Author Topic: Isaiah May Choose To Miss Game 2  (Read 6315 times)

Re: Isaiah May Choose To Miss Game 2
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 10:12:54 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
Totally agree, he has all the right to go. This is beyond basketball.

Now if he does, and we lose game 2 at home, that will be so disapointing regarding the potential we had..

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 10:20:11 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
After losing game 1, the team cannot afford for IT to miss game 2. He needs to play.

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 10:20:39 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
After last night, I think the best thing for IT is to play game 2.

I hope he does and doesnt feel pressured into going to the funeral, I highly doubt he is. I know this might sound weird, but I think IT's family in Seattle should urge him to play and most likely are, no doubt his Sister would have wanted him to play and if IT can play and its good therapy for him then he absolutely should.

That being said I wouldnt care at all if he missed game 2 and we lost by 30.  It's not that important.

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 10:31:22 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I think he should go be with his family if that will help his family. He has performed for this team all year and it's time these clowns start to step up for him.

I want to see this team go out and win an important game for him. Crowder wants to be the man, well this would be his chance, otherwise shut up with people cheer for Haywood. We have guys that should be playing for contracts next year, well this would be their chance to step up. It's time to either expose some of these guys and see who are the real ballers. I expect Smart and AB to play like junkyard dogs as usual but it's time we see who else is ready.

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 10:32:54 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Whatever IT chooses to do, I'll support. He could sit out game 2, 3, whatever. Or he could play in all. Whatever happens, I'll support him.
- LilRip

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 10:54:13 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
After losing game 1, the team cannot afford for IT to miss game 2. He needs to play.

Completely disagree on both counts.

Echoing what others have said above, it's his call and he doesn't "need" to do anything except tend to himself and his family.

As far as the basketball side of things...the #1 seed should beat the #8 seed without even its best player, at home. Stevens is a good coach and it's time for him to prove it in a game that matters.

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 11:00:24 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
He needs to go home to his people and heal . Forget the Celtics mess of crap.

Danny did not get enough talent , so we can hang it on Ainge. .....where ALL the blame belongs.

The team other than AB and Al .....did not step up .....at home no less.smh .....

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 12:12:14 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I wouldn't blame him at all if he missed game 2. 

But I'm finding it hard to believe that we will win game 2 without him, particularly since we lost after a pretty good showing by IT in game 1.  Going down 0-2, losing both home games to start the series might as well be game over.  It would be really bad.

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 12:28:41 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

He needs to play if the team is going to have a good chance of winning this series, sure.

I don't think he has any obligation to play.  The fact that he played in Game 1 was already going above and beyond.  His teammates wasted his performance.  If the team falls to 0-2 because Isaiah misses Game 2, I won't blame him one bit.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 12:31:35 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
This team cannot rebound, regardless of whether IT plays or not. The fault for that lies squarely on the shoulders of Ainge and Grousbeck.

So I'd lean toward Thomas taking care of his family. He's done his part for this team's success, and others have let him down.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 12:34:55 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
He should ......his team let him down on the court.

Go be with your family . 

This team deserves to get the stuffing beat out of them without IT to save them.

Completely agree.  He should sit the rest of the series, take care of himself. His teammates let him down in a big way, tonight.  I've lost some respect for them.
That is exactly what i feel
you can't manup in this situation you never would
I hope Ainge cut some guys based on this

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 12:40:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I wish we had the two days off between Game 1 and 2.

After Game 2, it's two days off then Game 3.

That would have been best for IT and the Celtics. But it's fine. IT should miss Game 2 for his family, no question. Maybe that will also show many around here how trash this team is without him. No excuses for the C's not stepping up around IT yesterday.

Kelly Olynyk, just get rid of him. I'm done. It's annoying seeing him miss open looks and then follow it up by playing horrid defense and letting guys (even third stringers) just blow by him for easy buckets.

And if there really are no solid options after Horford in the front court, that falls ALL on Ainge. Inexcusable.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2017, 12:43:04 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Does anyone know what the C's record is without IT??

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2017, 12:45:08 PM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
Always bad to waste a good game from your best player.

Especially bad to do it in this situation.

Really not feeling good after Game 1.

This. Im disgusted at our team. Outside of Al Horford, and maybe Avery Bradley everyone was a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. Isaiah Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing showed up, sacrificed himself, put up 30, and they couldnt step up and get some stop or rebounds here and there.

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2017, 12:47:26 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Does anyone know what the C's record is without IT??

2-4

@   ORL   W (+30)
TOR   L (-7)
@   OKC   L (-3)
@   SAS   L (-7)
@   BRK   W (+3)
@   PHI   L (-6)

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class