Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)  (Read 77517 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)
« Reply #390 on: April 26, 2017, 07:02:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Where does Blake end up next year?

I say Miami.

Aren't they on the hook for Bosh's salary until her officially retires?

Mike

I believe he is expected to get waived at the start of the offseason and insurance will cover the rest, but I do not have a link handy.

« Reply #391 on: April 26, 2017, 07:17:31 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

I say Miami.

I'd like to see Paul go to the Pelicans or the Spurs.

Do the Clips trade Deandre if the other two guys and Redick all leave?

Where does Redick end up? Cleveland?

I honestly think that if Griffin leaves the Clippers he'll come to Boston. We're pretty much a very, very ideal fit for him playing-wise, and with as much media exposure as IT has received this year, it shows Griffin that he can still have opportunities like that in Boston. Let's also not forget the reports of how impressed the Clippers players were of Pierce's reception in Boston this year. That was a big reason Al came, and I'm sure it holds positive for someone like Griffin, too.

Of course, this is all contingent on if we want him to begin with, which I think should be obvious, though you never know with Danny and Brad's connection with Hayward.

I can't imagine Hayward taking less money to leave a Jazz team that makes the second round of the playoffs.

Griffin coming to Boston is so perfect there's no way it will happen.

Mike
I've been long skeptical that Griffin will leave LA. I think he loves it there. But if he decides he wants to contend for a championship, his fit in Boston is, indeed, perfect.

Maybe Paul Pierce can be the Celtic whisperer and tell him how great it is. That would be worth a front office position.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #392 on: April 26, 2017, 07:36:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I say Miami.

I honestly think that if Griffin leaves the Clippers he'll come to Boston. We're pretty much a very, very ideal fit for him playing-wise, and with as much media exposure as IT has received this year, it shows Griffin that he can still have opportunities like that in Boston. Let's also not forget the reports of how impressed the Clippers players were of Pierce's reception in Boston this year. That was a big reason Al came, and I'm sure it holds positive for someone like Griffin, too.

Of course, this is all contingent on if we want him to begin with, which I think should be obvious, though you never know with Danny and Brad's connection with Hayward.

I can't imagine Hayward taking less money to leave a Jazz team that makes the second round of the playoffs.

Griffin coming to Boston is so perfect there's no way it will happen.

Mike
I've been long skeptical that Griffin will leave LA. I think he loves it there. But if he decides he wants to contend for a championship, his fit in Boston is, indeed, perfect.

Maybe Paul Pierce can be the Celtic whisperer and tell him how great it is. That would be worth a front office position.

Part of wonders if the Clippers will even want to give Blake a 5-year max tbh...

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #393 on: April 26, 2017, 07:57:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I say Miami.

As for Paul, I'm not sure that he leaves regardless of what happens. Didn't he help rig the new CBA to get himself more money or something this year in LA?

I'd love to see him in San Antonio, though. I'd love to be able to root for him once, but I just can't bring myself to do it with him in LA. I think you'd have to give SAN Antonio the edge over GS if he went there.

I think it'd be great if Paul and Redick both went to San Antonio somehow. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #394 on: April 26, 2017, 07:59:54 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I've been really impressed with Schroeder lately, especially in the playoffs. I think that's Rozier's potential if he pulls it all together. They're very similar physically and athletically, with a slight edge to Schroeder, but Schroeder's BBIQ and defense are much better than Rozier's right now.

« Reply #395 on: April 26, 2017, 08:01:12 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

I say Miami.

As for Paul, I'm not sure that he leaves regardless of what happens. Didn't he help rig the new CBA to get himself more money or something this year in LA?

I'd love to see him in San Antonio, though. I'd love to be able to root for him once, but I just can't bring myself to do it with him in LA. I think you'd have to give SAN Antonio the edge over GS if he went there.

I think it'd be great if Paul and Redick both went to San Antonio somehow.
Seeing Chris Paul under Pop's thumb would be very interesting. I think it'd be good for him, too. I don't know if SA could make that happen or not. But they definitely need a new starting PG.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #396 on: April 26, 2017, 08:07:36 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
4 point game 4th quarter in Washington.
Would love to see the wiZZARDS blow this series. A first round collapse would send that franchise into a real panic and identity crisis, could even prompt their front office to do something really stupid!

« Reply #397 on: April 26, 2017, 08:17:14 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
This Washington team is deep and talented.

I really don't want to have to face them.

« Reply #398 on: April 26, 2017, 08:19:06 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Boy is Millsap one tough SOB.

If We don't get Hayward, I really hope we get him in the off-season.

« Reply #399 on: April 26, 2017, 08:21:30 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Man, the way Millsap and Schroeder are playing right now, I'm not sure that Atlanta would be that much easier of a matchup than Washington. Schroeder can (and has) given IT problems before in the past, and for the most part we don't have a good individual defender against Millsap.

« Reply #400 on: April 26, 2017, 08:32:28 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Man, the way Millsap and Schroeder are playing right now, I'm not sure that Atlanta would be that much easier of a matchup than Washington. Schroeder can (and has) given IT problems before in the past, and for the most part we don't have a good individual defender against Millsap.

I hear ya!

Schroeder gets cuckoo jacked up against us all the time. Brazemore too.

What are we, 4-12 in our last 16 against them? Not sure of the exact number.

« Reply #401 on: April 27, 2017, 02:03:47 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Wizard looking to win game 3.

« Reply #402 on: April 27, 2017, 08:21:01 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
What exactly does Demare Carrol do for Toronto?  Do they even need him?

« Reply #403 on: April 27, 2017, 08:44:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Toronto looking much better lately. They could actually give the Cavs a run for their money with how bad the Cavs D has been. Toronto is a much better offensive team than Indiana, yet Indiana tore them up many times throughout the series.

« Reply #404 on: April 27, 2017, 08:49:49 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Game over for the bucks. Another blow out elimination loss for them.