Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)  (Read 77484 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2017, 01:52:09 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
how can the foul be on the pass?

When you shove a guy as he's passing the ball, that's a foul. If that happened in the 1st quarter, you could call that foul on Blake and not bat an eye

You cannot just shove a guy who has already passed the ball after the 2:00 mark. My point is that Favors got rid of the ball before the foul.

« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2017, 02:07:12 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
am I reading too much into CP3 leaving the presser when they started to question Blake? maybe it has happened b4 but I don't remember it or I missed it. I do remember guys who go in together usually leave at the same time. it seemed as if he was forced to go out there with Blake by Doc, like a show unity type thing but CP3 wasn't really feeling it. Blake did have a no-show 2nd half too.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2017, 08:25:28 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
how can the foul be on the pass?

When you shove a guy as he's passing the ball, that's a foul. If that happened in the 1st quarter, you could call that foul on Blake and not bat an eye

You cannot just shove a guy who has already passed the ball after the 2:00 mark. My point is that Favors got rid of the ball before the foul.

You cannot foul "away from the play". It's not whether he is holding the ball or not. Griffin fouled him when he made the pass. I took a screen cap and I wish I could show you but I don't know how to paste it here.

Point is, that wasnt a particularly bad or suspicious call from the refs. Now, they could've swallowed their whistle and called the foul on DJ against Ingles, but they called the Griffin foul instead.
- LilRip

« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2017, 08:57:59 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
How did Milwaukee quietly get so good?

The outside shooting of Middleton, Snell, and Brogdon is huge for that team.  Giannis is still solvable since he is a horrendous outside shooter.  Surrounded by shooting, that problem goes away.

I wouldn't put too much into Game 1 though because Toronto played awful and Lowry played worse.

« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2017, 09:01:38 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
If they lose this game at home and with Gobert out? Wow. Talk about choking.

The Clippers have had so many excuses over the years but the reality is they're just not a great team.  A very good team but if they had gotten a few breaks over the years, they just would have lost to LeBron in the Finals.  The fundamental problem is they overvalued Jordan and that affected every other decision they've made constructing their roster.  They've acted like he's their third superstar but he's really not. 

Mike

He was an All-Star this year. 

« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2017, 09:58:16 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

The Clippers have had so many excuses over the years but the reality is they're just not a great team.  A very good team but if they had gotten a few breaks over the years, they just would have lost to LeBron in the Finals.  The fundamental problem is they overvalued Jordan and that affected every other decision they've made constructing their roster.  They've acted like he's their third superstar but he's really not. 

Mike

Know who else has been an All-Star?  Tyson Chandler, Chris Kaman, Jamaal Magloire, Mehmet Okur and Theo Ratliff.  That's where Jordan belongs.  He's not in that top tier with guys like Shaq or Patrick Ewing.  He's not even in the second tier with guys like Alonzo Mourning or Rik Smits.

He's in that third tier, but the Clippers have paid him and built their team like he's lock for the hall of fame.

Mike

« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2017, 10:26:43 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Mike

Know who else has been an All-Star?  Tyson Chandler, Chris Kaman, Jamaal Magloire, Mehmet Okur and Theo Ratliff.  That's where Jordan belongs.  He's not in that top tier with guys like Shaq or Patrick Ewing.  He's not even in the second tier with guys like Alonzo Mourning or Rik Smits.

He's in that third tier, but the Clippers have paid him and built their team like he's lock for the hall of fame.

Mike

This....

definitely no HOF material for DJ. I agree that the Clippers messed it up when they pursued the guy who was already going to Dallas but changed minds when they locked him up...talk about karma and since then they have never made it passed round 2.

« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2017, 10:46:13 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Mike

Mike

This....

definitely no HOF material for DJ. I agree that the Clippers messed it up when they pursued the guy who was already going to Dallas but changed minds when they locked him up...talk about karma and since then they have never made it passed round 2.
They really should've traded Jordan for a good SG and a backup C (eg. Trade him for Crabbe and Mason Plumlee last summer)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2017, 11:39:41 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Mike

Mike

This....

Gosh he'd be transformational with our guys.

« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2017, 11:41:18 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
How did Milwaukee quietly get so good?

The outside shooting of Middleton, Snell, and Brogdon is huge for that team.  Giannis is still solvable since he is a horrendous outside shooter.  Surrounded by shooting, that problem goes away.

I wouldn't put too much into Game 1 though because Toronto played awful and Lowry played worse.

Their length is a factor on the defensive end as well.

« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2017, 01:25:41 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Hawks look asleep playing the wizards so far

« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2017, 01:56:02 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Hawks look asleep playing the wizards so far

Hawks starting lineup lacks secondary playmakers in the half court.  Not that great a perimeter shooting bunch either.

« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2017, 01:59:39 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Is it me or does dwight look like he is moving better than he has in years?
#JKJB

« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2017, 02:24:54 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
am I reading too much into CP3 leaving the presser when they started to question Blake? maybe it has happened b4 but I don't remember it or I missed it. I do remember guys who go in together usually leave at the same time. it seemed as if he was forced to go out there with Blake by Doc, like a show unity type thing but CP3 wasn't really feeling it. Blake did have a no-show 2nd half too.

An NBA writer on the Jim Rome show said that Blake, Jordan, and CP3 don't great along, and that generally the whole team dislikes CP3.

Apparently he is aloof towards his teammates most of the time and spends little time bonding with them, but isn't hesitant to rip them hard when they make mistakes.

He is closer to his superstar Olympic teammates than he is his Clipper teammates.

It is kind of like Kobe during his last few years with the Lakers, except CP3 doesn't have the championship pedigree, and it really rubs a lot of guys the wrong way.

« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2017, 02:28:08 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Is it me or does dwight look like he is moving better than he has in years?

More active and engaged, less explosive leaping.