Author Topic: Porzingis leaves to Latvia, may not return to NY as result of frustrations  (Read 6878 times)

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Phil Jackson can do no wrong..............
Red Auerbach couldn't stand Jackson - always thought he got way too much credit for the success of the both Bulls and Lakers.  He was 100% correct.
Phil won 11 titles, but do you think that he ever had less talent than his oponents during each of those runs?
IMO the closest were Portland 2000, Sac 2002 and the 1998 Jazz (only cause they were depleted, in game 6 Pip had a stiff back and Rodman was half done.) It is true that some other coaches had MJ, Pip, Shaq and Kobe, but Phil had them during their primes. Our 2010 team was less talented as they had prime Kobe and the leagues best frontcourt.

As for KP I think this is just NY media trying to stir something during the Knicks dog days. Perhaps even creating a topic they can strech out and use for the whole summer.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
This is the frustrating thing about the draft lottery ... seeing exciting, likable young players have their best years wasted by crappy organizations.

Porzingis, Davis, Towns, Cousins ... these guys should be the next wave of mega stars in the league, but they're only seen in next-day highlights because their teams are so poorly run.

Maybe by immediate family. Maybe.

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Can we just put KO on a United Flight to Latvia and bring Porzingis here...  :P :laugh:

Maybe put a convincing disguise on him..
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
This is the frustrating thing about the draft lottery ... seeing exciting, likable young players have their best years wasted by crappy organizations.

Porzingis, Davis, Towns, Cousins ... these guys should be the next wave of mega stars in the league, but they're only seen in next-day highlights because their teams are so poorly run.
Yeah, like Lebron, Durant, Griffin, Wade... oh, wait.

Maybe the problem is that it is impossible for all 32 teams to have winning records. Winning is a zero sum game.

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Knicks will not trade him this year. Sorry to be a party pooper. Hopefully we go after George.

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Knicks will not trade him this year. Sorry to be a party pooper. Hopefully we go after George.

I mean I don't think any of us realistically expected him to be traded anyways lol.

I don't think George comes here because he's an expiring. If he agrees to a long term commitment, then absolutely. But otherwise he's an expiring who could just bolt for LA in 2 seasons. Ainge isn't blowing assets to let that happen.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Maybe by immediate family. Maybe.

Hey Cousins is plenty likable when you mainly see him as a stat line on your fantasy roster.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

While I don't think they are likely to deal him, if you offer them the #1 pick in this draft plus the 2018 Nets pick, I'm confident they will strongly consider it. The draft lottery will have a big impact on our offseason plans.

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

While I don't think they are likely to deal him, if you offer them the #1 pick in this draft plus the 2018 Nets pick, I'm confident they will strongly consider it. The draft lottery will have a big impact on our offseason plans.

I think BOTH Nets picks may be too much, given the expectations of the top-5 in each drafts.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I think BOTH Nets picks may be too much, given the expectations of the top-5 in each drafts.

Possibly, yes. But if you want a young talent like Porzingis, that's what it would likely take. We know what he can do in the NBA already. We don't know what Fultz/Ball/Jackson/Tatum can do, and we don't know where the 2018 Nets pick will land yet.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
This article is a direct slap in the face to the Zen Master. Phill can't keep coaches because they hate the triangle, so do the players.

Phil thinks his coaching and the triangle offense had something to do with all his rings. He forgets about the luck of having, Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe. 

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I don't know about Towns,  they have a very exciting team to watch and grow. I believe the direction of the team changed once they hired Tom Thibs, only time can tell where they will be 3-5 years from now but a lineup of

Lavine/Wiggins/Towns is very exciting
I wouldn't be so fast to take Minnesota off the list of teams that don't know what they are doing. Here are their last 13 years worth of wins per season:

2005 - 44
2017 - 31

They had what many thought was an exciting core when they had Love in his 3rd year, Ricky Rubio and Derrick Williams as rookies, and Pekovic as a 2nd year player. What happened? Towns, Wiggins, Lavine isn't exactly a great defensive core. They can score but good teams defend and those guys aren't very good at that even with Thibs. Last year the TWolves had the highest Drtg they have ever had.

The ghost of David Kahn may still live in Minny. I am not about to take them off the list of poorly run franchises.

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Danny

Catch a plane .....follow him ......

Bring cash .

And some draft picks
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I don't know about Towns,  they have a very exciting team to watch and grow. I believe the direction of the team changed once they hired Tom Thibs, only time can tell where they will be 3-5 years from now but a lineup of

I wouldn't be so fast to take Minnesota off the list of teams that don't know what they are doing. Here are their last 13 years worth of wins per season:

2005 - 44
2017 - 31

They had what many thought was an exciting core when they had Love in his 3rd year, Ricky Rubio and Derrick Williams as rookies, and Pekovic as a 2nd year player. What happened? Towns, Wiggins, Lavine isn't exactly a great defensive core. They can score but good teams defend and those guys aren't very good at that even with Thibs. Last year the TWolves had the highest Drtg they have ever had.

The ghost of David Kahn may still live in Minny. I am not about to take them off the list of poorly run franchises.

I agree. In fact, drafting Kris Dunn was a classic Kahn move, not only a dud, but a PG dud, when you already have a very good PG.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

2005 - 44
2017 - 31

I agree. In fact, drafting Kris Dunn was a classic Kahn move, not only a dud, but a PG dud, when you already have a very good PG.

Wasn't their premise of drafting Dunn to be used as trade bait for Butler?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different