Author Topic: Best draft options : Top 4  (Read 6866 times)

Re: Best draft options : Top 4
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 05:41:22 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Fultz. Best prospect since LeBron

Better than Durant, Davis, KAT?

If this was true Id imagine Washington would have had a much better record this year

Averaging 23 points 5.7 rebounds and 5.9 assists on a team whose second best player is David Crisp. When it comes down to it, Basketball is a team game and one guy can only dominate so much when all 5 players on the other team are focused on stopping him. The dude basically played 1v5 and played within a coach's' system that did not benifit him in the slightest. I think if you switch Ball and Fultz, UCLA wins the title and Washington wins 4 games.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 12:38:02 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
3 Jackson : No need for Butler
Star potential. Fits into the team mantra of aggressive perimeter defense. Perfect Ainge type pick

2 Tatum : No need for Hayward
Superstar potential. Solves the same issue as Flutz but from the wing positio

Most every draft thing I can get my hands on, says the exact opposite that Jackson has the most potential in this draft.  What in heavens name did you base the star the superstar on?  You went to Duke perhaps?

Lol! I wish.
In heavens name? It's pretty simple. First everyone has his own opinion on why they think a player might be a star those kids are among the best of the draft so they do have that "potential".
Now what I value to make it to superstar status is being able to create your own offense, create separation and knock down your jump shoot. that gets you far. Tatum has it, Jackson not really... Hence my opinion. You are more than welcome to have your own opinion as well off course.

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 12:51:14 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Jackson
Fultz
Tatum
Fox

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 01:38:46 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Fultz
Jackson
Tatum
Ball

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 02:01:21 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Fultz (a Westbrook type player without the FREAKISH athleticism)
Ball (best PG since Kidd)
Jackson (taller version of Jimmy Butler)
Tatum (not sure what to make of him. Has games where he is STUD material and then goes 4 for 12 from the field the next and he turns the ball over quite a bit. Did finish the year strong tho.)

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 02:07:52 PM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
Fultz
Jackson
Tatum
Ball

I think I'll maintain Fultz at #1.  Seems like a sure-fire stud scorer with no huge flaws.  I could see myself flip-flopping on Jackson and Tatum throughout the next month.  Those two are close.  I like Jackson's Paul George/Kawhi potential, but I like Tatum a lot too, and I'm interested to see his combine measurements as he looks huge to me.  Ball too talented to drop below 4.  His passing is special.

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 02:28:28 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Fultz game reminds me of Derozan with a better court vision and a deadly three ball. He is methodical in dissecting what the defense gives him and can get to his spot almost at will.
Im crossing my fingers we get the first pick this time round...no question Fultz is the man.

Tatum has the potential to be a Joe Johnson type player. So im really on the fence here whether to grab him or Jackson second or third...but 4th pick for me is not an option. Id trade that in a heartbeat for immediate help and if it brings back a star.

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 02:29:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Fultz ....the more interviews and so forth I see , confirms he is the #1 pick .....and I think even the Lakers won't pass on Fultz for Ball. I feel like this is he way Celtics FO goes as of today. Plus IT vouches for him.

I like Jackson as a second pick ,  But ,  depending on personal meetings and workout with staff ,  I'm not positive who CBS might windup  favoring   They might decide Ball or Tatum is their guy .

I guess Ball would be my #3 ....unless I see and hear whining and moaning out of his camp about being drafted to Celtics then. Would not have him as a gift.   I find this talk childish and a turnoff .  If he works out with a positive attitude in front of Danny .....he might go higher with Celtics.

Tatum 4 th

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 03:23:23 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
For Suns:
Fultz
Jackson
Tatum
Ball

For Celts:
Fultz
Tatum
Jackson
Ball

honorable mention: Fox (he may outdo Ball one day in total impact...will be a good rivalry).

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 03:44:54 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Jackson
Fultz
Tatum
Fox

I like Fultz over Jackson, but I agree with Tatum and Fox. I think Tatum could be Pierce and Fox could be Rondo. I'm hoping Fultz resembles DWade/Lillard. I think Jackson's upside is Kawhi.

I'm not sold on Lonzo. I'm hoping he gets picked by LA.

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 03:53:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If no Fultz, give me Jackson or Tatum, whichever the team deems best.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2017, 05:11:38 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
22 Days til the Draft Lottery.

8)
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 05:13:43 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

What do you think about Ball as a propsect? I like Tatum and Jackson as well. Worried about Jackson's offense. And I'm worried Tatum could be Tobias Harris 2.0.

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 10:01:12 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

What do you think about Ball as a propsect? I like Tatum and Jackson as well. Worried about Jackson's offense. And I'm worried Tatum could be Tobias Harris 2.0.

Im not sure about Ball's ability to create in the HC. I havent seen that at all. His lack of mid range really scares me thus I have him 4th behind Tatum and Jackson.

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2017, 05:26:09 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Lack of respect for Ball on this site makes me question the talent evaluating abilities of many that post here. Ball is the real deal with Jason Kidd upside only with a three point shot already developed. He will be a triple double threat every night once he acclimates himself to the NBA game and out of all the prospects, he might be the one that acclimates his game fastest. Why? Because his BBIQ is of the chart.

I really believe Ball is top two minimum and might be #1 on a whole bunch of teams draft boards by the time the draft rolls around.