Author Topic: We are going to be dissapointed  (Read 3520 times)

Re: We are going to be dissapointed
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 08:14:44 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I'm disappointed in your spelling.

Hilarious! TP

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2017, 08:40:43 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
3 guys who all need the ball in their hands to be most effective...only one basketball and no Taj.....

There are many reasons why the Cs are huge betting favorites to win this series despite some dopey, smartass pundits who think it's cool to dump on our Cs and pick the Bulls. I'd love to see them put their $$$ where their mouth is.....they won't, even though they would get great odds.

Here's one of the dopes with the big mouth here: Dieter Kurtenbach?!?!?!?! of Fox sports (never heard of him, and probably never will again)

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/the-celtics-are-the-worst-no-1-seed-in-nba-history-041317

This is what that dope wrote:

In fact, don't be shocked if the Bulls win the seven-game series with the Celtics.

Because while Boston might be the No. 1 seed in the East this year, they're the worst top seed in the history of the NBA.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:46:15 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2017, 09:44:25 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
We know all of rondos weaknesses. Let him shoot the 3. Clog  his passing lanes. Don't fall for his fake passes. Shoot when he guards you cuz he sags off half the time

46.3% from 3 since the All Star Break (and no, that's not a typo).  This isn't the same player that he was 5 years ago. Leaving him open behind the arc would be a mistake.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2017, 09:56:03 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I will clarify, I think we will most likely still win, but I think our defense is truly pathetic. We allow even the most challenged teams score on and score a lot and at will.

I think the game will slow down in the playoffs somewhat, BUT that will only hurt us, that can only hurt us. I don't think it hurts the bulls as much.

If we suck on defense which we seem to have this year, and the Bulls shoot a decent percentage from 3, I think we may have some depressing moments in this series.

Flashback to ATLANTA just this past couple weeks.

Not to be reductionist, but in life we will all be disappointed.

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2017, 11:06:03 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
I think the Celtics will pack the lane and force the Bulls to shoot. We all want Rondo to shoot.

Don't give up too many drives to DWade.

I don't believe they have much of a frontline so we need to take the ball to the basket and not settle on 3s. Let's live at the FT line.

Rondo has become a ten times better three point shooter than Marcus Smart. I am not even kidding you. Pay attention, he shot 51 percent for a whole month.

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2017, 11:45:28 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I think the Celtics will pack the lane and force the Bulls to shoot. We all want Rondo to shoot.

Don't give up too many drives to DWade.

I don't believe they have much of a frontline so we need to take the ball to the basket and not settle on 3s. Let's live at the FT line.

Rondo has become a ten times better three point shooter than Marcus Smart. I am not even kidding you. Pay attention, he shot 51 percent for a whole month.

Rondo is one player I wouldnt mind IT guards. Just dont give Rondo space.

A bit weird you chose to reply on that miniscule detail instead of the numerous rebuttals to your idea.

The idea that the no. 28 team in three point shooting is gonna shoot lights out against one of the top 3 pt defending team is absolutely ridiculous. In a game, sure. Over the course of a series? highly doubtful.

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2017, 11:59:23 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
3 guys who all need the ball in their hands to be most effective...only one basketball and no Taj.....

There are many reasons why the Cs are huge betting favorites to win this series despite some dopey, smartass pundits who think it's cool to dump on our Cs and pick the Bulls. I'd love to see them put their $$$ where their mouth is.....they won't, even though they would get great odds.

Here's one of the dopes with the big mouth here: Dieter Kurtenbach?!?!?!?! of Fox sports (never heard of him, and probably never will again)

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/the-celtics-are-the-worst-no-1-seed-in-nba-history-041317

In fact, don't be shocked if the Bulls win the seven-game series with the Celtics.

Because while Boston might be the No. 1 seed in the East this year, they're the worst top seed in the history of the NBA.
I hope Brad or the staff throws this article on a bulletin board. Perfect. This team is best as an underdog. I can't wait for Sunday let's Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. these naysayers up. 
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2017, 12:19:05 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I hope Brad or the staff throws this article on a bulletin board. Perfect. This team is best as an underdog. I can't wait for Sunday let's **** these naysayers up.

I said exactly the same thing in this thread yesterday
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=90167.msg2281268#msg2281268

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2017, 01:01:46 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
This is almost the same team from last year (subtract Jared Sullinger and Evan Turner), except you add Al Horford and Jaylen Brown into it.
And hope Avery Bradley is healthy.

If those three players click, along with the core of the Celtics squad...I have the Celtics winning this series.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2017, 01:12:10 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I hope Brad or the staff throws this article on a bulletin board. Perfect. This team is best as an underdog. I can't wait for Sunday let's **** these naysayers up.

I said exactly the same thing in this thread yesterday
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=90167.msg2281268#msg2281268
Pretty sure there were a lot of worse 1st seeds than this Celtics team in the history of the nba, anyways I hope the Celtics get fired up if they happen to stumble across the "article" (calling it an article is quite an insult to the term article itself)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2017, 02:19:35 PM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
A bet. I bet a very valuable and precious tp that the Celtics win the series.

Cheer up. The point here is to enjoy life and the Celtics. With an approach such as yours there is no winning for a fan. even when the team wins such a fan is already sour and only waits for the next loss without enjoying the win.

Life is short, the playoffs are fun.  ;D

This deserves a very valuable and precious TP!

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 12:37:48 AM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
Of course I failed to mention rebounding lol

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 10:21:32 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
Of course

disappointment

bulls 9-24 from 3

Celtics 9-30

These guys are too tall for our midgets

Smart plays his ass off on defense and does very well, Bradley doesn't anymore, IT is lost almost 100% of the time