Author Topic: Who on the Dream Team was cool to Laettner and who was a jerk?  (Read 3845 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Remember on that 30 for 30 Laettner said about half the guys were cool to him and the other half ignored him or were clear they didn't think he should be there?

Who do you think is who?

I got

Nice
Stockton....I just think Stockton has manners
Mullin....understood the plight of the doubted afterthought white guy
David Robinson....Navy guy Christian has manners
Clyde Drexler....seems nice
Magic Johnson....loves the world and needs to be loved so was probably the first one to be all buddy buddy with him

Not nice
Jordan...I bet he didn't even look at him or use his actual name. Probably called him "kid" or Dookie or something
Patrick Ewing....I just cannot imagine him caring
Scottie Pippen....does whatever Jordan does and tries to act like the superstar he's not
Bird....kinda anti social....probably said hello to him once and figured nobody could complain about that.
Karl Malone....maybe said something once like "Check out my guns" but generally used him for fodder in practice and stomped on him

Wild card

Barkley.....depending on much booze was in him and who was around him probably was all over the place day to day. One day he's probably threatening to kill him if he doesn't carry his bags and the next he's talking about barbecue in Alabama.  Was probably himself and just sorta said stuff.

Re: Who on the Dream Team was cool to Laettner and who was a jerk?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 09:12:17 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Update from Jackie McMullen.....Barkley, Bird, Mullin, and Drexler went out of their way to befriend him

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 12:40:29 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Update from Jackie McMullen.....Barkley, Bird, Mullin, and Drexler went out of their way to befriend him

Bird was probably happy he took Isaiah's spot, haha.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 01:00:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Remember on that 30 for 30 Laettner said about half the guys were cool to him and the other half ignored him or were clear they didn't think he should be there?

Who do you think is who?

I got

Nice
Magic Johnson....loves the world and needs to be loved so was probably the first one to be all buddy buddy with him

Not nice
Jordan...I bet he didn't even look at him or use his actual name. Probably called him "kid" or Dookie or something
Scottie Pippen....does whatever Jordan does and tries to act like the superstar he's not
Bird....kinda anti social....probably said hello to him once and figured nobody could complain about that.
Karl Malone....maybe said something once like "Check out my guns" but generally used him for fodder in practice and stomped on him

Wild card

Barkley.....depending on much booze was in him and who was around him probably was all over the place day to day. One day he's probably threatening to kill him if he doesn't carry his bags and the next he's talking about barbecue in Alabama.  Was probably himself and just sorta said stuff.
We care about this, why?

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 01:04:13 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Who do you think is who?

I got

Nice

Not nice

Wild card

We care about this, why?
The chemistry of the best team ever assembled is intriguing.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Bird was probably happy he took Isaiah's spot, haha.
IT not getting a spot on that team is the ultimate FU basketball story of all time to me. Just a total "Nobody respects you or considers you a legitimate champion."

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 08:31:18 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
So it turns out Jackie Mac also wrote this quote...“Michael was pretty cool, actually. Later on, he started giving me s***. But it wasn’t bad. They were all cool, some more than others maybe. I hung out with Stockton and his family. Drexler was really good to me. Chris Mullin was really, really good to me. Barkley was good to me. I had a few long talks with Bird. Pippen was cool. Ewing and Robinson, too. I played one-on-one with them. I played the most with Mullie but I played with almost every one of them for at least five minutes. (Laettner’s not a big smiler but he flashed a wide one with this thought.) When I played with Mullie, we played all perimeter, twenty feet out.”