Author Topic: Porzingis leaves to Latvia, may not return to NY as result of frustrations  (Read 6873 times)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Danny

Catch a plane .....follow him ......

Bring cash .

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I would love to have him, but NYK has no reason to move him right now. KP has no leverage.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
This is the frustrating thing about the draft lottery ... seeing exciting, likable young players have their best years wasted by crappy organizations.

Porzingis, Davis, Towns, Cousins ... these guys should be the next wave of mega stars in the league, but they're only seen in next-day highlights because their teams are so poorly run.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Phil Jackson can do no wrong..............

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
This is the frustrating thing about the draft lottery ... seeing exciting, likable young players have their best years wasted by crappy organizations.

Porzingis, Davis, Towns, Cousins ... these guys should be the next wave of mega stars in the league, but they're only seen in next-day highlights because their teams are so poorly run.

Agree with everything except for Towns being on this list. Minny isn't perfect but I wouldn't classify them as poorly run.
2021 Houston Rockets

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Where does it say he may not return to NY?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Where does it say he may not return to NY?
The thread title is misleading. He is going to stay in Latvia until he is required to report back to NY for training camp

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I would love to have him, but NYK has no reason to move him right now. KP has no leverage.

He can sit out, not show up,  tell them to bite his butt ....they'll have to trade him. ......too embrassing to keep someone who hate on your organization 24/7

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He can sit out, not show up,  tell them to bite his butt ....they'll have to trade him. ......too embrassing to keep someone who hate on your organization 24/7

He's under contract. Pretty sure he'd be in breach and would face repercussions under CBA guidelines.
2021 Houston Rockets

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

He's under contract. Pretty sure he'd be in breach and would face repercussions under CBA guidelines.

Loss of pay, but I'm not sure what else happens to a holdout. He couldn't play in any respectable foreign leagues either.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Celtics need to send a spy to Latvia and convince him to demand a trade, outright.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

The fans on this site should keep this in mind next time they bash our organization. When we land good players we actually know what to do with them.

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I don't know about Towns,  they have a very exciting team to watch and grow. I believe the direction of the team changed once they hired Tom Thibs, only time can tell where they will be 3-5 years from now but a lineup of

Lavine/Wiggins/Towns is very exciting

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Phil Jackson can do no wrong..............
Red Auerbach couldn't stand Jackson - always thought he got way too much credit for the success of the both Bulls and Lakers.  He was 100% correct.