Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)  (Read 77482 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2017, 03:04:42 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
am I reading too much into CP3 leaving the presser when they started to question Blake? maybe it has happened b4 but I don't remember it or I missed it. I do remember guys who go in together usually leave at the same time. it seemed as if he was forced to go out there with Blake by Doc, like a show unity type thing but CP3 wasn't really feeling it. Blake did have a no-show 2nd half too.

An NBA writer on the Jim Rome show said that Blake, Jordan, and CP3 don't great along, and that generally the whole team dislikes CP3.

Apparently he is aloof towards his teammates most of the time and spends little time bonding with them, but isn't hesitant to rip them hard when they make mistakes.

He is closer to his superstar Olympic teammates than he is his Clipper teammates.

It is kind of like Kobe during his last few years with the Lakers, except CP3 doesn't have the championship pedigree, and it really rubs a lot of guys the wrong way.

It thought it was well known that CP3 didn't have the best relationship with Blake and DJ. That's a big reason why DJ almost bolted to Dallas. I get Kobe vibes from Chris Paul - great player, not the best social skills.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2017, 03:08:26 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
If they lose this game at home and with Gobert out? Wow. Talk about choking.

The Clippers have had so many excuses over the years but the reality is they're just not a great team.  A very good team but if they had gotten a few breaks over the years, they just would have lost to LeBron in the Finals.  The fundamental problem is they overvalued Jordan and that affected every other decision they've made constructing their roster.  They've acted like he's their third superstar but he's really not. 

Mike

He was an All-Star this year.

Know who else has been an All-Star?  Tyson Chandler, Chris Kaman, Jamaal Magloire, Mehmet Okur and Theo Ratliff.  That's where Jordan belongs.  He's not in that top tier with guys like Shaq or Patrick Ewing.  He's not even in the second tier with guys like Alonzo Mourning or Rik Smits.

He's in that third tier, but the Clippers have paid him and built their team like he's lock for the hall of fame.

Mike

He is an All-Star and is paid like an All-Star.  Picking the worst big-men All-Stars you can find and saying "see" is not a debate.  And no one is saying DJ is Shaq.

The Clippers problem is that Blake Griffin is no longer a dominant player.

« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2017, 04:43:39 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
Portland is keeping up with the Warriors, so far. CJ is putting on a show 27 points at the half.
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2017, 05:43:08 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Draymond Green is extremely good at basketball.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2017, 05:51:30 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
To think Draymond may never win a DPOY is crazy. After seeing us neutralize Gobert with relative ease, Draymond was the clear choice IMO, but I'm not sure he beat out Gobert :(.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2017, 05:53:13 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
yeah when you are allowed to get away with fouls .... a defensive player of year is not far away.

« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2017, 06:03:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2017, 06:17:02 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

The Clippers have had so many excuses over the years but the reality is they're just not a great team.  A very good team but if they had gotten a few breaks over the years, they just would have lost to LeBron in the Finals.  The fundamental problem is they overvalued Jordan and that affected every other decision they've made constructing their roster.  They've acted like he's their third superstar but he's really not. 

Mike

Know who else has been an All-Star?  Tyson Chandler, Chris Kaman, Jamaal Magloire, Mehmet Okur and Theo Ratliff.  That's where Jordan belongs.  He's not in that top tier with guys like Shaq or Patrick Ewing.  He's not even in the second tier with guys like Alonzo Mourning or Rik Smits.

He's in that third tier, but the Clippers have paid him and built their team like he's lock for the hall of fame.

Mike

He is an All-Star and is paid like an All-Star.  Picking the worst big-men All-Stars you can find and saying "see" is not a debate.  And no one is saying DJ is Shaq.

1.  Jordan has made the All-Star team ONCE, yet he's paid essentially the same as Griffin and Paul.

2.  Providing examples to illustrate a point has been considered a valid form of argument for millennia.

3.  The Clippers haven't just underperformed this season.  They've underformed EVERY SINGLE SEASON they've had Paul, Griffin and Jordan.

4.  I could go into more detail on the salary cap and on court problems that flow from treating Jordan like he's a lot better than he is, but I get the sense you are committed to deliberately not understanding any of them.

Mike

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2017, 02:14:00 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

Mike

Mike

1.  Jordan has made the All-Star team ONCE, yet he's paid essentially the same as Griffin and Paul.

2.  Providing examples to illustrate a point has been considered a valid form of argument for millennia.

3.  The Clippers haven't just underperformed this season.  They've underformed EVERY SINGLE SEASON they've had Paul, Griffin and Jordan.

4.  I could go into more detail on the salary cap and on court problems that flow from treating Jordan like he's a lot better than he is, but I get the sense you are committed to deliberately not understanding any of them.

Mike
You need a wing or SG to be one of the three to be great. And a PG that pass first like Rondo.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2017, 08:37:16 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
My boy Paul George showing up per usual against the best.

« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2017, 08:38:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

If we had traded for him, we'd be legit contenders. He's carrying that Pacers team all on his own.

« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2017, 08:40:26 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I see him carrying them all the way to being swept by Cavs.

« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2017, 08:42:53 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

If we had traded for him, we'd be legit contenders. He's carrying that Pacers team all on his own.

This team will have shorter window, though.

« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2017, 08:50:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

This team will have shorter window, though.

Not much shorter, PG3 and IT are not old, they are not like Pierce, KG and Ray when they were put together. Horford is, but he's not the key guy that those 3 where. PG3, IT, and Hayward would get it done for many years with guys like Bradley , Smart and Zizic around them.

A younger core wouldn't have a much longer window either. They would need several years to develop into legit NBA contenders, if that even happens.

« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2017, 08:53:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I see him carrying them all the way to being swept by Cavs.

As opposed to losing to the Hawks or Bulls?