Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)  (Read 77489 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)
« Reply #615 on: May 07, 2017, 08:31:05 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
The problem with the Jazz is they don't have any lockdown defender on the perimeter to contain Curry, Klay and Draymond or just their overall ball movement. If you successfully turn the Warrior's offense into KD iso, you have 75% chance of winning.

« Reply #616 on: May 07, 2017, 09:58:50 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Well, hopefully the Jazz get swept now in order to increase the chance of Hayward considering leaving.

Hayward scored 29 points even with Golden State hounding and defending him VERY WELL.

I'll admit, that's impressive.

Not enough to beat GSW though.

Would Hayward on this Celtics team be enough to dethrone Cleveland?

You'd still need an upgrade (a legit starter) at the 4 between Horford and Hayward, but I think it'd be close, depending upon what other moves we made.

Now on the other hand, I still hold that signing Griffin alone would put us right in the conversation with Cleveland, let alone the other additions we make.

I just think we need much more of an upgrade at that big position that signing Hayward is only as good as the improvement that we get at the 4.

I agree with needing an upgrade with the bigs to help Horford, but Griffin is iffy. He's been out the last two playoffs. Kinda like AB, great when he's on the floor, when he's not hurt and off it.

Hayward moves the needled, great ball handler, moves side to side, has every shot on the floor, and tough. Better defender than credit, maybe not as strong as Crowder, but moves his feet better.

Maybe C's and pull Ibaka for cheap away form Toronto, or send a pick and Young to NY for O'Quinn.

But with our picks we could have

IT/Smart/Rozeir
AB/Fultz
Hayward/Crowder/Brown
Ibaka or Quinn/Yabu
Hiordord/Zizic

Maybe KO? GReen? not sure how things would work with signing Hawyard.

But that bench, man, you'd have a great scoring and defensive bench. Even if its Jackson, it's still good. Stronger defensively, but man thats an athletic team on top of it.

WE'd have more of a hockey team, just roll out line after line, punch after punch. Could be fun. Hayward gives the starting and finishing unit an other guy who can get his own, and space the floor for IT.

« Reply #617 on: May 07, 2017, 10:06:49 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If GSW sweep the Jazz I think that pushes Hayward away. He wasn't happy with the last contract offer. And the Jazz will have a hard time adding better players. Too good for top ten picks, not good enough to attract FA's to put them over the top. He'd have to wait for Exum and Golbert to reach their potentials, and thats a couple years away.

They had a hard time with a limping Clips team. T-Wolves could be much better next season if they make a right move. Spurs are still the Spurs, Portland could be a surprise next season, Huston got tougher. And teams like Lakers,Kings,Nuggets,Suns,Pel, could all make jumps with good picks in the next couple years.

We're built for now and future.

« Reply #618 on: May 07, 2017, 11:07:51 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Dang, Kevin Durant is undefeated in the playoffs under a new uniform.
They looked pretty bad as a whole this last game though. Watch Cleveland spank them in the Finals.
Please no more with Cleveland. They can't lose enough for me.

I look at it a little differently.  While not the world's greatest Lebron fan, there is no way in heck that I want Durant to win a title with the Warriors.

The Jazz ain't stopping them, and not sure SAS/Houston can either...but if they reach the finals you can bet I'll be rooting for the Cavs all the way! :)

Rak

Pretty much this.

Meanwhile, on our end, wouldn't it be great if we could sign Hayward, and then also make a huge splash via trade? Something like the 2BKN picks + Crowder + filler for Melo and Porzingis. I mean, who knows, Knicks might bite because it's 2 top lottery picks, Crowder was the one that got away, and they get to unload Melo!

IT/Smart
Hayward/Bradley
Melo/Brown
Porzingis/Yabu
Horford/Zizic

- LilRip

« Reply #619 on: May 07, 2017, 03:04:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
No Lowry today. Could very well be his last game as a Raptor with how things have gone this year. Highly doubt Toronto can extend this series without him, which screws us once more.

« Reply #620 on: May 07, 2017, 06:07:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Toronto just fell out. No fight at all...

« Reply #621 on: May 07, 2017, 06:09:20 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Pathetic showing from Toronto. Cavs just cruised through this series. Their offense stinks.

« Reply #622 on: May 07, 2017, 06:12:45 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
More rest for the Bronnies
Yup

« Reply #623 on: May 07, 2017, 06:13:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Pathetic showing from Toronto. Cavs just cruised through this series. Their offense stinks.

Toronto went all in with deadline deals and got swept out in the 2nd round. They gave up draft picks and Lowery is a free agent and past his prime.

« Reply #624 on: May 07, 2017, 06:15:56 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I think the Cavs sweep the whole conference.

« Reply #625 on: May 07, 2017, 06:17:29 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Toronto went all in with deadline deals and got swept out in the 2nd round. They gave up draft picks and Lowery is a free agent and past his prime.

It sounds like the House Republicans with the HCA bill  ;D

« Reply #626 on: May 07, 2017, 06:20:38 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Naw, both Boston and Washington can give them much more competition and trouble. The Raptors are just fearful of the Cavs and have just never been a good playoff team.

Toronto literally played bad every game that series, though the last two at home without Lowry are a bit more understandable.

« Reply #627 on: May 07, 2017, 06:21:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

It sounds like the House Republicans with the HCA bill  ;D

Similar situations!  ;D

« Reply #628 on: May 07, 2017, 06:23:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Naw, both Boston and Washington can give them more competition and trouble. The Raptors are just fearful of the Cavs and have just never been a good playoff team.

Not true. Last years raptors team were decent
Losing biyombo, johnson plus lowry injury = sweep

Ibaka was pure mediocre in this series...

« Reply #629 on: May 07, 2017, 06:30:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Naw, both Boston and Washington can give them more competition and trouble. The Raptors are just fearful of the Cavs and have just never been a good playoff team.

Not true. Last years raptors team were decent
Losing biyombo, johnson plus lowry injury = sweep

Ibaka was pure mediocre in this series...

Ibaka looks like a vet minimum guy at this point...