Author Topic: Jackson confirms the Knicks will try and trade Melo  (Read 7704 times)

Jackson confirms the Knicks will try and trade Melo
« on: April 14, 2017, 04:10:55 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Jesus... what are they doing in the Big Apple. Here's a link to the Real GM article:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245621/Phil-Jackson-Confirms-Knicks-Will-Try-To-Trade-Carmelo-Anthony

"We've not been able to win with him on the court," said Jackson. "I think the direction with our team is that (Carmelo) would be better off somewhere else."

Also, here's Melos' response on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BS4OGuFDBpM/

Re: Jackson confirms the Knicks will try and trade Melo
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 04:15:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Watch danny trade the nets pick for Melo.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 04:16:52 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I have a tumultuous relationship with the idea of trading for Melo, i.e. I love Olympics Melo and have soured on pouty Kincks Melo.

I still think he's an option if we strike out on Griffen and Hayward. His price is going to hit rock bottom now. Zero BKN picks needed.

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 04:20:58 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'll trade James Young and all our 2nd rounders for Melo  ;D

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 04:34:48 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Anthony has handled this with remarkable class.

Should be commended.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 04:40:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The salaries in a Melo trade will be hard to match and his price's going to be low. Look what the Kings got for Cousins. He'll probably only allow himself to traded to a contender and only if the contender doesn't give up too much, other wise they would no longer be a contender. What a mismanaged mess by Phil Jackson, really makes you appreciate the Nets trade even more! If such a thing is possible!

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 04:45:16 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
it seems to me the only way this works would be to trade Horford  (I like simple trades) plus maybe some lower value picks.  Horford and Porzingis wouldn't be too bad together.

Who's in?  Who thinks Carmelo for Horford makes us better?  You have to think of this as the team for the balance of the Thomas tenure and that it is likely that Thomas finds greener pastures (no pun intended) meaning essentially one season.

Then it is Carmelo's team for one more season with a bunch of young players.

Who would give the Knicks more than this (and actually be able to match salaries without gutting the team)?

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 04:49:27 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
The salaries in a Melo trade will be hard to match and his price's going to be low. Look what the Kings got for Cousins. He'll probably only allow himself to traded to a contender and only if the contender doesn't give up too much, other wise they would no longer be a contender. What a mismanaged mess by Phil Jackson, really makes you appreciate the Nets trade even more! If such a thing is possible!
I am a bit concerned he goes to brooklyn to stay in New York.

Id take him if Griffin etc dont come through.

He is a good rebounder and underrated passer and more than provides the secondary scoring option next to Isaiah.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 04:50:01 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
it seems to me the only way this works would be to trade Horford  (I like simple trades) plus maybe some lower value picks.  Horford and Porzingis wouldn't be too bad together.

Who's in?  Who thinks Carmelo for Horford makes us better?  You have to think of this as the team for the balance of the Thomas tenure and that it is likely that Thomas finds greener pastures (no pun intended) meaning essentially one season.

Then it is Carmelo's team for one more season with a bunch of young players.

Who would give the Knicks more than this (and actually be able to match salaries without gutting the team)?
thats a huge overpay. Melo will be traded for pennies.

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 04:52:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I am a bit concerned he goes to brooklyn to stay in New York.

Id take him if Griffin etc dont come through.

He is a good rebounder and underrated passer and more than provides the secondary scoring option next to Isaiah.

If Melo doesn't care about going to a contender, Brooklyn makes sense for him.

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 04:56:29 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
his price has now got to be dirt cheap. really think we should go for him. hes a true superstar and hes hungry to win. in our system i think it could really work.

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 04:57:06 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Anthony has handled this with remarkable class.

Should be commended.

This is the surprising part. With all his "warn a brother" tattoos and "stop snitching" bull, he really has handled all this like a gentleman. I mean Phil is right, but it must hard for Carmelo when the GM tries all his best to run him out of his hometown. Kudos to Melo.

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 05:12:47 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Want NO part of Melo...Maybe a 3 way, where Love is traded here...but that's if all other options fall through.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 05:24:32 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
There is a reason why Phil so desperatly want to part with him...
Just NO

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2017, 06:00:23 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Definitely do not want Melo.  Hard to see the Knicks getting much (maybe a mid 1st rounder)especially with him having a no-trade clause.  I could see him going to the Bulls or the Nets.