Author Topic: Rozier over Portis, A Magnificent decision Lol.  (Read 22039 times)

Re: Rozier over Portis. A trash decision.
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 09:44:27 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
The old Celticsblog wait for guy X to do well then bash Ainge for taking X in front of him like you and everyone else just knew all along.

I wish we could compile a list of all these comments and see how they end up saying they wanted to take like 5 different guys ahead of "Celtic X" depending on who did well that given week.

Keep flailing. That's the only amusement I find in being right about the vastly overrated general manager of the Boston Celtics.

Again.

The guy who pulled off maybe the best trade in NBA history?  And is the one seed three years into a rebuild?  That guy?

Do me a favor Bo: don't ever comment about the two top 4 picks we draft the next two years with the Nets pick or when we trade for an All Star with those picks.  Don't be happy with them and act like you were in for this all along.  Just keep whining like you always do.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 09:46:13 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Ainge not only messed up by drafting Rozier( not bc it was over Porter) but bc we made the playoffs that year by playing vets, who had their bags already packed for FA and were not in our future plans. Bass, Jonas, Gigi should have been gone after the trade deadline. Had we lost 3 more games we would have had the ability to select the guy I RAGED ABOUT...Myles Turner...though Ainge would have probably done a trade with MIA10th pick for Winslow with our assets and the 11th pick.

In all honesty I probably need counseling for DA's negligence that year.

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 09:48:13 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't know if Portis was the answer, but it's becoming evident that Rozier is highly expendable.

Ainge made a decision not to improve the rebounding up front at the trade deadline, to preserve his cap situation, and it looks like, from tonite's loss, he will pay for it in the playoffs.

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 09:54:07 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
The old Celticsblog wait for guy X to do well then bash Ainge for taking X in front of him like you and everyone else just knew all along.

I wish we could compile a list of all these comments and see how they end up saying they wanted to take like 5 different guys ahead of "Celtic X" depending on who did well that given week.

Keep flailing. That's the only amusement I find in being right about the vastly overrated general manager of the Boston Celtics.

If it's any consolation, the amusement you provide to others almost surely outweighs any amusement you provide to yourself.

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 09:57:03 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Portis is trash. Rozier's value is higher.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 09:57:17 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Again.

This one is s a venal sin, however, given Ainge's long mediocre draft history.

The real sin is the steaming dump he took on this team by not acquiring a rebounder at the deadline.

Yep. Horrible drafter. Terrible GM.  I mean, they could have had Ibaka and Tucker at the deadline, right? 

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2017, 10:23:11 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
One good game doesn't make a player. Portis has been pretty terrible.

Correction. Rozier has been worse. 4.3 ppg and 2.5 RPG.

7 ppg and 5 rpg is still better. And the fact that Rozier can't get minutes with us just further exemplifies the point.

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2017, 10:26:00 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Ainge not only messed up by drafting Rozier( not bc it was over Porter) but bc we made the playoffs that year by playing vets, who had their bags already packed for FA and were not in our future plans. Bass, Jonas, Gigi should have been gone after the trade deadline. Had we lost 3 more games we would have had the ability to select the guy I RAGED ABOUT...Myles Turner...though Ainge would have probably done a trade with MIA10th pick for Winslow with our assets and the 11th pick.

You do deserve credit for standing by this. I know I've criticized you in the past about your opposition to making the playoffs that year, but Myles Turner would look reeeeeaaaaally good on this team right now.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2017, 10:55:17 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

You do deserve credit for standing by this. I know I've criticized you in the past about your opposition to making the playoffs that year, but Myles Turner would look reeeeeaaaaally good on this team right now.

Turner was taken before we picked. Porter wasn't.

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
ah, but let no opportunity for over reaction pass us by once the celtics have experienced a loss.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 11:00:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I wonder who's been saying that on this board for two years .

Hmmm...
I have, thanks for noticing.

Um-hmmm, Want to admit to anyone else?

I suspect not.
well, if you finally stop insulting so many other posters here, maybe some of them would.  ::)

really bo, why you consistently do this is beyond me. please make your points and then before pushing the "save" button, go back and remove the insults. it would be much nicer for everyone here, yourself included.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2017, 11:04:56 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

I know. His point is that we should've tanked down the stretch (as the Pacers and Heat did) to land where we could've had Turner. I'm commending him for standing by that despite widespread criticism (including from me), because his unpopular belief proved prescient IMO.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2017, 11:08:11 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

The trade would likely be pick 11 for Horford, Johnson, Crowder and Rozier and 20+ wins over the past 2.5 season.

IDK if I do it. I definitely dont do it with the knowledge that DA probably trades up and gets Winslow there.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2017, 11:08:42 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Who is Porter?
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2017, 11:10:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
ah, but let no opportunity for over reaction pass us by once the celtics have experienced a loss.
true, but Portis HAS been better than Rozier, addresses a need, and was the obvious choice at the time.

Its fair to criticize Ainge for this pick.