Author Topic: Bulls (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Game 1 4/16/17  (Read 56414 times)

Re: Bulls (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Game 1 4/16/17
« Reply #705 on: April 16, 2017, 10:49:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
My gift to Danny Ainge for screwing us...

A TP for you, sir. I laughed.

As anticipated, this is a tough night for those who would defend Ainge at any cost.

Not really, seeing as Ainge has still has

1. Engineered a champion
2. Pulled off one of the greatest trades in NBA history to disband said champion
3. Rebuilt a 50-win team after bottoming out for just one year
4. Held on to #1 odds in the impending lottery

You know what? After looking at that resume, I see why you guys are so disgruntled. I think we should hire a real winner like Billy King, Phil Jackson, Rob Henigan, Ryan McDonough, etc. You know, all of those guys that are outperforming Ainge.

And I'm glad you'll be a living witness to the fact that his perturbed decisions has turned those "positive" things on their heads. 

Btw he didn't "pull off" one of the greatest trades in NBA history. 

It's like that quote about religion by Mark Twain, "Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”

Bring it back to basketball and that quote fit perfectly.  Any dumb GM would look golden dealing with the Nets.

Danny got lucky.  Most of his "great deals" were, for the most part, luck.  Nothing else.

Makes sense. Unlike other GM's, Danny just gets lucky constantly. Acquisitions of Ray Allen, KG, Rondo, Jae Crowder, and Isaiah Thomas were all luck. His smaller moves, like acquiring the pick used to acquire IT in a salary dump was pure luck.

Remove 2008 and you'd see everything else clearly.  Since then his best move was acquiring Brad Stevens.  That was brilliant.

Other than that, I can't give him any credit.  Crowder turned out great.  Danny was going to trade him.  He was just collecting pieces.  I'd say the same for Isaiah.  Even though he has loved Isaiah from the start, he didn't pick Isaiah when he had the chance.  Isaiah was on the bench in Boston when he got here, he wasn't a starter.  All of that is saying the same thing...collecting pieces.

All of that is futile when you are too dumb to capitalize when opportunity for big moves present themselves.  You can cry all you want about great small moves he's made, he is yet to turn any of it into a big move.  Small moves don't win you championships, big moves does.  Bunch of role players and inconsistent bench players don't win you championships but trading for legit and proven players.

Danny sucks.  Soon enough that veil will  be removed from all of your faces.

You have convinced me. You're extremely persuasive.

Psst...My goal isn't to persuade you or anybody because quite frankly I don't have the patience for it and neither am I your typical politically correct dot your I's and T's mother****a.  What I do is post my comments and anyone with any reasoning skills would be able to figure out what I'm saying without having to make me prove something or convince them.  Facts speaks for themselves.  One fact that matters in the conversation of basketball is championships and Danny, since being the GM of this franchise, has only won one and that was 9 years ago.  All else is nothing but histrionic nonsense.  But if we are break it down, the reason he's only won one and still is considered one of the top GM's in the league is what I'm concerned about. 

He is not and shouldn't be considered one.  Period.

Terrible players:

Dirk Nowitzki, Julius Erving, Oscar Robertson, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, etc.

Because winning more than one ring is so easy.

It's easy when you are considered a great gm.    Otherwise why do we include him in the "one of the top gms in the league" conversation?
now you are being border-line ridiculous. "easy"? are you honestly positing that a GM simply has an easy time winning multiple championships? not a strong argument at all and it detracts from your earlier points.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #706 on: April 16, 2017, 10:49:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
For those looking to make huge emotional overreactions, wouldnt this loss validate Ainge's decision to not add a rebounder at the deadline?

if you cant beat the bulls you arent close.

Agreed.

It's frustrating seeing the team's weaknesses play out in such graphic and predictable fashion in Round 1, but the decision not to try to prop up a flawed core with short term role player additions makes sense in the big picture.

Ainge's plan should be to do what he can to add a top talent this summer.  If he can't, well, add more young talent and keep developing it.

Thomas, Horford, Bradley, Crowder ... these guys will continue to be fun to watch in the regular season and give them a shot at playing a series or two in the post-season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #707 on: April 16, 2017, 10:50:59 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

As anticipated, this is a tough night for those who would defend Ainge at any cost.

1. Engineered a champion
2. Pulled off one of the greatest trades in NBA history to disband said champion

You know what? After looking at that resume, I see why you guys are so disgruntled. I think we should hire a real winner like Billy King, Phil Jackson, Rob Henigan, Ryan McDonough, etc. You know, all of those guys that are outperforming Ainge.

why are you getting in the middle of a circle-jerk?

Of what?  Can it be considered a Circle-Jerk with only one and half people doing the jerking?  Lol.  That must be some magical Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. only you would know about lol.

Dumb comment.  I was expecting you to make a wise-crack and sure enough.  How predictable. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #708 on: April 16, 2017, 10:52:05 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

1. Engineered a champion

And I'm glad you'll be a living witness to the fact that his perturbed decisions has turned those "positive" things on their heads. 

Btw he didn't "pull off" one of the greatest trades in NBA history. 

It's like that quote about religion by Mark Twain, "Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”

Bring it back to basketball and that quote fit perfectly.  Any dumb GM would look golden dealing with the Nets.

Danny got lucky.  Most of his "great deals" were, for the most part, luck.  Nothing else.

Makes sense. Unlike other GM's, Danny just gets lucky constantly. Acquisitions of Ray Allen, KG, Rondo, Jae Crowder, and Isaiah Thomas were all luck. His smaller moves, like acquiring the pick used to acquire IT in a salary dump was pure luck.

Remove 2008 and you'd see everything else clearly.  Since then his best move was acquiring Brad Stevens.  That was brilliant.

Other than that, I can't give him any credit.  Crowder turned out great.  Danny was going to trade him.  He was just collecting pieces.  I'd say the same for Isaiah.  Even though he has loved Isaiah from the start, he didn't pick Isaiah when he had the chance.  Isaiah was on the bench in Boston when he got here, he wasn't a starter.  All of that is saying the same thing...collecting pieces.

All of that is futile when you are too dumb to capitalize when opportunity for big moves present themselves.  You can cry all you want about great small moves he's made, he is yet to turn any of it into a big move.  Small moves don't win you championships, big moves does.  Bunch of role players and inconsistent bench players don't win you championships but trading for legit and proven players.

Danny sucks.  Soon enough that veil will  be removed from all of your faces.

You have convinced me. You're extremely persuasive.

Psst...My goal isn't to persuade you or anybody because quite frankly I don't have the patience for it and neither am I your typical politically correct dot your I's and T's mother****a.  What I do is post my comments and anyone with any reasoning skills would be able to figure out what I'm saying without having to make me prove something or convince them.  Facts speaks for themselves.  One fact that matters in the conversation of basketball is championships and Danny, since being the GM of this franchise, has only won one and that was 9 years ago.  All else is nothing but histrionic nonsense.  But if we are break it down, the reason he's only won one and still is considered one of the top GM's in the league is what I'm concerned about. 

He is not and shouldn't be considered one.  Period.

Terrible players:

Dirk Nowitzki, Julius Erving, Oscar Robertson, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, etc.

Because winning more than one ring is so easy.

It's easy when you are considered a great gm.    Otherwise why do we include him in the "one of the top gms in the league" conversation?

What?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #709 on: April 16, 2017, 10:52:32 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
For those looking to make huge emotional overreactions, wouldnt this loss validate Ainge's decision to not add a rebounder at the deadline?

Agreed.

It's frustrating seeing the team's weaknesses play out in such graphic and predictable fashion in Round 1, but the decision not to try to prop up a flawed core with short term role player additions makes sense in the big picture.

Ainge's plan should be to do what he can to add a top talent this summer.  If he can't, well, add more young talent and keep developing it.

