Author Topic: Bulls (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Game 1 4/16/17  (Read 56226 times)

Re: Bulls (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Game 1 4/16/17
« Reply #675 on: April 16, 2017, 09:55:18 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

Has Olynyk ever showed up?

Nope, he doesn't even play the games.  Ainge still pays him too.  Terrible GM.

He gets the blame for drafting the bum

« Reply #676 on: April 16, 2017, 09:56:28 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
A TP for you, sir. I laughed.

As anticipated, this is a tough night for those who would defend Ainge at any cost.

That is funny stuff!

I think Ainge knew this team was much further away from winning a championship than  us fans. He knew this was a fraud team that still has major moves to make. Why give up assets to make your team better only to win maybe 1 more round? Rather keep everything and make the bigger trades.

If that's the case, maxing out Horford was a waste of money on our part and a waste of the rest of Al's prime.

When in doubt, blame Ainge.  It was his fault Crowder and Olynyk didn't show up.  He also should have traded the Nets pick for Faried.

That's being dramatic, no?

People can be annoyed with the GM who boasted skill over rebounding when we get crushed on the boards by 20 and mouse home court advantage. There were moves to be made without giving up a major asset. Nerlens Noel comes to mind.

It's really not.  This is easily a top 3 GM in the league and the team under performs and you guys all blame it on him.  It's completley dramatic and foolish.

Danny is a good GM - a great one - but that doesn't make him immune from criticism. He's not a God for crying out loud.

Rebounding has been an issue for the Celtics for YEARS. Danny has this weird fascination with combo guards and tweener forwards who don't address the issue.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #677 on: April 16, 2017, 09:56:46 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
One game. IT's sister passed away for god's sake. Understandable if the team was distracted tonight.

That's the problem, though.  IT is the only one (outside of AB) that showed up tonight.  That's unacceptable in general, and given the personal circumstances, exponentially worse.  I lost a lot of respect for this team tonight.  I didn't care whether they won or lost, but I expected them to play harder than I've seen them play all season for Isaiah.  He's the only reason they're relevant, and for him to show up under that level of distress only to be let down by his teammates... unacceptable.  I don't care to watch the rest of the series, to be honest. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #678 on: April 16, 2017, 09:56:51 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
My gift to Danny Ainge for screwing us...

As anticipated, this is a tough night for those who would defend Ainge at any cost.

Not really, seeing as Ainge has still has

1. Engineered a champion
2. Pulled off one of the greatest trades in NBA history to disband said champion
3. Rebuilt a 50-win team after bottoming out for just one year
4. Held on to #1 odds in the impending lottery

You know what? After looking at that resume, I see why you guys are so disgruntled. I think we should hire a real winner like Billy King, Phil Jackson, Rob Henigan, Ryan McDonough, etc. You know, all of those guys that are outperforming Ainge.

And I'm glad you'll be a living witness to the fact that his perturbed decisions has turned those "positive" things on their heads. 

Btw he didn't "pull off" one of the greatest trades in NBA history. 

It's like that quote about religion by Mark Twain, "Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”

Bring it back to basketball and that quote fit perfectly.  Any dumb GM would look golden dealing with the Nets.

Danny got lucky.  Most of his "great deals" were, for the most part, luck.  Nothing else.

Makes sense. Unlike other GM's, Danny just gets lucky constantly. Acquisitions of Ray Allen, KG, Rondo, Jae Crowder, and Isaiah Thomas were all luck. His smaller moves, like acquiring the pick used to acquire IT in a salary dump was pure luck.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #679 on: April 16, 2017, 09:57:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Remember how Serge Ibaka wasnt worth getting rid of Terry Rozier? LOL.

Yeah, Ibaka has helped the Raptors win game 1 against the Bucks. Oh, wait...  ::)
:-X

Ibaka had 19 pts and 14 reb.

It hurts to think about how good Ibaka and Horford would be as a pair.

Oh no we can 't sign a big ......that would be spending assets ..... ::)

Let some other team have Cousins for peanuts ......   :'(

One stupid move after another .

« Reply #680 on: April 16, 2017, 09:58:43 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum

Bring it back to basketball and that quote fit perfectly.  Any dumb GM would look golden dealing with the Nets.

Who did?  If anyone can please provide examples.

Trying to discount the Nets trade now is some super silly stuff.

Stop playing dumb.  I meant in terms of what we had to offer for what they gave away.  To give away draft picks for over-the-hill KG, Paul Pierce, and Jason Terry had to be the dumbest thing in the world.  Lucky for Danny, they bit.

I do give Ainge credit for his trades I mean how could you not? Getting KG and Ray. I.T.  trade was great. Trading Pierce and KG for 3 number 1's. I do however don't trust Ainge drafting as he has missed way more than he has hit. I hope they trade this years pick.

« Reply #681 on: April 16, 2017, 10:01:25 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
One game. IT's sister passed away for god's sake. Understandable if the team was distracted tonight.

Not when IT overcomes it himself. He did what the team was unable to do. For Nothing.

« Reply #682 on: April 16, 2017, 10:01:48 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum

That is funny stuff!

