Author Topic: Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder plus filler/1st round pick, do you do it?  (Read 3212 times)

Re: Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder plus filler/1st round pick, do you do it?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 10:08:44 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think it's more likely they move AB and filler in a S&T for Hayward.

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 10:10:22 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Would GSW jump on Bradley/Crowder, and like a Celtics first round pick, or maybe the Grizzlies?

I don't know?

Is it an overpay?

Would they do it?

There is no way the Warriors do it unless one of the picks is a Brooklyn pick.  This offer would give the Warriors only 1 year of Bradley, Crowder and a low #1 for a young All-Star who's one of the better shooters (and a plus defender) in the league.  For us I would do it but then we still have a log jam at SG/SF in Brown, Fultz, Smart and Thompson (and that's not including GH if we somehow pick him up which I wouldn't do in that scenario).    You'd have no bigs other than Al and no money to bring in a good one either...

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 11:05:25 AM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Would GSW jump on Bradley/Crowder, and like a Celtics first round pick, or maybe the Grizzlies?

I don't know?

Is it an overpay?

Would they do it?

Am I missing something here? Would they do it for WHAT? You haven't indicated who we are getting in return. Are you saying for Klay Thompson? Evidently everyone else who has responded are mind readers because I don't see what you are saying we get in return for Bradley/Crowder and "like" a 1st rnd pick.
I thought there was something wrong with me for a minute.

HAHAHA, I was like how do people know what he is talking about???

I don't know?

Is it an overpay?

Would they do it?

Am I missing something here? Would they do it for WHAT? You haven't indicated who we are getting in return. Are you saying for Klay Thompson? Evidently everyone else who has responded are mind readers because I don't see what you are saying we get in return for Bradley/Crowder and "like" a 1st rnd pick.
For whom? I've been looking everywhere in the opening post and doesn't say it.

Edit: I can see I'm not the only one, what a relief.

Lol, sorry tax season has been taking a toll on me. I wasn't even thinking when I made the thread title, then I forgot to mention in the comment anyways LOL.

Yes the original premise of the thread was Crowder+Bradley for Klay Thompson.

Thanks. Can you amend the OP and/or title?

Mike

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 11:21:34 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
They could get a better package most likely if teams know he's on the block
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2017, 11:32:13 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Now we've been clarified.

If we are not going to be able to extend IT/Bradley/Smart, then we should do it. Even if I think Bradley is the most indispensable of them if we go deep in postseason (to lock the Irvings and Currys). Anyway, I don't think GSW would do it...right now. Let's see what happens with the NBA title and Durant opting out.

Circumstances can change in so little time.

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 01:14:49 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
This scenario only comes to light if Durant opts out.  IF Durant opts out the Warriors would have to resign him at a new max deal of 36m per year.  He is currently making 27.7m.  That extra 8-9m has to come from somewhere.

Which means that Klay Thompson may become available.  Which means that a year of AB at cheap rates might become much more affordable than resigning Klay.

Just something to think about.  Would a Durant/Curry/Bradley team be better?  No, it's a slight downgrade but Bradley I feel is better than Klay defensively so it might actually be a wash.

Celtics meanwhile upgrade their outside shooting with Thompson and increase the length/size they can put on the floor.

A double swoop of a Thompson trade plus Heyward signing would dramatically increase the Celtics scoring ability overnight.