Author Topic: Rozier over Portis, A Magnificent decision Lol.  (Read 21890 times)

Re: Rozier over Portis. A trash decision.
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2017, 07:26:04 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
And by the way, Marcus Smart averaged more minutes per game for a 53 win team than Julius Randle did for a 26 win team.

Mike

« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2017, 07:29:35 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
And by the way, Marcus Smart averaged more minutes per game for a 53 win team than Julius Randle did for a 26 win team.

Mike
You're a huge Lindsey Hunter fan aren't you? That's fine. Although Lindsey was a better shooter. Of course the people down at the nursing home are better shooters too so....

« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2017, 07:47:02 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Eja you are having some pretty strange takes here. Smart would probably start for the cavs given how desperately they need defense and how bad jr smith has been. Randle has been really bad. Walton had lost confidence in him over the course of the season and he was routinely outplayed by nance. I don't think the Lakers view him as a serious long term piece and are running out of patience with him. To chime in on the rozier Portis debate. Unlike rozier who has been buried behind an all star and two all league defenders, Portis has been given every chance to succeed. After Gibson was moved and Mirotic was playing awful and benched he still could not seize a consistent role.

« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2017, 07:56:20 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Wrong thread

« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2017, 08:04:51 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Verdict is in. One of the stupidest choices Ainge has made in the draft.
 A pick that nearly everyone was furious over for good reason.

We may lose this series because of it. Horford, Portis, Amir, Kelly, would be a nice Frontcourt.

Rozier gets no minutes, he's the Last thing we needed, but Ainge had to have his Binky.
 Portis was easily the best player on the board.

Terrible.
It's not as bad as Giannis over KO, but I think we can all agree on this.

Smart over J Randle still seems to be a mistake as well.

I will assume this is a joke.
Silly assumption. One is a starter in this league and the other is the single worst shooter in it
The fact that Julius Randle starts for the 3rd worst team in the league while Smart is the 6th man for the 4th best, does not help your argument.
Randle would start for us. Smart would not start for the Lakers. Fact
Except Amir Johnson is better than Randle and would probably start.  And there is a good chance Smart would start next to Russell in the backcourt.  So it's definitely not a fact.
Amir Johnson is on his last legs. He can hardly keep KO off the court.
Brad doesnt play guys much if they are as lost on defense as Julius Randle is on a regular basis.

his rebounding prowess and ability to pass well would probably force him into the starting lineup eventually, but he would not get many minutes until he woke the **** up on defense.

Kelly and Amir are trash defensively at this point(physically) but they are intelligent enough to generally know where to be and to play solid team defense.

If you cant do that (randles shown no signs that he can) then you wont play much for any team that isnt just tanking (see Lakers, LA).

if we are gonna take this pointless hypothetical this literally you might as well factor that in.
Ok. I'm factoring that in. Randle would start for us. Smart wouldn't start for the Lakers.

Randle wont start for us. He wont play much for the celtics. It has been shown time and time again that players who dont play d dont get minutes with stevens. Green is a better defender than randle, and randle cant space the floor like green can. Its why brown gets yanked early sometimes or gets inconsistent minutes. As good as brown is, he still makes a lot of mistakes defensively.

Randle isnt a good enough defensive player to offset his horrible deficiency on defenae, as a big at that! Give it up eja, you have shown yourself to be so biased against smart, you admitted it yourself, you even went as far aa criticizing smart's hair as why you dont like him. Anything you say has absolutely no credibility.

Randle gets a lot of empty numbers. You can compare smart to other players and say rhey are beter than smart, but randle isnt one of them.

« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2017, 08:15:04 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

We may lose this series because of it. Horford, Portis, Amir, Kelly, would be a nice Frontcourt.

Rozier gets no minutes, he's the Last thing we needed, but Ainge had to have his Binky.

Terrible.

Silly assumption. One is a starter in this league and the other is the single worst shooter in it
The fact that Julius Randle starts for the 3rd worst team in the league while Smart is the 6th man for the 4th best, does not help your argument.
Except Amir Johnson is better than Randle and would probably start.  And there is a good chance Smart would start next to Russell in the backcourt.  So it's definitely not a fact.
Brad doesnt play guys much if they are as lost on defense as Julius Randle is on a regular basis.

his rebounding prowess and ability to pass well would probably force him into the starting lineup eventually, but he would not get many minutes until he woke the **** up on defense.

Kelly and Amir are trash defensively at this point(physically) but they are intelligent enough to generally know where to be and to play solid team defense.

