Author Topic: Cavs release Larry Sanders  (Read 5996 times)

Re: Cavs release Larry Sanders
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 11:23:19 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Not surprised they released him, but I am surprised they did it now right before the playoffs. They must have someone who is playoff eligible that they want to add. Who can that be?

They also just released Deandre Liggins for the same reason. Wonder who's on their shortlist.

If it's Ray Allen we better start burning his old Celtic jerseys on the streets.

I think most of them have been burned already. ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 01:47:29 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Mountain shook, a mouse was born.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:36:00 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 06:49:09 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Maybe Danny not cutting Young to make room for a rebounding rim protector was a sign?

Sam Amico‏Verified account @AmicoHoops 8h8 hours ago

Telling sign on Larry Sanders came after he signed with #Cavs, when Celtics source told me, "They can have him." C's had also worked him out.

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 07:59:48 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Cleveland sure seems to be scrambling to fill up their roster.  I think if Sanders really has any drive to be back in the NBA, this stint will prove to be beneficial.  He needs to keep working out and build on this and be ready for someone's preseason team.  Or he can go back to Florida and get high.

With all the Rookies/young players we have, I doubt there is a spot on the Celtics but he may stick somewhere.  In the short term, I am glad he is not able to help the Cavs.

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 08:17:32 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
T Jones and now Sanders. Both released from playoff squads in recent weeks. I hope this is a lesson to those screaming for their signings that perhaps DA knows better...

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 08:39:19 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
T Jones and now Sanders. Both released from playoff squads in recent weeks. I hope this is a lesson to those screaming for their signings that perhaps DA knows better...

Unfortunately, more likely an opportunity for them to scream so more.

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 09:27:41 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Man, what happened to Terrence Jones? He seemed like a decently promising young player a couple years back and seems like he's on the express lane out of the league. I haven't really watched him much to know, but have the injuries just killed his game? Personality issues? Something else? Curious if anyone knows.

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 10:09:15 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Man, what happened to Terrence Jones? He seemed like a decently promising young player a couple years back and seems like he's on the express lane out of the league. I haven't really watched him much to know, but have the injuries just killed his game? Personality issues? Something else? Curious if anyone knows.

I've heard vague references to personality issues, but nothing concrete.

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 10:29:37 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I think he's going to be like Lance Stephenson, he'll eventually find a place to stay for a long time
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 10:40:53 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Young isn't going to be active or on the team next year so for me I'd have rather taken a chance on someone who at least had a chance to be on next year's team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 11:20:42 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Young isn't going to be active or on the team next year so for me I'd have rather taken a chance on someone who at least had a chance to be on next year's team.

Or maybe Sanders and Jones had no chance either.... The only attribute either has is their height which is not enough to spend millions on. There is a reason we have workouts

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 02:28:21 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Or maybe Sanders and Jones had no chance either.... The only attribute either has is their height which is not enough to spend millions on. There is a reason we have workouts
didn't take millions to sign either of those guys
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 02:59:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Those that were relentlessly pining over this guy and slammed Ainge repeatedly for not picking him up, could you now apologize to the rest of us that told you he wasn't any good, for subjugating us to that drivel. Thank you.

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 03:20:12 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I am pretty confused why the Cavs signed the 2 players they did and why they made these moves. Will the guys they signed (tavares, Jones) even be on their playoff roster? Starting to feel like desperation.

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2017, 03:27:15 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I am pretty confused why the Cavs signed the 2 players they did and why they made these moves. Will the guys they signed (tavares, Jones) even be on their playoff roster? Starting to feel like desperation.

Yes, both will be on the playoff roster.  The Cavs signed Jones the last week of last year as well, and he proved very useful in the playoffs.  Tavares is a break-glass-in-case-of-emergency type, but I guess Cleveland thought he was more useful than Sanders.  Which says something.