Author Topic: Bulls (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Game 1 4/16/17  (Read 56377 times)

Re: Bulls (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Game 1 4/16/17
« Reply #690 on: April 16, 2017, 10:24:24 PM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
One game. IT's sister passed away for god's sake. Understandable if the team was distracted tonight.

That's the problem, though.  IT is the only one (outside of AB) that showed up tonight.  That's unacceptable in general, and given the personal circumstances, exponentially worse.  I lost a lot of respect for this team tonight.  I didn't care whether they won or lost, but I expected them to play harder than I've seen them play all season for Isaiah.  He's the only reason they're relevant, and for him to show up under that level of distress only to be let down by his teammates... unacceptable.  I don't care to watch the rest of the series, to be honest.

Am I the only person that feels this way?  Can't be the case...

I somewhat agree. I understand why they'd all be a bit shaken, but ultimately, I expected the non-IT players to step up; they didn't.

Horford stepped up.

IT, Horford, and Bradley played well. The rest didn't.

« Reply #691 on: April 16, 2017, 10:26:46 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
For those looking to make huge emotional overreactions, wouldnt this loss validate Ainge's decision to not add a rebounder at the deadline?

if you cant beat the bulls you arent close.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #692 on: April 16, 2017, 10:27:00 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
One game. IT's sister passed away for god's sake. Understandable if the team was distracted tonight.

That's the problem, though.  IT is the only one (outside of AB) that showed up tonight.  That's unacceptable in general, and given the personal circumstances, exponentially worse.  I lost a lot of respect for this team tonight.  I didn't care whether they won or lost, but I expected them to play harder than I've seen them play all season for Isaiah.  He's the only reason they're relevant, and for him to show up under that level of distress only to be let down by his teammates... unacceptable.  I don't care to watch the rest of the series, to be honest.

Am I the only person that feels this way?  Can't be the case...

I somewhat agree. I understand why they'd all be a bit shaken, but ultimately, I expected the non-IT players to step up; they didn't.

Horford stepped up.

IT, Horford, and Bradley played well. The rest didn't.

Yep, I'm with you on Horford. Forgot to add that to my post.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #693 on: April 16, 2017, 10:30:13 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
For those looking to make huge emotional overreactions, wouldnt this loss validate Ainge's decision to not add a rebounder at the deadline?

if you cant beat the bulls you arent close.

We were outrebounded by 20 and lost by 4. If we lose this series, it will be due to the lack rebounding.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #694 on: April 16, 2017, 10:35:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
It's a 7 game series. The Bulls still have to beat us 3 more times. The 2008 Celtics struggled hard in the 1st round that year and took a full 7 games to beat the Hawks. The Cavs barely got by the Pacers last night. These things happen, I wouldn't push the panic button just yet. If we lose game 2 though , then I would worry.

« Reply #695 on: April 16, 2017, 10:36:46 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
My gift to Danny Ainge for screwing us...

A TP for you, sir. I laughed.

As anticipated, this is a tough night for those who would defend Ainge at any cost.

Not really, seeing as Ainge has still has

1. Engineered a champion
2. Pulled off one of the greatest trades in NBA history to disband said champion
3. Rebuilt a 50-win team after bottoming out for just one year
4. Held on to #1 odds in the impending lottery

You know what? After looking at that resume, I see why you guys are so disgruntled. I think we should hire a real winner like Billy King, Phil Jackson, Rob Henigan, Ryan McDonough, etc. You know, all of those guys that are outperforming Ainge.

And I'm glad you'll be a living witness to the fact that his perturbed decisions has turned those "positive" things on their heads. 

Btw he didn't "pull off" one of the greatest trades in NBA history. 

It's like that quote about religion by Mark Twain, "Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”

Bring it back to basketball and that quote fit perfectly.  Any dumb GM would look golden dealing with the Nets.

Danny got lucky.  Most of his "great deals" were, for the most part, luck.  Nothing else.

Makes sense. Unlike other GM's, Danny just gets lucky constantly. Acquisitions of Ray Allen, KG, Rondo, Jae Crowder, and Isaiah Thomas were all luck. His smaller moves, like acquiring the pick used to acquire IT in a salary dump was pure luck.

Remove 2008 and you'd see everything else clearly.  Since then his best move was acquiring Brad Stevens.  That was brilliant.

Other than that, I can't give him any credit.  Crowder turned out great.  Danny was going to trade him.  He was just collecting pieces.  I'd say the same for Isaiah.  Even though he has loved Isaiah from the start, he didn't pick Isaiah when he had the chance.  Isaiah was on the bench in Boston when he got here, he wasn't a starter.  All of that is saying the same thing...collecting pieces.

All of that is futile when you are too dumb to capitalize when opportunity for big moves present themselves.  You can cry all you want about great small moves he's made, he is yet to turn any of it into a big move.  Small moves don't win you championships, big moves does.  Bunch of role players and inconsistent bench players don't win you championships but trading for legit and proven players.

Danny sucks.  Soon enough that veil will  be removed from all of your faces.

You have convinced me. You're extremely persuasive.

Psst...My goal isn't to persuade you or anybody because quite frankly I don't have the patience for it and neither am I your typical politically correct dot your I's and T's mother****a.  What I do is post my comments and anyone with any reasoning skills would be able to figure out what I'm saying without having to make me prove something or convince them.  Facts speaks for themselves.  One fact that matters in the conversation of basketball is championships and Danny, since being the GM of this franchise, has only won one and that was 9 years ago.  All else is nothing but histrionic nonsense.  But if we are break it down, the reason he's only won one and still is considered one of the top GM's in the league is what I'm concerned about. 