If you cant do that (randles shown no signs that he can) then you wont play much for any team that isnt just tanking (see Lakers, LA).

if we are gonna take this pointless hypothetical this literally you might as well factor that in.
Ok. I'm factoring that in. Randle would start for us. Smart wouldn't start for the Lakers.

Randle wont start for us. He wont play much for the celtics. It has been shown time and time again that players who dont play d dont get minutes with stevens. Green is a better defender than randle, and randle cant space the floor like green can. Its why brown gets yanked early sometimes or gets inconsistent minutes. As good as brown is, he still makes a lot of mistakes defensively.

Randle isnt a good enough defensive player to offset his horrible deficiency on defenae, as a big at that! Give it up eja, you have shown yourself to be so biased against smart, you admitted it yourself, you even went as far aa criticizing smart's hair as why you dont like him. Anything you say has absolutely no credibility.

Randle gets a lot of empty numbers. You can compare smart to other players and say rhey are beter than smart, but randle isnt one of them.
So why is Smart playing so much tonight? He's not stopping anyone.

« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2017, 12:33:44 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Terrible.

Randle wont start for us. He wont play much for the celtics. It has been shown time and time again that players who dont play d dont get minutes with stevens.

LOL @ Jared Sullinger starting 166 games over three seasons under Brad Stevens...

I agree that Randle doesnt look very good, but I can guarantee you that he would play if he were in Boston, for the same reason that Sullinger played when he was here.  We need rebounding desperately, and for all his flaws Randle is a very good rebounder.

As for the Rozier vs Portis argument, Rozier is at least on par with Portis right now, and hehas greater upside.  I agree with you on that.

« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2017, 05:32:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Terrible.

KGLL you were saying??

Rozier ahead of Portis looks like the right pick

Portis has ways to go...especially his upper body needs work

« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2017, 09:57:21 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't like getting old posts to expose people because it's not classy at all, but it has only 13 days. Reading it is hilarious today.

Can all of us take it as an example to not overreact so much again?

« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2017, 10:05:02 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I don't like getting old posts to expose people because it's not classy at all, but it has only 13 days. Reading it is hilarious today.

Fans overreact.  It's what we do.  How you get from freakin' out over Portis having a legitimately great game to puffing a done-nothing on an awful team like Randle over Smart is plain weird.

Mike

« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2017, 10:05:30 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Terrible.

KGLL you were saying??

Oh please TB. How's Mickey doing?

What you didn't realize is it's my reverse smack talk theory. If I am genuinely frustrated by a player and talk bad about him they almost always respond.

So your welcome. I lit a fire under Terry and it worked. The awesome part is next year will be his third and that is generally the break out year.

If we get the #1 pick you take Fultz and figure it out. Other than that kinda hoping we get a 6'8" player like Jackson or Tatum.

I changed the title just for you TB, but if Rozier sucks it up next series its all your fault Lol.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:12:10 AM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Rozier over Portis, A Magnificent decision Lol.
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2017, 10:52:50 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Mark Jackson was singing Roziers Praises. Van Gundy said Portis needs to really work on his defense and rebounding if he wants to play next year. Yes we need a big but we have last years to rookies coming. I like Rozier's demeanor as a player and he an smart play well together.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2017, 11:16:23 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

i agree, but that is asking a lot for some folks.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Re: Rozier over Portis, A Magnificent decision Lol.
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2017, 11:50:25 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Alright, I'm good with Rozier.

Still like Portis, but Rozier is contributing in the playoffs for the second year in a row and he's a second year player.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2017, 12:11:18 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Terrible.

KGLL you were saying??

Oh please TB. How's Mickey doing?

What you didn't realize is it's my reverse smack talk theory. If I am genuinely frustrated by a player and talk bad about him they almost always respond.

So your welcome. I lit a fire under Terry and it worked. The awesome part is next year will be his third and that is generally the break out year.

If we get the #1 pick you take Fultz and figure it out. Other than that kinda hoping we get a 6'8" player like Jackson or Tatum.

I changed the title just for you TB, but if Rozier sucks it up next series its all your fault Lol.

Badly!

I love Tatum.  Kid can do everything - defend, block shots, shoot, attack the basket, pass, rebound, run the floor, handle the ball.  On top of that he has the size/length/athleticism to play either forward position, and he has a great attitude with strong baskeball IQ. 

At 19 years of age he's already has an extremely versatile skill set, and yet it really feels like he's only just scratched the surface.  I'll be very surprised if he doesn't develop into an NBA All-Star sooner rather than later. 

Jackson I could take or leave, personally.  He seems like another Aaron Gordon type - will probably be solid, but I don't see him being anything special.