Author Topic: nader wins d league rookie of year  (Read 4436 times)

Re: nader wins d league rookie of year
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 12:29:12 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This increases his trade value. Ill take it. Can't ask for more as a young 55th pick

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 01:50:10 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Could a franchise be setup any better than this. I like Nader, I'd like to keep him and let him replace Jerebko next year.

-#1 seed
-potential #1 pick
-cap room
-2 stashed players
-1 DL ROY

If for some reason Rozier is dealt, I think Jackson could step in to that spot.

Congrats Ainge...continue to be patient. Think long, think wrong. Trust your eyes and your scouts.

I agree, but Ainge has made some mistakes, as anyone would, nobody can be flawless at drafting. James Young is a bust, and Rozier looks like he is one too

Still don't think James Young is a bust, but we'll see what happens when it comes down to keeping him. I actually think he'll sign a team friendly deal, to prove his worth, and I think Ainge would be wise to do so.
Yeah I think he has more fire and dedication than people give him credit for and I think he'll eventually be a nice role player or even more than that (he's still 21)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 08:52:19 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Could a franchise be setup any better than this. I like Nader, I'd like to keep him and let him replace Jerebko next year.

I like Nader but really don't see him as a replacement for Jerebko. Jerebko gives best value at the 4, on both ends, Nader is  3 - a better ball handler, with a better offensive ceiling than Jerebko - but not someone who is going to guard 4s or bang with bigs. I think Nader's defense is an open question...Nader could take the Gerald Green/ James Young roster spot
+1 Nader should be a 12 man next year. Replace Green

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 09:08:02 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Here's the list of previous D-League ROYs. We're not exactly looking at an all-star team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Development_League_Rookie_of_the_Year_Award

Mike
Yikes! Not great, Bob.

Still, this is better than him not being rookie of the year, right?
It would be better if he was good enough to not have to spend a full year in the d-league.

It would be even better if the 58th overall pick could come in and average 30 ppg but that's not likely to happen either. It's all about realistic expectations.

I doubt Nader is ever a significant option for us. He'll be 24 when the season starts next year. But still, it's nice to see him have some success and his rounded game may end up making him a contributor off the bench.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 09:12:02 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Here's the list of previous D-League ROYs. We're not exactly looking at an all-star team.

Mike

It's not great, but I'd be thrilled if we got a Covington or Frazier level performance out of Nader. Would be well worth the 58th pick.

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 09:39:51 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
if he consistently hits threes ,he has the ability to beat closeouts or slash and has elite finishing skill either hand  couple with a elite 7-1.5 wingspan
he has a deceptive first step and good frame--
 a consistent bench player everybody needs those in a long season
he has been a point forward most of season-dwight powell like or chris babb with length

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2017, 10:43:00 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82

Mike
Yikes! Not great, Bob.

It would be better if he was good enough to not have to spend a full year in the d-league.

It would be even better if the 58th overall pick could come in and average 30 ppg but that's not likely to happen either. It's all about realistic expectations.

I doubt Nader is ever a significant option for us. He'll be 24 when the season starts next year. But still, it's nice to see him have some success and his rounded game may end up making him a contributor off the bench.

Malcolm Brogdon is one year older than Nader. I don't think we'd poo-poo an opportunity to have a potential Brogdon-level rookie on the team despite being 24.

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2017, 01:19:10 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Mike
Yikes! Not great, Bob.

Malcolm Brogdon is one year older than Nader. I don't think we'd poo-poo an opportunity to have a potential Brogdon-level rookie on the team despite being 24.

IF Nader could come in and be a solid bench player, I'd be super happy with that. He'd be on the cheap, and know the system with out a learning curve.

I could see DA going after possibly PG-13 with picks and players, and if he opens enough cap, Hayward, and then fill the rest of the roster with NAder,Yabu and Ziric.

But he could also us Nader,Yabu and Ziric for a trade, DA is in a good spot, it's just a matter of keeping picks and who we have and rolling with it, or trade the rest of our young guys out side of Brown and Smart for a couple prime players.

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2017, 02:40:05 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Yawn................................

Lazy, condescending, and negative?

Yep, it's a post by flybono!

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2017, 02:41:54 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
if he consistently hits threes ,he has the ability to beat closeouts or slash and has elite finishing skill either hand  couple with a elite 7-1.5 wingspan
he has a deceptive first step and good frame--
 a consistent bench player everybody needs those in a long season
he has been a point forward most of season-dwight powell like or chris babb with length

Nader really does have an ideal NBA body.

Might just be a late bloomer.

If he can hit 3's and defend he has a place in the NBA.

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 05:53:23 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Mike
Its better than I thought it would be.  At least a few of those guys went on to play in the NBA for a few years.  That's better than nothing I guess.

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2017, 06:39:34 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
See ya James bum

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2017, 09:57:48 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Looks like a logjam at the 3 with Crowder, Brown, Nader and any 3 they might target as a FA.

Ainge is going to be very busy off season sorting this out. He needs another big man who can get the ball as well as another scorer.

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2017, 07:15:19 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
obviously this is the d-league so the award has to be taken with a pinch of salt

having said this, Nader has grown on me the last few months, would be fun to watch if he gets mins with the Celtics next year

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2017, 12:10:05 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Congrats to Nader on his accomplishments!

Hopefully he continues to grow and take the next step.

Not a lot of D-leaguers can make it up to the big show.

But at least he is physically equipped with solid length and size.

I'm guessing if he ends up a rotation player we'd be happy with that contribution.

But the real question is -- what big move will DA make after the lottery balls fall?