Thomas, Horford, Bradley, Crowder ... these guys will continue to be fun to watch in the regular season and give them a shot at playing a series or two in the post-season.
agreed, but then the optimist in me also chirps up and says....four points. with smart, olly, crowder and the bench playing like they had pianos strapped to their backs, this team still lost by only 4 points.

i expect them to win the series. they wont suddenly improve in rebounding, so i dont Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. too much about that.

but i think CBS has to draw up defenses to stop butler. if the rest of that team has great games, so be it. portis played way over his season track record. it happens. but CBS should take the chance that it wont happen again, play hard againt butler on defense and hope that someone from the celtics bench pulls his head out from his butt.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #710 on: April 16, 2017, 10:53:00 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

1. Engineered a champion

Can't help myself.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #711 on: April 16, 2017, 10:56:29 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

1. Engineered a champion

Can't help myself.

Of course you could.  Only that a small part of you know I'm right which is why you had to fight it it.  I don't give a **** about popular opinions.  Morons can pat themselves and each other on the back for all I care.  As long as I have conviction of truth on my side, that is all that matters. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:07:20 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my

« Reply #712 on: April 16, 2017, 10:57:16 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Agreed.

Make that three of us. I'm glad we have a competitive team to watch, but we're nowhere near Golden State. Durant was really our only chance to get their in the window of 2015-19. We're better off waiting it out until we can truly compete with the best in the postseason.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #713 on: April 16, 2017, 10:59:36 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Some of us have been saying we told you All year now but you know...celticsblog and stuff ::)

« Reply #714 on: April 16, 2017, 11:01:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Agreed.

agreed, but then the optimist in me also chirps up and says....four points. with smart, olly, crowder and the bench playing like they had pianos strapped to their backs, this team still lost by only 4 points.

i expect them to win the series. they wont suddenly improve in rebounding, so i dont **** too much about that.

but i think CBS has to draw up defenses to stop butler. if the rest of that team has great games, so be it. portis played way over his season track record. it happens. but CBS should take the chance that it wont happen again, play hard againt butler on defense and hope that someone from the celtics bench pulls his head out from his butt.

Look, I think they'll beat the Bulls.  Even if Isaiah misses game 2.

But if you have to "figure things out" just to beat a super-flawed 8th seed, that tells you all you need to know. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #715 on: April 16, 2017, 11:04:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

1. Engineered a champion

Of what?  Can it be considered a Circle-Jerk with only one and half people doing the jerking?  Lol.  That must be some magical **** only you would know about lol.

Dumb comment.  I was expecting you to make a wise-crack and sure enough.  How predictable.

you underestimate the degree of jerkiness on display.

« Reply #716 on: April 16, 2017, 11:08:43 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

1. Engineered a champion

Of what?  Can it be considered a Circle-Jerk with only one and half people doing the jerking?  Lol.  That must be some magical **** only you would know about lol.

you underestimate the degree of jerkiness on display.

You even suck at insults smh #palmface.  Take 30 more minutes and try again.  Lame.

« Reply #717 on: April 16, 2017, 11:17:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
good, since I wasn't trying to insult.

« Reply #718 on: April 16, 2017, 11:20:31 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
Some of us have been saying we told you All year now but you know...celticsblog and stuff ::)

That saying "ignorance is bliss" is the worst maxim that's even been created imo.  Ignorance is not bliss, it's suffering, because when that bubble bust you are engulfed in all of its flame.  That's what these people will come to feel.  And you know what, some of them will continue to deny, hanging on to some fable nonsense they've created for for comfort, for self-satisfaction.  It's sad, really. 

I don't blame any of those guys who played tonight.  They did everything within their power, even that lack of effort we often complain about was given tonight with all its limits and whatnot, and that is all they could give.  What was missing is help the moron at the top failed to get these guys. 

« Reply #719 on: April 16, 2017, 11:24:37 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Agreed.

i expect them to win the series. they wont suddenly improve in rebounding, so i dont **** too much about that.

Look, I think they'll beat the Bulls.  Even if Isaiah misses game 2.

But if you have to "figure things out" just to beat a super-flawed 8th seed, that tells you all you need to know.

In fairness, this Bulls team is not as bad as some of the sub .500 8th seeds we've had in the East in recently years but even with Butler being the best player on the court, we're more talented and are supposed to have a better coach.  It shouldn't take an exceptional performance to beat Chicago.

On the other hand, when the Bulls start out guarding Horford with Mirotic and we don't immediate go to Al in the post, it's hard not to obsess about such an obvious mistake.

Mike