I think Ainge knew this team was much further away from winning a championship than  us fans. He knew this was a fraud team that still has major moves to make. Why give up assets to make your team better only to win maybe 1 more round? Rather keep everything and make the bigger trades.

If that's the case, maxing out Horford was a waste of money on our part and a waste of the rest of Al's prime.

Still have to spend some money and put fans in the seats. Also because he thought it gave them a chance at signing KD once that didn't fall through then yes signing Horford to max was a mistake and useless.

« Reply #683 on: April 16, 2017, 10:08:00 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Game 1 is always up in the air.

We're still going to win this series.  But it's not going to be enjoyable to watch at all since we'll continually get smashed on the glass.

Brad's decision to play 11 players is beyond stupid.  That should NEVER happen in a playoff game. He deserves as much blame for this loss as anyone.

Yep.

You can't still be figuring out who to use in Game 83 of the season.  I mean, come on.

I put a lot of this game on Brad. Zeller is in the first 8 of the game???  Jerebko gets DNP 1st half then gets second sub of 2nd half???

Brad has to be clear to his best players and his starting 5 - there is no magic.  Get it done or go home.

« Reply #684 on: April 16, 2017, 10:09:45 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Not when IT overcomes it himself. He did what the team was unable to do. For Nothing.

I disagree the whole team was off because of that.  There was no energy after the first 6 minutes of the game.

« Reply #685 on: April 16, 2017, 10:10:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

The Truth ......team let iT down .

Hope he goes to Seattle,  like he should have done ,  the team doesn't deserve him. 

« Reply #686 on: April 16, 2017, 10:11:03 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

1. Engineered a champion
2. Pulled off one of the greatest trades in NBA history to disband said champion

You know what? After looking at that resume, I see why you guys are so disgruntled. I think we should hire a real winner like Billy King, Phil Jackson, Rob Henigan, Ryan McDonough, etc. You know, all of those guys that are outperforming Ainge.

And I'm glad you'll be a living witness to the fact that his perturbed decisions has turned those "positive" things on their heads. 

It's like that quote about religion by Mark Twain, "Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”

Danny got lucky.  Most of his "great deals" were, for the most part, luck.  Nothing else.

Makes sense. Unlike other GM's, Danny just gets lucky constantly. Acquisitions of Ray Allen, KG, Rondo, Jae Crowder, and Isaiah Thomas were all luck. His smaller moves, like acquiring the pick used to acquire IT in a salary dump was pure luck.

Remove 2008 and you'd see everything else clearly.  Since then his best move was acquiring Brad Stevens.  That was brilliant.

Other than that, I can't give him any credit.  Crowder turned out great.  Danny was going to trade him.  He was just collecting pieces.  I'd say the same for Isaiah.  Even though he has loved Isaiah from the start, he didn't pick Isaiah when he had the chance.  Isaiah was on the bench in Boston when he got here, he wasn't a starter.  All of that is saying the same thing...collecting pieces.

All of that is futile when you are too dumb to capitalize when opportunity for big moves present themselves.  You can cry all you want about great small moves he's made, he is yet to turn any of it into a big move.  Small moves don't win you championships, big moves does.  Bunch of role players and inconsistent bench players don't win you championships but trading for legit and proven players.

Danny sucks.  Soon enough that veil will  be removed from all of your faces.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #687 on: April 16, 2017, 10:14:15 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

That's the problem, though.  IT is the only one (outside of AB) that showed up tonight.  That's unacceptable in general, and given the personal circumstances, exponentially worse.  I lost a lot of respect for this team tonight.  I didn't care whether they won or lost, but I expected them to play harder than I've seen them play all season for Isaiah.  He's the only reason they're relevant, and for him to show up under that level of distress only to be let down by his teammates... unacceptable.  I don't care to watch the rest of the series, to be honest.

Am I the only person that feels this way?  Can't be the case...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #688 on: April 16, 2017, 10:17:32 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

1. Engineered a champion

Remove 2008 and you'd see everything else clearly.  Since then his best move was acquiring Brad Stevens.  That was brilliant.

Other than that, I can't give him any credit.  Crowder turned out great.  Danny was going to trade him.  He was just collecting pieces.  I'd say the same for Isaiah.  Even though he has loved Isaiah from the start, he didn't pick Isaiah when he had the chance.  Isaiah was on the bench in Boston when he got here, he wasn't a starter.  All of that is saying the same thing...collecting pieces.

All of that is futile when you are too dumb to capitalize when opportunity for big moves present themselves.  You can cry all you want about great small moves he's made, he is yet to turn any of it into a big move.  Small moves don't win you championships, big moves does.  Bunch of role players and inconsistent bench players don't win you championships but trading for legit and proven players.

Danny sucks.  Soon enough that veil will  be removed from all of your faces.

You have convinced me. You're extremely persuasive.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #689 on: April 16, 2017, 10:19:15 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Am I the only person that feels this way?  Can't be the case...

I somewhat agree. I understand why they'd all be a bit shaken, but ultimately, I expected the non-IT players to step up; they didn't.

DKC Clippers