Author Topic: playoff rondo  (Read 2016 times)

playoff rondo
« on: April 13, 2017, 09:48:50 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
anyone concerned, or do we just look forward to winner of ATL WASH...Looks like those two gonna beat each other up pretty good.

Re: playoff rondo
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 09:50:27 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I am.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 09:53:54 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I am concerned as well.

But as much as I love Rajon as a former Celtics great this BOS team will be ready for him AND the Bulls.

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 10:37:20 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Man, Rondo is a beast come playoffs.  With D-Wade and Butler stepping up their games, this may not be the cake walk everyone's thinking it'll be.

But I know how dangerous the C's can be if they come to play.  If we play defense like we know how and go hard like I know we could, we can shut down anybody. 

Fingers crossed...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:50:27 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 12:05:58 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I think playoff rondo is a real thing but teams were really sagging off him, leaving him with wide open driving lanes and 3s. He doesn't have pierce kg and ray allen to space out the court for him anymore. Lets see what happens

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MM53FNY-1ek

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 08:31:53 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Washed up Rondo.

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 09:00:37 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Not too much.  Let's not forget that its 2017, not 2012 now.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 09:27:50 AM »

Offline TheSlipperyWhistle

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Playoff Rondo = Mavericks Rondo.

Now if the title of the thread were "Are you worried about Old Man Wade in the playoffs?"

I might say yes, Good Old Creaky Knees might show up for a game or two.

Thing is, he doesn't get the Lebron calls anymore, because he is Grandpa Wade now. No longer part of the NBA's elite Hierarchy. (Though he is still a great player and I am just poking a little fun)

But Rondo? No I am not worried about Rajon Rondo taking over a game, FFS he could barely keep the reigns on the starting job this year.

The season stats against Chicago don't lie. The only two stats they beat us in were rebounding and 2nd chance points. They traded Gibson away, he was a big part of that.

I said it when the matchups were still being decided: The Celtics will NOT lose to the Bulls, Pacers, or Heat in these playoffs.

I am already 1/3 right. They will NOT lose to the HEAT.

Who is Rajon Rondo again?

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 10:26:40 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Playoff Rondo is true but not scaring anymore, not after his injury and his aging
remember him with the Mavs...

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 11:27:14 AM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
I think playoff wade is about to break rondo's arm.
Wait... ::)

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 11:29:15 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I think he'll come out with a point to prove but I don't think it alters the outcome of the series. I think he has more impact than Wade though, he's done, cooked.

I expect the biggest surprise to be how well the Cs do though. I think our guys are waiting to show the rest of the league that you can't sleep on these guys. They're out to prove that the number 1 seed wasn't a fluke

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 11:32:14 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I think playoff wade is about to break rondo's arm.
Wait... ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Wade took out the wrong PG

jokes aside, i think this will be a good series, brings back memories of 2009, except Rondo is now on the opposite team. 2009 Rondo in that series was a freakin beast...averaging a triple double in the playoffs. I think this series might be tougher than we would like, I love this years Celtics but I am still going with going out of the first round with potential to reach the conference finals. This team still has lots to prove to all the critics and until they get out of the first round, people will probably expect us to struggle early on with the Bulls

though for one thing, I am glad Taj Gibson isn't on the Bulls anymore.

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 12:05:54 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
There is no way Wade allows Rondo to shine enough to take the spotlight off of him. This has been a team lacking chemistry all season long. In fact the best they played is when Wade was hurt.

Rondo will be OK...there'll be flashes of the past, but mostly I'll be Mavs Rondo.

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 12:08:53 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I am plenty worried but Rondo is very low on my list.  Rondo will be an easy cover for Thomas.  He can just slide under all screens and let him dribble around.  I have far more concern with Wade and Butler.  They have the potential to be the best two players on the court.  We will lay off Rondo and dare him to shoot.   I don't think Chicago can win on Rondo's shooting but anyone, even Rondo can get hot and defy the odds.

I think Thomas will play well.  Chicago will position a big at the basket to disrupt his drives but Thomas has been much better this season at recognizing and moving the ball to the open spot on the floor.  It is helpful that Bradley is back up to speed.  He moves well without the ball and will hit the shots when he gets them.  Thomas will need to pick and choose his moments for his own scoring.

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2017, 12:24:28 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
As I mentioned in another thread, I think Chicago's only realistic chance to win this series is to expand Rondo's role and hope he plays like it's 2012 again. I still think we win that series, but it probably goes 7 in that case. If he doesn't play at that level, then we it in 5.

Regardless of what some people on here say, I'll always remember Rondo fondly - one of the toughest players to ever wear green, and he had a phenomenal career in Boston.

What I'd love to see is Boston win this series in 5, and with Game 5 in hand in the closing minutes, Chicago takes out Rondo and the Boston crowd gives him a standing ovation.