Author Topic: nader wins d league rookie of year  (Read 4435 times)

Re: nader wins d league rookie of year
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 01:21:15 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33

Good news and congrats. Not bad for 55. In spite of the ostensibly long odds, I've got a good feeling about this kid. He appears to be defying those odds, laughing in the face of them actually. Good for him.

Many thanks to Rollie for all the timely and ongoing updates on D-League, Summer League and international ball. Terrific stuff.

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 01:41:36 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Nader was presented with a golden basketball for the award at yesterday's playoff game against the Raptors.

Unfortunately the Claws played like garbage and got rolled, it was a ####show.

I was at the game, was not a happy place, not only were the Claws awful, but it was 90+ degrees inside the Portland Expo.

We were in a daze by the time we left. Then we watched the Celtics game and the day got worse.

Terrible day for C's basketball all around.

:P :P :P :P :P

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2017, 02:03:26 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Nader not making the team this year was all about Danny trying to save a few bucks, and a roster spot for some vets so he'd have chips to deal with at the deadline(yeah, that really worked out!).
The kid will be in the NBA next year---promise!  If C's do him wrong again, he'll be gone and a great bit of good luck for some other team!  Kid's got real talent.  Won't let Ainge blow him off again!  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge had given him a promise for a roster spot next year for taking one for the team and wasting a year in the DLeague.  Danny loves to have his cake and eat it too!