Author Topic: Adjustments for Game 2  (Read 5834 times)

Re: Adjustments for Game 2
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 09:59:39 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Rebound, no KO, rebound, no KO, rebound

Go smaller and play faster. Play Brown and Green more. If they're going to go big, make Lopez and Portis play outside the paint and drive the basketball more. Stop settling for 3's. Crowder needs to show up next game. I doubt Portis hits that many 3s ever again.

Oh one more thing...stop playing KO. I've been saying all year, no matter what lead we have it will evaporate when KO and Zeller are in together.

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 10:00:18 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
It would be great if we had a few high-quality offensive sets that worked the ball from the inside out.

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 10:07:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Trade for KP ASAP

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 10:09:50 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Less Avery on Butler. Jimmy's just too big and too strong.

Respectfully disagree.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 10:14:35 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Less Avery on Butler. Jimmy's just too big and too strong.

Respectfully disagree.

Crowder and Smart play him better. Not a knock on Avery at all but when Jimmy goes into bully ball mode, Avery isn't as effective.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 10:17:16 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
GETTING CLOWNED IN THE PAINT a problem that we will have to mitigate during the playoffs...especially now that teams are playing harder and players are giving it their all every possesion. Measurements can help explain why we get clowned in the paint.
The biggest player that we have is not even on our team. Zizic has a 9'3'' standing reach and almost a 7'3'' wingspan

Horford has a
7' wingspan 8'11'' standing reach

Zeller: 7' wingspan and 8'8 standing reach

KO: 6'9.8'' wingspan and 9' standing reach

Amir: not listed
Robin Lopez has the "Gold standard" for length, but not skill:
7'6'' wingspan 9'5'' standing reach

Lopez clogs the paint and is able to extend his arm for a very high tip rebound(8 offensive rebounds this game)

Very bad of Ainge to send this team into the playoffs without a decent size CENTER  allow Horford to play the 4...it's really exposing our Achilles heel.

And Robin lopez and the bulls front-court is not the even close to the most impressive in the league or even playoffs.

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2017, 10:55:41 PM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
I don't think rotation change is necessary, just more attention to details.
Rotation change might hurt confidence, we'll take care of the bulls, just be patient.

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2017, 10:59:13 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Rebound, no KO, rebound, no KO, rebound

Go smaller and play faster. Play Brown and Green more. If they're going to go big, make Lopez and Portis play outside the paint and drive the basketball more. Stop settling for 3's. Crowder needs to show up next game. I doubt Portis hits that many 3s ever again.

Oh one more thing...stop playing KO. I've been saying all year, no matter what lead we have it will evaporate when KO and Zeller are in together.
I think we should start KO or Jerebko with Horford, this allows Amir to be our backup C to prevent Portis from going bonkers again and stretches the floor even more for Horford to work in the post against Lopez
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2017, 11:18:51 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
stop going too small.  the line that ended the game was too small.  Smart, Bradley, IT, Crowder and Horford.  Against this lineup, the Bulls literally are bullying us on the boards.  Also, the offense is stifled because Smart can't score in isolation so the Bulls can switch Butler onto Thomas.  That simple switch makes that unit rely too heavily on Crowder, who doesn't have enough confidence or skills to score in isolation either.  So the burden falls onto Horford and Bradley; however, they aren't consistent enough in isolation to string together consecutive possessions into buckets.

If the Celtics are going to win this series, Brad has to recognize these problems before they escalate.  Also, KO is only as good as those around him.  Stop blaming him when others are essentially throwing him under the bus because they are messing up. 

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2017, 11:29:38 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Emphasize rebounding the basketball and pay better attention to Bobby Portis. Also, come up with ways to create offense without forcing the ball into Isaiah's hands when Butler is guarding him.

I think we're gonna be fine. It was one game.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 11:30:39 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Emphasize rebounding the basketball and pay better attention to Bobby Portis. Also, come up with ways to create offense without forcing the ball into Isaiah's hands when Butler is guarding him.

I think we're gonna be fine. It was one game.
agree with all but the bolded.

make Bobby Portis beat you. Ill take my chances.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 07:52:56 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Out-rebounded by 16 and Bobby Portis went 3/4 from 3 (and 8/10 overall). Seems like if the team boxes out and Portis stops making 75% of his 3's they'll be ok.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2017, 08:02:48 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Give us a little more Brown? He played 11 minutes, played decent defense on Jimmy Buckets, made both of the shots he took (including a 3) and had no turnovers. I know he is a rookie, but the only major lapse I saw was when he and one of our bigs (can't remember which) flubbed a switch leading to a Felicio layup/dunk.
#JKJB

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2017, 08:17:13 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Get better players.

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2017, 08:29:03 AM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
To be more specific...

DEF REBOUNDING!!

I get it.  We're a small team with no length (btw, they also had 7 blocks).  And it goes without saying, we clearly suck at rebounding. 

HOWEVER....

You don't want to crash the boards on offense?  Fine.

But the lack of EFFORT on the defensive glass was embarrassing ESPECIALLY considering the circumstances surrounding IT. 

I'm sure there will be adjustments made.  But if we don't have 5 guys on the def end crashing, we won't make it out of the series.  Btw, expect to see more Jimmy on IT!