Author Topic: Isaiah May Choose To Miss Game 2  (Read 6280 times)

Re: Isaiah May Choose To Miss Game 2
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2017, 07:19:57 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Jared just wrote a piece on the front page indicating Thomas will likely play tomorrow, then fly home on Wednesday.

The team may attend the funeral service before game 3.  That'd be pretty cool.  Maybe leave Kelly back in Boston, though.

TP for the chuckle.

TP for the TP.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2017, 01:22:12 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28

Now if he does, and we lose game 2 at home, that will be so disapointing regarding the potential we had..

I'm curious, what potential were you thinking of?
Not trying to troll you, but the Celtics routinely lost this year to the best teams in the East.  Oftentimes getting waxed in embarrassing fashion.  I'm just not seeing the "switch" that C's nation seems to think Boston can flip in the playoffs. 
The only flip-switcher in the East  is LBJ, and it pains me to say that.

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2017, 01:32:43 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Now if he does, and we lose game 2 at home, that will be so disapointing regarding the potential we had..

Not trying to troll you, but the Celtics routinely lost this year to the best teams in the East.  Oftentimes getting waxed in embarrassing fashion.  I'm just not seeing the "switch" that C's nation seems to think Boston can flip in the playoffs. 
we won 53 games this year. More than any other team in the East and the 4th best record in the NBA. thats the potential.

You cant draw much from 3 or 4 game head to head records over the course of the regular season.

The potential of this team was to make the ECF and pray Lebron runs out of gas. That is still the potential of this team.

I fully expect them to win this series in 6 games.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2017, 01:34:33 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

we won 53 games this year. More than any other team in the East and the 4th best record in the NBA. thats the potential.

You cant draw much from 3 or 4 game head to head records over the course of the regular season.

The potential of this team was to make the ECF and pray Lebron runs out of gas. That is still the potential of this team.

I would understand losing away games in the playoffs, but to lose Game 1 at your home court to a #8 seed. Man that is brutal.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2017, 03:52:02 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

I would understand losing away games in the playoffs, but to lose Game 1 at your home court to a #8 seed. Man that is brutal.
If they lose tomorrow this team needs a huge shakeup maybe blowup. We'll see that they are made of tomorrow.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I don't blame him for choosing to sit out the next one.  There's nothing worth fight for.  Danny Ainge ****ed him over.  Heal and get better, bro.  You've earned it.

Seriously? Shame on you. This is what, the third time you have used thread on IT's personal problems for your vendetta against Danny? You are a soulless human being.

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2017, 08:54:04 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I guess IT will fly to the funeral after tonight's game.

I love the overreacting fans on here that want to "shake things up" after one playoff loss. Have some stones people! Similar to the people that wanted to trade Brady after their big loss to KC a couple of years ago..... Some of us can't appreciate a good thing when it is right in front of our eyes.

Danny has put this team on a good track. Playoff results don't matter all that much until the talent is put in place that is going to contend. This Celtics team, while fun to watch, is not the finished product! The playoff experience is great for young guys like Jaylen Brown and Smart who should play on this team for 10+ years. I'm not even convinced IT, Horford, and Bradley will be here 5 years from now.

Enjoy the rebuilding process! This isn't the 76ers or Suns you are watching.

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2017, 09:04:23 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Jared just wrote a piece on the front page indicating Thomas will likely play tomorrow, then fly home on Wednesday.

The team may attend the funeral service before game 3.  That'd be pretty cool.  Maybe leave Kelly back in Boston, though.

Yeah, Thomas is likely to play Game 2. Absolute Warrior that guy is (not that Warrior  ;) )

Rest of the team better show up Game 2. If KO doesn't show up again, then they should just leave him in Boston as they go for Games 3-4 in Chicago...

I'm OK with leaving KO outside the TD Garden these playoffs and ship him to another team this summer.

It's interesting because despite how bad he was last night, he has a lot to play for right now.  The more he's exploited in these playoffs, the worse his next contract is going to look. 
I don't think the rest of the league's GMs have missed his play these past several years.  he's a known quantity in terms of talent -- unknown quantity in terms of which KO will show up in a particular game.