Author Topic: Adjustments for Game 2  (Read 5877 times)

Re: Adjustments for Game 2
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 08:34:49 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Less time using the three small guards on the floor at once. 

I know, all three should be getting minutes and all three bring positives to the end of the game.

But the three together, hasn't it been statistically bad for the Celtics all year?

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 12:33:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Less time using the three small guards on the floor at once. 

I know, all three should be getting minutes and all three bring positives to the end of the game.

But the three together, hasn't it been statistically bad for the Celtics all year?

The super-small lineups were really bad at the start of the year, then had some success post-All-Star.

Don't think those lineups will work against this Bulls team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2017, 12:35:20 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Give us a little more Brown? He played 11 minutes, played decent defense on Jimmy Buckets, made both of the shots he took (including a 3) and had no turnovers. I know he is a rookie, but the only major lapse I saw was when he and one of our bigs (can't remember which) flubbed a switch leading to a Felicio layup/dunk.

Jaylen did alright, but at the end of the 2nd quarter he had two straight defensive lapses on Butler which led to Jimmy scoring 5 straight points.

I think Jaylen should be part of the shortened bench group, but he should get limited run when Jimmy is on the floor.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2017, 01:00:51 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Give us a little more Brown? He played 11 minutes, played decent defense on Jimmy Buckets, made both of the shots he took (including a 3) and had no turnovers. I know he is a rookie, but the only major lapse I saw was when he and one of our bigs (can't remember which) flubbed a switch leading to a Felicio layup/dunk.

Jaylen did alright, but at the end of the 2nd quarter he had two straight defensive lapses on Butler which led to Jimmy scoring 5 straight points.

I think Jaylen should be part of the shortened bench group, but he should get limited run when Jimmy is on the floor.

Fair enough. I was just in love with the play where they had Jimmy iso on Brown, and he played it perfectly. Jimmy strong armed the layup, and it was one of the best defensive plays I saw on Butler during the game.

I feel we might expect too much from the 20 year old sometimes. But he has the size and speed and strength to atleast slightly check Butler. Id like to see Jaylen a little closer to 18-20 minutes the next game.
#JKJB

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 01:07:21 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537

They were running different guys at Butler all night.  Crowder, AB, Brown and Smart all had him at various times.  I'd expect that to continue - if only to show Butler different looks.  But Jaylen at this point in time, while athletic enough, is not a good NBA defender by any stretch. 

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 02:09:17 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I would play Crowder and Smart on Butler and let AB and Brown play DWade. I'd like to see Jerebko over KO because he's going to battle for rebounds and play a physically tougher style of defense. We CANNOT have KO and Zeller together...no way, no how.

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2017, 03:45:00 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
How about doubling Butler off Rondo in the 4th quarter? I've been really disappointed with CBS. I mean that is a simple in game adjustment that lost us the game. I don't know why Rondo is even getting in the paint at this point. Why aren't we guarding him the way that the Lakers would guard him with Kobe?

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2017, 03:50:00 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
How about doubling Butler off Rondo in the 4th quarter? I've been really disappointed with CBS. I mean that is a simple in game adjustment that lost us the game. I don't know why Rondo is even getting in the paint at this point. Why aren't we guarding him the way that the Lakers would guard him with Kobe?
he hits 44% of wide open 3s.

you cant leave him too alone anymore.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2017, 04:25:37 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Protect the paint and the board, let them beat you by shooting
And we have to make the shot ourself..

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2017, 04:44:31 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Bring defensive intensity that we've seen in glimpses only this year (compared to last).  Less turnovers, box out, don't rely only on 3 pt shooting and i.t.
Thought brown looked good in limited minutes, why not more?  And if Kelly and Amir need a talking to then brad needs to get it done.

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2017, 04:45:34 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Bring defensive intensity that we've seen in glimpses only this year (compared to last).  Less turnovers, box out, don't rely only on 3 pt shooting and i.t.
Thought brown looked good in limited minutes, why not more?  And if Kelly and Amir need a talking to then brad needs to get it done.

Rebound.

And we didn't see a lot of Brown after he botched a defensive rotation.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2017, 04:48:57 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
he hits 44% of wide open 3s.

you cant leave him too alone anymore.

Yes I have seen this stat. I would bet against him tbh. He didn't make any threes last night...And you can help off Rondo, and still get somewhat of a decent hand in his face off the recovery. I don't understand how we couldn't double Butler. They don't have enough shooters on their team...

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2017, 05:01:35 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
Box out and rebound the ball

This is it.
Obviously Brad never says this to his guys in the huddle.
I would tell them constantly.

TP b/c this drives me absolutely nuts.  How do they not drill on this basic concept in practice?  I could see if it was 1 player with some bad tendencies, but everyone outside of Marcus Smart stands and watches... or worse yet runs towards the hoop and then the rebound bounces over their head.  All Brad has to do is remind them to box the F out.

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2017, 05:02:21 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
This is my first post in some time. Unfortunately, I am very surprised with Jaylens lack of interest and desire for playing defense. He's almost lost out there. Put away all rookie mistakes, but with his physichs, he should be some factor and of some help. Almost every game he makes some huge mistake. Hope he works on that and would be very glad if he is on the... Let's say Taurean Prince's level right now... If he didn't work harder on that segment of his game with AB, Smart and Jae being on the team, what would happen if tgey waren't? Love the kid but if I'm BS, I'm playing GG instead....

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2017, 05:08:40 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Box out and no layups.