He is not and shouldn't be considered one.  Period.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #696 on: April 16, 2017, 10:39:48 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Remember how Serge Ibaka wasnt worth getting rid of Terry Rozier? LOL.

Yeah, Ibaka has helped the Raptors win game 1 against the Bucks. Oh, wait...  ::)

Hey, why are you p---ing on their parade?

« Reply #697 on: April 16, 2017, 10:40:09 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Can we cut KO immediately? I'm so sick of this guy can't wait till he's gone. Also Crowder was terrible this game to hell with the he's on a good contract, if we can trade him and upgrade do it, or send him to the bench.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #698 on: April 16, 2017, 10:41:29 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Can we cut KO immediately? I'm so sick of this guy can't wait till he's gone. Also Crowder was terrible this game to hell with the he's on a good contract, if we can trade him and upgrade do it, or send him to the bench.

I think KO goes the way of Sullinger.

Celts will wait on giving him a QO in order to conserve cap space and somebody else will end up signing him to a one or two year deal.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #699 on: April 16, 2017, 10:41:57 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
It's a 7 game series. The Bulls still have to beat us 3 more times. The 2008 Celtics struggled hard in the 1st round that year and took a full 7 games to beat the Hawks. The Cavs barely got by the Pacers last night. These things happen, I wouldn't push the panic button just yet. If we lose game 2 though , then I would worry.

Sure, give us a prime Paul, KG, and Ray.

Heck, I'd happily take a prime Posey and Perk.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #700 on: April 16, 2017, 10:42:46 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

As anticipated, this is a tough night for those who would defend Ainge at any cost.

1. Engineered a champion
2. Pulled off one of the greatest trades in NBA history to disband said champion

You know what? After looking at that resume, I see why you guys are so disgruntled. I think we should hire a real winner like Billy King, Phil Jackson, Rob Henigan, Ryan McDonough, etc. You know, all of those guys that are outperforming Ainge.

And I'm glad you'll be a living witness to the fact that his perturbed decisions has turned those "positive" things on their heads. 

It's like that quote about religion by Mark Twain, "Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”

Bring it back to basketball and that quote fit perfectly.  Any dumb GM would look golden dealing with the Nets.

Danny got lucky.  Most of his "great deals" were, for the most part, luck.  Nothing else.

Makes sense. Unlike other GM's, Danny just gets lucky constantly. Acquisitions of Ray Allen, KG, Rondo, Jae Crowder, and Isaiah Thomas were all luck. His smaller moves, like acquiring the pick used to acquire IT in a salary dump was pure luck.

Remove 2008 and you'd see everything else clearly.  Since then his best move was acquiring Brad Stevens.  That was brilliant.

Other than that, I can't give him any credit.  Crowder turned out great.  Danny was going to trade him.  He was just collecting pieces.  I'd say the same for Isaiah.  Even though he has loved Isaiah from the start, he didn't pick Isaiah when he had the chance.  Isaiah was on the bench in Boston when he got here, he wasn't a starter.  All of that is saying the same thing...collecting pieces.

All of that is futile when you are too dumb to capitalize when opportunity for big moves present themselves.  You can cry all you want about great small moves he's made, he is yet to turn any of it into a big move.  Small moves don't win you championships, big moves does.  Bunch of role players and inconsistent bench players don't win you championships but trading for legit and proven players.

Psst...My goal isn't to persuade you or anybody because quite frankly I don't have the patience for it and neither am I your typical politically correct dot your I's and T's mother****a.  What I do is post my comments and anyone with any reasoning skills would be able to figure out what I'm saying without having to make me prove something or convince them.  Facts speaks for themselves.  One fact that matters in the conversation of basketball is championships and Danny, since being the GM of this franchise, has only won one and that was 9 years ago.  All else is nothing but histrionic nonsense.  But if we are break it down, the reason he's only won one and still is considered one of the top GM's in the league is what I'm concerned about. 

Terrible players:

Dirk Nowitzki, Julius Erving, Oscar Robertson, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, etc.

Because winning more than one ring is so easy.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #701 on: April 16, 2017, 10:46:20 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

1. Engineered a champion

why are you getting in the middle of a circle-jerk?

« Reply #702 on: April 16, 2017, 10:46:22 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

1. Engineered a champion

Terrible players:

Dirk Nowitzki, Julius Erving, Oscar Robertson, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, etc.

Because winning more than one ring is so easy.

It's easy when you are considered a great gm.    Otherwise why do we include him in the "one of the top gms in the league" conversation? 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #703 on: April 16, 2017, 10:47:13 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

1. Engineered a champion

okay, i'll bite. and how many of the other 29 or so GMs have won more championships in that period of time? 5 of them? 10? enough so that ainge obviously is out shone by many of his peers and thereby demonstrating that ainge is merely pedestrian or poor as a GM? if not, then we have to give credit where it is due.

and by the way, i found your posts to be self-contradictory on the "ainge is lucky"...except for stevens, IT, crowder, and of course the dismissal of his biggest successes, ones to which very few other GMs can lay claim.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #704 on: April 16, 2017, 10:49:17 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
We should be starting KO with Horford so Amir can be our backup center and shore up the boards when Al is taking a breather. Also KO stretches a big outside so we can crash some offensive boards with our wings and guards, giving the bulls a taste of their own medicine. The bigs have to play more physical as well, it's the playoffs and a sophomore is ****ting on you guys with pure hustle and grind. Also, is KO guarding Lopez a good idea? I think this can let Horford do what he does best in help defense because Nikola Mirotic is definitely not making him pay for help inside as long as he closes out smartly and aggressively
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA