Author Topic: Bucks (42-39) at Celtics (52-29) Game #82 4/12/17  (Read 24010 times)

Re: Bucks (42-39) at Celtics (52-29) Game #82 4/12/17
« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2017, 10:33:25 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
This is great.  Onto the next task.  I feel good going against the Bulls.  It's the second round I'm worried about but if they take care of what they're supposed to take care of, they can get over that hump.  Fingers crossed....

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2017, 10:35:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
There are no concerns. The only concerns should be the refs giving star calls to lebron

No different from any other year he has been in the league .....he will whine and complain every call that does not go his way .

« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2017, 10:36:27 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
If you told me the Celtics would be seated 1st in the East, I would have thought you we're crazy.

Congrats on a nice season, let's beat the Bulls.

« Reply #258 on: April 12, 2017, 10:37:06 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Now if we can just keep Bradley from breaking down....LOL

« Reply #259 on: April 12, 2017, 10:41:03 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
CELTICS...... BEST RECORD IN THE EAST.... EACH TEAM STARTED 0-0 CELTICS WON MORE GAMES THAN ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE EAST.

Yes sir. That's the entire point. The only point.

It's on to the playoffs for this highly formidable team.

« Reply #260 on: April 12, 2017, 10:41:38 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
#1 seed AND the the best lottery odds in the same season.  I'm going to guess that that has never happened before.

1986..Boston won the title and had the top pick in Bias
C's had the #2 pick.  Cleveland had the #1 pick and used it for Brad Daugherty
did the celtics have best chance at top pick? I believe they did
no more than any other lottery team but that's not what you said. 

it'd be the same situation if they won the title this year and ended up with the #2 pick after the lottery drawing.

« Reply #261 on: April 13, 2017, 07:08:31 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
LOL at Boston fans who still do not believe in this team.

There are legitimate concerns with this team. The East is totally up for grabs, and I could see 1-5 seeds in the Finals.

But that also means that the Cs have if not the best shot, then very close to the best shot to get there.  And that would be fun...
Dang right there are.  The bench is a real problem.  The inside defense is a real problem.  The shooting blows hot and cold.

Much as I am proud of the team to get the best record in the East, they have an uphill battle to get to the ECF.

I define success this season as winning a round in the playoffs.

« Reply #262 on: April 13, 2017, 01:33:25 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
#1 seed AND the the best lottery odds in the same season.  I'm going to guess that that has never happened before.

it'd be the same situation if they won the title this year and ended up with the #2 pick after the lottery drawing.
The lottery has only used its modern weighted system since 1990. Technically boston had the best odds but they were tied with a few other teams with best odds.

I dont think a team has ever better odds than anyone else and had a #1 seed. That seems unprecedented. You'd have to check the last 27 years to see.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #263 on: April 13, 2017, 01:51:48 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

The lottery has only used its modern weighted system since 1990. Technically boston had the best odds but they were tied with a few other teams with best odds.

I dont think a team has ever better odds than anyone else and had a #1 seed. That seems unprecedented. You'd have to check the last 27 years to see.
The lottery wasn't as heavily weighted as it is now but they moved away from coin flips only just before that year.  I believe the drawing was equal odds for all participants that year.  they later moved to a slightly weighted system before arriving at the heavily weighted system in current use.

in any case, the C's did win the title in '86 but did not have the #1 pick which was my point.

« Reply #264 on: April 13, 2017, 01:58:35 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

The lottery wasn't as heavily weighted as it is now but they moved away from coin flips only just before that year.  I believe the drawing was equal odds for all participants that year.  they later moved to a slightly weighted system before arriving at the heavily weighted system in current use.

in any case, the C's did win the title in '86 but did not have the #1 pick which was my point.
the lottery wasnt weighted at all.

they started weighting it in 1990.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2017, 03:04:15 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

even odds for all teams is still weighting.  just 100% weighting for all.

« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2017, 03:39:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

even odds for all teams is still weighting.  just 100% weighting for all.
semantics!

is it possible to have an unweighted lottery?