Author Topic: Bulls (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Game 1 4/16/17  (Read 55835 times)

Re: Bulls (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Game 1 4/16/17
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 08:06:35 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Let's go Celtics!!!!!
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 08:15:11 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Go Get It, C's! 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 08:18:49 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Go Celts!! Prayers for IT!

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 08:30:35 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
Hopefully IT would turn tragedy to light and crank up the killer-mode (his term).  Hopefully he'd use it as a fuel.

However if it's having the opposite effect, Brad shouldn't hesitate to take him out of the rest of the game for his own sake as well as for everybody else's.

Hopefully it's the former
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:34:14 AM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 10:23:39 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
with or without IT I am confident the C's will play for IT and give it their very best.
Be aggressive and lets get this one, don't let the Bulls sneek one up.

FOR IT,   Rest in Peace Chyna Thomas.

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 11:11:22 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Regardless of whether IT plays or not, I hope the team wins this one for him and his sister. Curious to see if "Playoffs Rondo" will show up too.

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2017, 11:47:05 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Regardless of whether IT plays or not, I hope the team wins this one for him and his sister. Curious to see if "Playoffs Rondo" will show up too.
we all deal with grief differently and i respect that in each of us. IT will do what is best for him in this case and i respect that.

this is only a game.

if it were me, i would not be playing. but i have not qualms (nor should i since it is not my [dang]ed business) on any choice made by IT or anyone else in these circumstances.

when my father passed away, i was around him. my older brother could not bring himself to watch it happen and was in another state. i respect his choice since it affected him differently and he had to deal with it his way.

RIP to her.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2017, 11:47:43 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
21st!

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2017, 11:52:31 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Sources with ESPN said yesterday he wanted to play today and unless he wakes up with a change of heart, he will play

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2017, 11:55:36 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I truthfully would not mind IT not playing Games 1 and 2. Family First.

Ainge and Stevens will definitely do what's right here. All up to IT.

And please, if IT has a bad game today (assuming he plays), no one bash him or anything please. Just to keep it clean and respectful in times like this.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 12:40:06 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!

And please, if IT has a bad game today (assuming he plays), no one bash him or anything please. Just to keep it clean and respectful in times like this.
TP for this.  We all deal differently.  My first husband died in a flying accident and I went back to teaching a couple of days after the funeral.  I had to be strong for my kids and keeping busy helped me.    His brother had died a couple of years before and his wife was still not able to go back to work and couldn't deal with it.   My mother in law still will not speak to me because she said that I didn't grieve enough.  She had no idea what I had in my heart,  but for me,  keeping busy and going back to normal was what I had to do.   But I understood my sister in law's reaction also. 

IT will do what he has to.  If he plays,  he may play well because he's playing in honor of his sister's memory.  He may also play poorly because his mind is understandably on his family and the tragedy.  Or, he may feel it's best not to play if he doesn't feel he can do it and that he needs to be with his family at this time.  Whatever he does, the Celtics family will be solidly behind him!!!  RIP Chyna. 

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2017, 01:04:23 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Sources with ESPN said yesterday he wanted to play today and unless he wakes up with a change of heart, he will play

The Celtics just sent Jackson and Mickey to Maine (announced 3 minutes ago).  If IT weren't expected to be available, I'd imagine one of them would have stayed in Boston to dress a full roster.

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2017, 01:05:36 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

TP for this.  We all deal differently.  My first husband died in a flying accident and I went back to teaching a couple of days after the funeral.  I had to be strong for my kids and keeping busy helped me.    His brother had died a couple of years before and his wife was still not able to go back to work and couldn't deal with it.   My mother in law still will not speak to me because she said that I didn't grieve enough.  She had no idea what I had in my heart,  but for me,  keeping busy and going back to normal was what I had to do.   But I understood my sister in law's reaction also. 

IT will do what he has to.  If he plays,  he may play well because he's playing in honor of his sister's memory.  He may also play poorly because his mind is understandably on his family and the tragedy.  Or, he may feel it's best not to play if he doesn't feel he can do it and that he needs to be with his family at this time.  Whatever he does, the Celtics family will be solidly behind him!!!  RIP Chyna.

I'm sorry for the grief you had, and still must have, to deal with, FLC.  Thank you for bringing perspective.

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2017, 01:13:33 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Demetrius Jackson was just assigned to the Red Claws. I would have expected him to be with Boston if IT were expected not to play.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2017, 01:52:11 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen