Poll

Would you trade this year's Brooklyn pick, plus other potential minor assets, for Porzingis?

Yes
48 (80%)
No
12 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Report: KP skips exit interviews due to Knicks dysfunction; trade BRK pick 4 KP?  (Read 6640 times)

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'd trade 3 non Brooklyn firsts, Zizic and Rozier for him.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
100% I'd trade the Nets pick this year. Along with anyone not named Thomas, Bradley, Smart (although I'd honestly do Nets pick and Smart for KP). Crowder, Horford, and Brown. And Zizic because I am buying him being the Cs backup center for years to come. And 'Nets 2018 pick'. That stays too. But yeah even if it's number 1 I'd rather have KP than Fultz.

I'd do this year's Nets pick, even it it the #1 as well. We would absolutely have to add something, though. No way Phil moves Porzingis for just the pick.

I think this kid would thrive for Boston. The Celtics have a rock solid franchise from the top down. Wyc got it right. Ainge is shrewd as it gets. Stevens is a brilliant young coach. The roster is stocked with team first guys. Playing next to an unselfish big like Horford is a great situation for Porzingis.

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'd give up this year's Brooklyn pick and more, but he's not going to be traded.  He's going to suffer for years to come on a dysfunctional team led by a guy who is too lazy and has too big of an ego to be running a team.

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I'd do Brooklyn pick and Avery Bradley.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Q: Who is more replaceable, a 21-year old 7'3" center with small forward skills and elite defensive potential, or an aged and seemingly indifferent executive who's done little other than alienate his team's best players while forcing an antiquated and inappropriate offensive system on them?

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'd trade any pick for KP, I don't think there's a superstar in this draft, just a lot of all stars

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I'd do it, even if it's number one after the lottery.

My best offer: Brooklyn 17, Boston 18, Rozier, Jackson, Mickey. Some of you may argue that Jackson and Mickey have zero value. Well, it may be for us. But the Knicks are playing young players for at least two more years and can find any of them useful in cost-controlled contracts.

Anyway, the Knicks are not trading Porzingis.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'd do Brooklyn pick and Avery Bradley.

I d let Bradley fly too ....KO , Rozier and Young trio or Bradley and the Lottery pick.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Q: Who is more replaceable, a 21-year old 7'3" center with small forward skills and elite defensive potential, or an aged and seemingly indifferent executive who's done little other than alienate his team's best players while forcing an antiquated and inappropriate offensive system on them?
This is true but they just renewed Jackson's option for two more years a few days ago.  The team is so dysfunctional from Dolan to Jackson to the system they have the coach implementing, but they would still have to realize that building around KP is their best option, I would think.  I think telling Anthony he's better off elsewhere is a sign of that.

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I throw in KO , Rozier plus Nets pick ....for KP

In a New York sec.   ;)

I get scared in trades like this .....teams want Zizic as a throw in ...... which stinks .

Absolutely. Id throw KO in, just if they'd pick up the phone.

Danny: So are you interested Phil?

Phil: No

Danny: Well, Kelly is yours then. Thanks!!!!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Maybe I'm just remembering or interpreting all this wrong, but how come so far in this thread (poll currently at 80.6% yes) people are so pro-Porzingis, willing to trade the Brooklyn pick and more, but in similar threads about Jokic, it seemed like many don't think he's worth as much.

I think Jokic is better than Porzingis.  At least they should be in the same conversation.  Same age, but Jokic is the more efficient scorer and a much better rebounder and passer, while Porzingis is a much better shot blocker.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Question: IF the Knicks "blackmailed" us and said, "hey, we'll trade you KP for the big package, IF you also take back Melo and his contract in the deal".

Do you say yes? I honestly would.

Melo becomes our #2 scorer and we also nab KP and his rookie contract.

Would be a high price but NYK also gets rid of Melo in that case for good value.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
When I heard Dolan picked up Phil's 2 years, my wife and I went out for dinner to celebrate!

I got the Yankee Pot Roast cooked well done.
ok fine

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
The Brooklyn pick for Porzingis and the New York lotto pick. That is where I would start.
Banner 18 please 😍

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Yes but there's absolutely no way the Knicks would.  He's the new face of their team.