Author Topic: Thoughts on playing the bulls round 1?  (Read 13948 times)

Re: Thoughts on playing the bulls round 1?
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2017, 10:11:22 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I think it's a good matchup for the Celts. What I find strange is ESPN headline of the Bulls where it almost makes it seem like we are the challengers and the Bulls are the favorite. This is the bullet:

Bulls know they're in for a challenge vs. the Celtics

In for a challenge? No ****! You are in for an ass-kicking!!]

This, TP.

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2017, 10:16:58 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think this will be a long, ugly series that goes the full 7, but I expect the Celts to win.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2017, 10:24:29 AM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
I think this will be a long, ugly series that goes the full 7, but I expect the Celts to win.

Agreed, We should beat the bulls. Their frontcourt is horrid. Butler will have some good games but I think we should win. Honestly it was the Pacers who has been playing great as of late that scared me . That was the matchup I didn't want to see. I'm glad the Hawks decided to rest their starters.

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2017, 10:29:43 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I don't think this series goes more than 5.  The difference between having a coach like Stevens vs. having a coach like Hoiberg will be very apparent over several games.

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2017, 10:31:38 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
maybe, but i think the celtics are the better team and show it. i predict celtics in 6....maybe even 5.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2017, 10:43:08 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
maybe, but i think the celtics are the better team and show it. i predict celtics in 6....maybe even 5.

My expectation is that it'll be close most nights, and the Bulls will win a few games thanks to Jimmy Buckets and Wade in crunch time, and/or timely offensive rebounds by Lopez and Mirotic.

I think it'll be sort of like the Celts' series against the Hawks in 08, or the series against the Bulls in 09, in that it will be hard fought and go the full seven, but ultimately the teams are not actually very close in terms of quality and talent.

I'd love it if the Celts just wipe the floor with them in 4 or 5, though.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2017, 11:21:47 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Bulls in five
*IT gets double-teamed the entire series, which, Marcus Smart interprets as a 'green light' to chuck-at-will
*Horford will do his usual disappearing act
*Marcus Smart will deliver 3-15 shooting each game (or worse)
*AB will pull up lame in game one and miss the remainder of the series
*Jae Crowder, in between timeouts, argues on twitter with C's fans about Gordon Hayward
*Brad Stevens has a stroke mid-game

::)

Throw this along your gloom and doom post in the Nets thread.

« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2017, 11:48:56 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Celtics in six, although the games will be close. Average margin of win will be about five points.

Rondo is on TV, so he's gonna show up. Jimmy Butler is a star. Dwayne Wade will be tanned and rested, and he will want to take out some frustrations on us.

But we're the better team and match up well with them in the back court, which is obviously their area of strength.

After that, it will be a Boston-Atlanta Super Bowl rematch on the basketball court.

Mike

« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2017, 11:54:53 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
Celtics in 5. We've got momentum and we're clicking finally. Bulls are on a good streak, but if we contain Rondo and Wade, we can let Butler get his numbers and get those W's.

« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2017, 11:55:06 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Mirotic is the main danger man for Chicago after Butler. His ability to hit the 3 and space the floor from the PF position is their best offensive weapon outside of Butler. He can stretch the Celtics defense out and force Horford to stay out on the perimeter defensively. Or force Boston to go small to matchup against him with more speed.

How well Chicago does against Boston will come down to how well Mirotic plays in the series.

« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2017, 11:56:55 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
Ugh I wished one of these games would be on ABC (local channel).

Why TNT and ESPN only lol, just like last year. Guess that means online streams again..

Don't have those channels on TV since I truthfully don't watch TV that often and it's smart money-saving  :P .
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2017, 12:16:08 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Rondo is on TV, so he's gonna show up.

Hmm...Rondo was on TV during his two playoff game stint with the Mavs in 2015 and didn't really show up.  ;)

But in all seriousness, I agree with you. He's in a better situation this time around, facing his former team in the Garden which he made a lot of memories in. I think he has a reason to show up this time.

Hard to believe it's been FIVE YEARS since we last saw "Playoff Rondo." (Not counting his season-ending 2013 injury and his forgettable 'didn't wanna even be there' stint with the Mavericks two years ago)

« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Mirotic is the main danger man for Chicago after Butler. His ability to hit the 3 and space the floor from the PF position is their best offensive weapon outside of Butler. He can stretch the Celtics defense out and force Horford to stay out on the perimeter defensively. Or force Boston to go small to matchup against him with more speed.

How well Chicago does against Boston will come down to how well Mirotic plays in the series.
I find this assessment encouraging.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2017, 02:42:44 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Bulls in five
*IT gets double-teamed the entire series, which, Marcus Smart interprets as a 'green light' to chuck-at-will
*Horford will do his usual disappearing act
*Marcus Smart will deliver 3-15 shooting each game (or worse)
*AB will pull up lame in game one and miss the remainder of the series
*Jae Crowder, in between timeouts, argues on twitter with C's fans about Gordon Hayward
*Brad Stevens has a stroke mid-game

You forgot locusts and plagues.

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2017, 03:16:12 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Lets hope rondo accidentally passes the ball to AB if he's in the garden and not focused