Author Topic: Porzingis leaves to Latvia, may not return to NY as result of frustrations  (Read 6874 times)

Offline the_gunner

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
The problem as I see it is that it will probably cost a bit more than a few second rounders to get rid of Lee and Noahs contracts. I really can't see who would be willing to take then on unless they get paid really well.

The second thing is that I think kp wouldn't be happy on the team and why should they will have to overpay him massively on two years time to keep him maybe even a max contract and that might not even be enough.

I really think they are in a bad position and they might have to sell kp to get some value to build on. If they do Boston could be a great place for a hard working guy like him! ;)

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
The Knicks would have absolutely no issue trading Lee. He's actually a valuable player -- he's just in a dysfunctional situation with the Knicks. Noah's the only one they'd have to use assets to dump.

Porzingis isn't going anywhere anytime soon, let's not fool ourselves. The Knicks will offer him a max contract extension after next season and he'll sign it because no one ever turns down a max contract extension coming off their rookie deal.  The last notable guy to go the qualifying option route was Greg Monroe -- and that was largely because the Pistons didn't offer him a full-on max.

Offline the_gunner

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
We disagree on Lee's contract. He is on the contract until 2020 and the contract is growing as he is declining. He's 32 now and is almost getting paid 12 mio next season. I agree he is no way near as bad a contract as Noah, but it's still not a good contract.

Who will take on Lee's contract without being somehow paid for it?

When it comes to kp's contract you might be right, but I hope you're not!  :)