Author Topic: Isaiah May Choose To Miss Game 2  (Read 6314 times)

Re: Isaiah May Choose To Miss Game 2
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 12:47:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Does anyone know what the C's record is without IT??

This season, I believe it's 2-4, the wins coming against a trashy Magic team and the Nets (which was EXTREMELY close and could easily have been lost).

But against good teams they've just been unable to score well without Isaiah.

Even yesterday when IT was on the bench, the team had trouble scoring or matching the Bulls scoring on the other end..
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 12:48:11 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Whatever happened to "no layups?"
Whatever happened to blocking out?

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2017, 12:49:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

2-4

@   ORL   W (+30)
TOR   L (-7)
@   OKC   L (-3)
@   SAS   L (-7)
@   BRK   W (+3)
@   PHI   L (-6)

TP. Yep, this is it.^

Orlando game is honestly an outlier because truthfully they didn't show up at all that game.

Brooklyn game was only won thanks to some luck late to be honest.

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2017, 01:00:19 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

This season, I believe it's 2-4, the wins coming against a trashy Magic team and the Nets (which was EXTREMELY close and could easily have been lost).

Even yesterday when IT was on the bench, the team had trouble scoring or matching the Bulls scoring on the other end..
Actually the bench - for the first time in a while - gave them at least a little something yesterday.  Smart hit three 3 pointers (we'll ignore the fact that Chicago wanted him to shoot as much as possible from out there and that he missed all of his attempts with game on the line).  Olynyk even made a couple of shots (finally) even though he still stunk for much of the game.

'Something' of course is a relative term.  First half Thomas went out with 2 min to go in 1Q and they didn't score for 5 minutes.

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 01:17:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Actually the bench - for the first time in a while - gave them at least a little something yesterday.  Smart hit three 3 pointers (we'll ignore the fact that Chicago wanted him to shoot as much as possible from out there and that he missed all of his attempts with game on the line).  Olynyk even made a couple of shots (finally) even though he still stunk for much of the game.

'Something' of course is a relative term.  First half Thomas went out with 2 min to go in 1Q and they didn't score for 5 minutes.

That's the problem.

Can't win many playoff games like that. It may just be 5 minutes but the Bulls went on a 10-0 run in that span...

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 01:26:31 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125

2-4

@   ORL   W (+30)
TOR   L (-7)
@   OKC   L (-3)
@   SAS   L (-7)
@   BRK   W (+3)
@   PHI   L (-6)

Thanks, nothing much to gather from this except maybe only losing by 7 to the Spurs on the road.

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2017, 02:26:03 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Jared just wrote a piece on the front page indicating Thomas will likely play tomorrow, then fly home on Wednesday.

The team may attend the funeral service before game 3.  That'd be pretty cool.  Maybe leave Kelly back in Boston, though.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 02:39:50 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2017, 02:41:39 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Jared just wrote a piece on the front page indicating Thomas will likely play tomorrow, then fly home on Wednesday.

The team may attend the funeral service before game 3.  That'd be pretty cool.  Maybe leave Kelly back in Boston, though.

Nice...you deserve a round of applause. LOL Hopefully they fly United and they drag him off the plane.

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2017, 03:01:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Nice...you deserve a round of applause. LOL Hopefully they fly United and they drag him off the plane.

LOL here, take all my TP's  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe KO can try to box out the guards  :laugh:

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2017, 03:02:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, Thomas is likely to play Game 2. Absolute Warrior that guy is (not that Warrior  ;) )

Rest of the team better show up Game 2. If KO doesn't show up again, then they should just leave him in Boston as they go for Games 3-4 in Chicago...

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2017, 03:24:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
After last night, I think the best thing for IT is to play game 2.

I hope he does and doesnt feel pressured into going to the funeral, I highly doubt he is. I know this might sound weird, but I think IT's family in Seattle should urge him to play and most likely are, no doubt his Sister would have wanted him to play and if IT can play and its good therapy for him then he absolutely should.

That being said I wouldnt care at all if he missed game 2 and we lost by 30.  It's not that important.
The best thing for IT will be determined by IT. If he needs to take game 2 off to be with family at the funeral, then so be it. The Celtics front office and his team mates will understand and the Cs fans better as well. I also find it in poor taste to assume his sister would have wanted anything and/or that his family should urge him to play basketball. Isaiah will determine what is best for his family and for himself, and I, as a Celtic fan, will stand by him and support him, whatever his decision is.

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2017, 03:36:52 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

Yeah, Thomas is likely to play Game 2. Absolute Warrior that guy is (not that Warrior  ;) )

Rest of the team better show up Game 2. If KO doesn't show up again, then they should just leave him in Boston as they go for Games 3-4 in Chicago...

I'm OK with leaving KO outside the TD Garden these playoffs and ship him to another team this summer.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2017, 03:58:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I'm OK with leaving KO outside the TD Garden these playoffs and ship him to another team this summer.

That's being really generous.

I'd tell him to go as FAR AWAY as he can from TD Garden.

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2017, 05:08:59 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

It's interesting because despite how bad he was last night, he has a lot to play for right now.  The more he's exploited in these playoffs, the worse his next contract is going to look. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2017, 06:10:25 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!

TP for the chuckle.