason why I brought this up . This is today's fan analysis we live in today. Pick out scapegoats, this that.

NOW this doesn't mean it involves this game, but I have seen it so much it makes me angry because its not proper and it really gets to me when people just talk out of the "ass".

lol im 12 minutes away from watching
Olynyk.  I re-watched every play on NBA.COM.  All but a couple of the offensive rebounds Chicago gets while he is on the floor K.O. could do little if anything to change the outcome.  He defends a ton of shots and makes a bunch of nice defensive plays.  Not his best shooting night especially in the 1st half.  You will see some horrible defense from Jaylen and I hate to say it under the circumstances but I.T. also as well as Horford, Crowder, and others. 

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 04:45:21 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Smart stupidly shot 2 ill advised threes before the Bulls pulled away in the fourth-quarter. He must have thought he was Klay all of a sudden....from then we were tryin to catch up...should have went with IT.

And KO...well there is bad KO, good KO and did nothing KO....problem was KO was nowhere last night.

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 06:12:21 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He defends a ton of shots and makes a bunch of nice defensive plays.  Not his best shooting night especially in the 1st half. 

It was layup city when he was in the game a lot of the time.   Rondo seemed to know this and drove on the hoop and beat him most every time.  I saw a lot of poor defensive plays during the actual game.

Overreaction and extremely poor analysis.  If you watch the game with any basketball knowledge and free of bias you will not find in any way that he played poorly!  I just re-watched every play he was on the floor and am very hard pressed to find all this horrible play that he supposedly had on display tonight.

I have to question your skills as an analyst then.   I saw numerous plays where he did not defend the rim and the team knew this and drove when he was in there.   Watch the plays where Rondo drove on him AGAIN and see if you can post this crap with a straight face.

He also had some clutch shots that kept us in the game late down the stretch.  But overall he played poorly and looked like he is ready to go home.

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 06:33:21 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I did not rewatch the game but from what I saw, the bench was why we lost and it shows in the +/- stat. That entire stretch in the 2nd quarter where we gave up Oreb after oreb is what cost us. After all, didn't we only give up like 4 or 5 offensive boards the entire 2nd half? Maybe 1 in the 4th?

That means we got killed for 15 in the 1st half. Rebounding is a team effort but I'd say the bigs shoulder the lions share of responsibility there. If memory serves right, KO (and Al) got totally outworked. Plus, KO and Brown had some poor rotations as well. KO (along with a few others) were in the middle of that run when we were just giving the game away. The people involved (like Smart) eventually redeemed themselves by drawing charges, making plays or hitting timely shots. KO didn't really do anything particularly impactful despite the box score. I mean, even IT was grabbing a couple of rebounds in traffic!
- LilRip

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 06:47:29 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
For a 6th overall pick Smart has not lived up to his draft position so far. His offense seems worse  in year 3. He may never be nothing more than a solid role player who can play defense.

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 07:20:34 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
He defends a ton of shots and makes a bunch of nice defensive plays.  Not his best shooting night especially in the 1st half. 

It was layup city when he was in the game a lot of the time.   Rondo seemed to know this and drove on the hoop and beat him most every time.  I saw a lot of poor defensive plays during the actual game.

Overreaction and extremely poor analysis.  If you watch the game with any basketball knowledge and free of bias you will not find in any way that he played poorly!  I just re-watched every play he was on the floor and am very hard pressed to find all this horrible play that he supposedly had on display tonight.

I have to question your skills as an analyst then.   I saw numerous plays where he did not defend the rim and the team knew this and drove when he was in there.   Watch the plays where Rondo drove on him AGAIN and see if you can post this crap with a straight face.

He also had some clutch shots that kept us in the game late down the stretch.  But overall he played poorly and looked like he is ready to go home.
Rondo made exactly 1 bucket while K.O. was defending the hoop, it was the 1st defensive possession that K.O. was on the floor in the game.  Smart made a defensive mistake allowing Rondo to blow by him and K.O. stepped in to draw the charge but Rondo jumped sideways past him for the layup.  Absolutely nothing wrong with his defense there.  Try again...

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 03:06:34 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72

Rondo made exactly 1 bucket while K.O. was defending the hoop, it was the 1st defensive possession that K.O. was on the floor in the game.  Smart made a defensive mistake allowing Rondo to blow by him and K.O. stepped in to draw the charge but Rondo jumped sideways past him for the layup.  Absolutely nothing wrong with his defense there.  Try again...

Correct!

Video to prove it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcnf6I32Fxg

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 03:16:21 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Doesn't watch the game, and then talks about 'homers,' overexaggerating about players statistics.

Oh wait, looked at OP, and didn't even have to wonder why.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 03:20:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I'm surprised OP hasn't brought up Payton yet.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 03:33:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I already know how trash Olynyk is. I followed the game with the game thread to get a feel of the game and saw the play by play with it.

Final Stat Lines?

Olynyk 3-8 , 7 points, 1-4 three pointers, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks, 0 turnovers , -9 on the court

Smaht, 3-9 , 9 points, 3-7 three pointers , 2 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, 0 blocks, 2 turnovers,

Did Olynyk miss  couple easy layups? or not grab a rebound that was right there? Is that why he was getting blitzed?

On the other hand Smart hit's a couple of huge three pointers to get us back in the game...I guess Smart played as good as anybody can?

What is funny is I dont blame anybody on offense for this loss. It is again our trash defense and horrific rebounding that kills us again and will continue to do so
Classic C's blog tonight.  Overreaction and extremely poor analysis.  If you watch the game with any basketball knowledge and free of bias you will not find in any way that he played poorly!  I just re-watched every play he was on the floor and am very hard pressed to find all this horrible play that he supposedly had on display tonight.

Surely this is sarcasm, right? This might have been KO's worst game as a Celtic he was so bad, especially defensively and on the boards.

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 03:45:37 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton

Final Stat Lines?

Surely this is sarcasm, right? This might have been KO's worst game as a Celtic he was so bad, especially defensively and on the boards.

Nobody is worse that is for sure. He can't guard the basket to save his life. Very weak, and he is a 7 footer, sad.

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 03:48:12 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton

8) I don't have to. Nobody else has, and we all know why.

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 04:06:17 PM »

Offline showtime

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
Smart stupidly shot 2 ill advised threes before the Bulls pulled away in the fourth-quarter. He must have thought he was Klay all of a sudden....from then we were tryin to catch up...should have went with IT.

And KO...well there is bad KO, good KO and did nothing KO....problem was KO was nowhere last night.
  Smart always thinks he's Klay!!

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 04:13:14 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

8) I don't have to. Nobody else has, and we all know why.
no one has brought up Payton because he isnt in the playoffs and has no relevance to this discussion.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 04:18:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
For a 6th overall pick Smart has not lived up to his draft position so far. His offense seems worse  in year 3. He may never be nothing more than a solid role player who can play defense.
yeah, but thats probably because expectations were too high.

It appears 2014 was riddled with overrated players.

Wiggins and Parker were supposed to be superstars and they look just like stars.

Gordon, Exum, Smart, Vonleh and Randle were all projected as stars and they look like role players with Smart arguably being the best of the bunch.

In a redraft Id still take Smart at #6. Not to hard of a choice for me either.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.