Author Topic: They look down on the Celtics  (Read 3307 times)

Re: They look down on the Celtics
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 03:21:47 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Just look at the listed heights for our starting lineup.

Most opponents look down on us, every night.

;D
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 03:36:12 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
We can get to the ECF pretty easily if we avoid Toronto in the 2nd round. If we do face Toronto (which is unlikely I believe), then we still have a shot, but we are slight underdogs given our inconsistency vs the Raptors consistency after acquiring Ibaka, Tucker and getting Lowry back.

Whatever happens, I don't really care as long as we take it to Toronto or Cleveland over 6 or 7 games because we have the draft to look forward to and what may happen on draft night.

Isn't it impossible for us to face Toronto in the second round?

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 03:38:40 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
We can get to the ECF pretty easily if we avoid Toronto in the 2nd round. If we do face Toronto (which is unlikely I believe), then we still have a shot, but we are slight underdogs given our inconsistency vs the Raptors consistency after acquiring Ibaka, Tucker and getting Lowry back.

Whatever happens, I don't really care as long as we take it to Toronto or Cleveland over 6 or 7 games because we have the draft to look forward to and what may happen on draft night.

Yes, but it wasn't yesterday morning when he posted.

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 03:44:15 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Yes, but it wasn't yesterday morning when he posted.

Ah yes, thanks.

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2017, 03:51:13 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Apparently it is a trend with the Cs. If you go and check other team fans, no one believes in the Cs, mostly think the Cs will get out in the first round.

That reminds me when my wife and I decided to watch nba again in 2007. My wife was a Kobe fan and ask me to watch Lakers game. While watching them in the playoff I was bored to death. I decided to check other games and was suddenly very interested by this Boston team. The team execution, and most importantly the fighting spirit, the grit, the pride of the jersey. I could feel everything, it was overwhelming. I ask my wife to watch Boston with me and she get caught by the same feeling as well. She became an instant PP fan, she's still talking about him now even though she's not watching nba anymore.
When Boston and LA were in the finales, my wife wanted Boston to win, she was a big fan of the team already.
I remember during that time, most of the people had the Lakers winning vs Boston. I was shocked. I was telling myself "what am I missing?" Turn out they were wrong, Boston was a far superior team defense and they won rather easily their series.

Long story short, I don't pretend a similarity between 2007 and 2017 playoff. But one thing for sure. This Boston team is 1st in the east. This is not by luck or health roster issue (we had our share as well). I'm not pretending Boston is favorite in the east, but they should be feared (nobody realize how good they are with a 100% AB on both end).

Right now, they aren't feared at all.
For that reason, I predict a Boston vs Toronto ECF.
I want to respond to the general idea of this post. I think a big part of this is that the league advertises itself behind stars, most of the media focuses their stories on stars. Due to this the quality of a team often takes a back seat (at least in fans minds) to the quality of a team's best player.

Fans have become educated, but still too many people view things based on a team's best player and not who has the better team.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2017, 03:55:30 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
That'll make the championship win that much better.

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2017, 08:24:23 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Maybe this is a good thing.  This could be the motivation they need.  We know what this team is like when no one believes in them.  But having the number 1 seed is saying something and i think these guys has bought deeply into their own hype.  But we'll see...

And here's more motivation.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/the-celtics-are-the-worst-no-1-seed-in-nba-history-041317

This BETTER be on Brad's bulletin board. Hell, i'd plaster it all over the locker room and the tunnel into the Garden.

It's frankly shocking that Chicago made the postseason — the Bulls played roughly 30 minutes of cohesive basketball all season.

But don't be surprised if the Bulls give the Celtics everything they can handle in the first round.

In fact, don't be shocked if the Bulls win the seven-game series with the Celtics.

Because while Boston might be the No. 1 seed in the East this year, they're the worst top seed in the history of the NBA.

Nice....disrespect...what we thrive on!!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2017, 08:44:47 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3011
  • On To Banner 18!
Maybe this is a good thing.  This could be the motivation they need.  We know what this team is like when no one believes in them.  But having the number 1 seed is saying something and i think these guys has bought deeply into their own hype.  But we'll see...

And here's more motivation.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/the-celtics-are-the-worst-no-1-seed-in-nba-history-041317

This BETTER be on Brad's bulletin board. Hell, i'd plaster it all over the locker room and the tunnel into the Garden.

It's frankly shocking that Chicago made the postseason — the Bulls played roughly 30 minutes of cohesive basketball all season.

But don't be surprised if the Bulls give the Celtics everything they can handle in the first round.

In fact, don't be shocked if the Bulls win the seven-game series with the Celtics.

Because while Boston might be the No. 1 seed in the East this year, they're the worst top seed in the history of the NBA.

Nice....disrespect...what we thrive on!!!!!!!

And this is where I don't blame anyone who yells "Fake News"  :laugh:

I mean, yes, the Celtics certainly aren't the most dominant #1 seed out there, but it just seems like no one is giving them any chance. ESPN even believes there's a greater chance that if any team pulls of an upset, it's the Bulls...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2017, 08:53:41 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'll be honest, I went hunting for the last 1 seed to have such a small average margin of victory (2.7).  Detroit in 03 and NJ in 02 had lower winning %s as a 1, but in the last 25 or so years that I checked nobody's been worse in terms of margin. We really might be the worst 1 seed in modern league history.

On the other hand, it reminds me of the old joke about what you call the person who graduates med school last in their class - "Doctor". We're a 1 seed no matter how you slice it and that's all that matters.