Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)  (Read 77529 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)
« Reply #480 on: April 30, 2017, 06:08:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Deandre jordan is such a liability. Can't believe danny wanted him at 1 point. 4th quarter they just swat him and he misses his ft

« Reply #481 on: April 30, 2017, 06:09:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Doc isn't gone. He will be wanting to coach his kid

He's still the GM, right? He can give his son a long-term contract and then step down.

« Reply #482 on: April 30, 2017, 06:10:06 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Game over. Bye bye Clippers, hello Blake Griffin!

« Reply #483 on: April 30, 2017, 06:11:08 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The truth is out of the building

« Reply #484 on: April 30, 2017, 06:11:35 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Again, Great fit......Great Risk!!!

I'm going to Texas on Blake.

« Reply #485 on: April 30, 2017, 06:11:47 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Yes, please! That passing in the front court!
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #486 on: April 30, 2017, 06:13:03 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
The Warriors will likely steamroll the Jazz, but Utah is a pretty bad matchup for GSW.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #487 on: April 30, 2017, 06:13:39 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
remember that time Doc left for the better team and talent?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #488 on: April 30, 2017, 06:13:46 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
The Warriors will likely steamroll the Jazz, but Utah is a pretty bad matchup for GSW.

GS will spread their bigs out and destroy them.

« Reply #489 on: April 30, 2017, 06:17:24 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

GS will spread their bigs out and destroy them.

Yeah, Draymond or West at 5 neutralizes Gobert in a similar manner to Horford. However, a physical series at high altitude is far less desirable than a series against LAC. I think the Warriors pick up a bit more wear and tear in this series than they would've otherwise.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #490 on: May 01, 2017, 03:35:57 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Okay, so the analysts on the NBA Jump show just said that they either expect a sweep or a gentleman's sweep in the Raptors/Cavs series.

Really? How do others feel about that assessment? I know that I still was not impressed with the Cavs in the Pacers series, especially their lackluster D, even if it was a sweep. And I know that the Raptors have looked shaky at times this year.

However, theoretically, the Raptors have the perimeter and post pieces to give the Cavs D fits, but they also have at least the pieces to actually defend and make things difficult for the Cavs O.

I don't know. I'm not sure that this Raptors team is consistent enough to beat them, but I think they have the pieces to give them a lot of trouble. I can easily see a back and forth 7 game series between these teams.

« Reply #491 on: May 01, 2017, 04:05:49 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Okay, so the analysts on the NBA Jump show just said that they either expect a sweep or a gentleman's sweep in the Raptors/Cavs series.

Really? How do others feel about that assessment? I know that I still was not impressed with the Cavs in the Pacers series, especially their lackluster D, even if it was a sweep. And I know that the Raptors have looked shaky at times this year.

However, theoretically, the Raptors have the perimeter and post pieces to give the Cavs D fits, but they also have at least the pieces to actually defend and make things difficult for the Cavs O.

I don't know. I'm not sure that this Raptors team is consistent enough to beat them, but I think they have the pieces to give them a lot of trouble. I can easily see a back and forth 7 game series between these teams.

Pretty surprised by that. Not that whatever you're listening to is an actual good source material for understanding the game imo. Cavs should win in 5 or 6. You actually think this series can go in 7 though? It's amazing to me how you continue to disrespect the Cavs. They're going to sleepwalk to the Finals imo. Lebron will post up Smart and dunk on him like he did last time haha.

« Reply #492 on: May 01, 2017, 04:12:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Pretty surprised by that. Not that whatever you're listening to is an actual good source material for understanding the game imo. Cavs should win in 5 or 6. You actually think this series can go in 7 though? It's amazing to me how you continue to disrespect the Cavs. They're going to sleepwalk to the Finals imo. Lebron will post up Smart and dunk on him like he did last time haha.

I am a bit perplex by the idea that the Cavs will just steamroll the raptors. A few points to consider

Last year the series went 6 games without the Raptors having Ibaka or Tucker. The Raptors were starting Luis Scola in that series. I repeat the raptors were starting Luis Scola and still won 2 games.

The Cavs had a worse record the second half of the season than the Raptors despite the Raptors missing Lowry for most of it.

The Cavs may benefit from having a week off for the old legs, but they have poor frontcourt depth and 5 out of their top 8 players are over 30 with several approaching their mid 30's (williams, Korver, Jefferson)

Though the Cavs swept the Pacers, it was not like they steamrolled them. It was the smallest margin of defeat for a sweep in 20 years (16 points total!)

Irving has a banged up knee that seems to be really slowing him down.

The Cavs could obviously play well and hit all their 3's and dominate, but there are a lot of things that give you pause before assuming a 5 game Cavs victory.

« Reply #493 on: May 01, 2017, 04:18:24 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Raptors in 6. Stomp the queen!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #494 on: May 01, 2017, 04:30:06 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Raptors in 6. Stomp the queen!

I'd love to be the one to knock off the Cavs, but I wouldn't be mad to see the Raps do it either.