Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)  (Read 77485 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)
« Reply #300 on: April 23, 2017, 03:35:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Larry bird looked disappointed. "not this again" lol

« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2017, 03:37:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
lol three winnable games that Indy could've had that they blew. Yeah, PG just played his last game as a Pacer. I don't see how they keep him this summer after everything that has gone down.

Hopefully Toronto or Milwaukee can give Cleveland more fight in the second round.

« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2017, 03:40:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
lol three winnable games that Indy could've had that they blew. Yeah, PG just played his last game as a Pacer. I don't see how they keep him this summer after everything that has gone down.

Hopefully Toronto or Milwaukee can give Cleveland more fight in the second round.

Hopefully not. Hopefully Cavs can dispatch of either team quickly so they can beat GSW (Lakers of NoCal). I totally dislike GSW.

« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2017, 03:50:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Cavaliers up 58-52 at halftime in Game 4.

Paul George took a shot to the midsection late in the half, but is also struggling with 2/10 shooting.

This could be the last 24 minutes of Indiana's season.. and George's time in Indy.

I suppose there is about 75 % chance he becomes a Laker .  Johnson and the rest of the Laker world are targeting him..  hopefully Bird can keep him off the Lakers .

I think people are taking this LA stuff WAY too seriously. Don't you guys remember the half dozen other stars that were supposedly "locks" to go to LA? lol If George wants to win, which he does, he's not going there unless they make some dramatic improvements before then.

I suppose I'm panicking  ;D

I'm so use to the Laker tricks though the years ......distrust them on any deal dies hard.

« Reply #304 on: April 23, 2017, 03:52:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Larry bird looked disappointed. "not this again" lol

George had no help , other than the nice rookie center .  Teague seems to disappear in playoffs .

Larry is going to,have to make a whale of a trade to keep George .

Lakers will have their treasure chest wide open

« Reply #305 on: April 23, 2017, 05:05:47 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Taj Gibson is doing a great job in the PnR against Ryan Anderson & Harden.

Proving himself to be a valuable midseason addition. Hard to see OKC doing anywhere near as well if Sabonis was the one trying to defend that action.

Loving OKC's defensive intensity here early in the 3rd.

« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
Man oh man the Thunder is playing some ball today! WB with the first half triple-double and the defense has elevated to compensate the lack of perimeter scoring.
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2017, 05:53:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
My God, how does Roberson get so bad at free throws?! 2-12 today and 2-17 in the series!!

« Reply #308 on: April 23, 2017, 06:06:59 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Wooooowwwww. Just dumb, dumb basketball all around on both sides of the court. This is the complete opposite type of game as that Spurs/Grizzlies game last night.

But that Adams purposefully missed free throw to that Westbrook deep three was insane.

« Reply #309 on: April 23, 2017, 06:12:40 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
Great uncalled foul by Harden on the last play.

Am I the only one thinking this guy is protected by referees in a SICK way ? I mean, he is beyond all-star treatment at this point.

« Reply #310 on: April 23, 2017, 09:39:07 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
That Indiana team is poorly constructed to begin with last summer. It seemed Bird was just ready for a new direction and shook it up just to do so.

« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2017, 09:52:16 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Am I the only one thinking this guy is protected by referees in a SICK way ? I mean, he is beyond all-star treatment at this point.

Just like Butler was our game....NBA where star calls happen.

« Reply #312 on: April 23, 2017, 09:55:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
I'm so torn on who to root for in this Jazz/Clippers game. Both teams losing would be the most ideal scenario!  ;D

Though I have saw where several people are actually expecting Griffin to leave LA this summer after this latest injury. So if he's going to be open to leave regardless, perhaps a Clippers win and then sweep at the hand of the Warriors is the best outcome to maximize our chances at signing one of Griffin or Hayward.

« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2017, 09:58:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm so torn on who to root for in this Jazz/Clippers game. Both teams losing would be the most ideal scenario!  ;D

Though I have saw where several people are actually expecting Griffin to leave LA this summer after this latest injury. So if he's going to be open to leave regardless, perhaps a Clippers win and then sweep at the hand of the Warriors is the best outcome to maximize our chances at signing one of Griffin or Hayward.

I kind of think this is a case where the Clippers themselves may hesitate on maxing Griffin.

Unless Doc the GM says "who cares" and keeps him..  ::)

I agree with what you say, that's the best case scenario. Clippers have to realize especially if they get swept in the 2nd round that there's no hope with their current core and even if they add Melo it won't be enough for them. Plus other teams in the West are rising and Spurs/Rockets look real good too.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #314 on: April 23, 2017, 10:07:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Just like Butler was our game....NBA where star calls happen.

I mean I wouldn't mind if Isaiah Thomas started getting these same superstar calls every single night..  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller