Author Topic: Any interest in Drummond?  (Read 2781 times)

Re: Any interest in Drummond?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 07:40:54 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I think Drummond would be a great acquisition.

Will NEVER happen......not a Stevens' type player.

Agree .  He is old school 70's Celtic  player .  Tommy s kinda guy and mine too.

Still he would be incredibly useful in some games ........

Like one day we are going to have to deal with Davis , Townes ,Embiid , Cousins on contender teams .......having Drummond would be nice to offset their size.

... and get blown by quickness?
I used to like Drummond a lot. But not anymore.

@all who think Drummond is a fit for the Celtics.
Who are the dominant bigs nowadays? Howard/Drummond or Davis/Jokic?
Are you still living in the past and don't believe your own eyes?

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2017, 07:57:11 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He's not particularly good at basketball.

Yeah, his rebound numbers are terrible!   JK

He is not a skilled big man but he is an elite rebounder at  13.8 RPG.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/6585/andre-drummond
Yeah, but as Boris pointed out, his team rebounds worse when he's on the court.  I would have liked him 6 years ago, and maybe even a couple years ago when it appeared that he was going to continue improving.  His advanced stats are pretty bad and Van Gundy has been unhappy that he tends to hang close to the rim rather than chasing guys around on defense like he has been trying to get him to do.  Like LGC88 said, he's just a very poor match for the new big guys like Jokic and Davis.

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2017, 09:32:14 AM »

Offline TheSlipperyWhistle

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Back when we were trying to dump Rondo, I think a Rondo for Drummond swap was in play initially. Rondo's value declined bigly, and thus we missed out. Back then I would have been a fan of this trade. But just in the past 5 years, the NBA has changed so very much. Drummonds game is still good, but it just doesn't fit with what is working these days. He cant shoot. If you cant shoot in this league, you are pretty much irrelevant. Boogie saw it coming, learned to shoot. Drummond still cant hit a free throw FFS. For the right price, sure. For what Detroit will ask? Absolutely not.

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 11:01:37 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't think the Celtics can win a championship without a major rebounder up front. They never have.

My feeling is Stevens is going to have to learn how to accommodate an inside force in his methodology if the Celtics are going to go higher.

Whether it's Drummond or somebody else is up to Ainge.

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 11:15:39 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
We need a guy who can rebound and defend but who also doesn't overly offend Brad's system. 

We need Zizic to be Gobert or Jokic. 

And we need Yabusele to become a mix of Boris Diaw and a jump shooting Ed Pinckney...   :laugh:

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 11:47:27 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I don't think the Celtics can win a championship without a major rebounder up front. They never have.

My feeling is Stevens is going to have to learn how to accommodate an inside force in his methodology if the Celtics are going to go higher.

Whether it's Drummond or somebody else is up to Ainge.

TP, Bobshot!

You and I have been beating this drum…for long time on this board.  It's too bad that Stevens doesn't march to that drumm(ond)er.

He still thinks that Butler -ball can win championships in the NBA. It can't. You can win that way  in the regular season, but to win championships  ....You need rebounders and rim protectors, not solely bigs who can spread the floor.

Sadly, Stevens  could have had it all with Demarcus cousins, but the Boogie man scared little Brad away. Time to put on the big-boy coaching pants, Brad.