Author Topic: Thoughts on playing the bulls round 1?  (Read 13956 times)

Re: Thoughts on playing the bulls round 1?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2017, 06:24:27 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
I'd rather see this series than the Pacers honestly. I'd find this one much more enjoyable to watch. I expect it would be tough but entertaining none the less.

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2017, 06:25:55 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
i am not overly worried about a celtics-bulls series. in the regular season the celtics won the series 2-1, with the only loss being by a single point.

celtics will win and advance on to the second round.

Celtics lost the second game of the season to them as well, so we were 2-2 against them.

But alas, I don't see them being a serious threat to us. Indiana either. Miami as well.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2017, 07:04:43 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We are not a solid lock against any of these teams but the Bulls are one I think we can beat

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2017, 07:10:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
i am not overly worried about a celtics-bulls series. in the regular season the celtics won the series 2-1, with the only loss being by a single point.

Celtics lost the second game of the season to them as well, so we were 2-2 against them.

But alas, I don't see them being a serious threat to us. Indiana either. Miami as well.
Good catch, my mistake.  When. I googled it I only found three games. Tp for helping out.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2017, 07:15:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Bull sit  :-\

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2017, 07:16:21 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
As a fan of this Celtics team, every opponent scares me.

One, because Boston has certain deficiencies that are other teams' strengths, such as rebounding.

And two, because this Celtics team sometimes (more than occasionally) doesn't show up ready to play.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2017, 07:17:00 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

Good catch, my mistake.  When. I googled it I only found three games. Tp for helping out.
our first loss was the second game of the season where Butler-Rondo-Wade were like 9-13 from 3 and the second one was that bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. Jimmy Butler foul.

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2017, 07:22:28 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I'd much rather play the Pacers. I want the Cavs vs Bulls in the 1st round. Cavs haven't beaten the Bulls all year.
- LilRip

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2017, 08:08:05 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
The Celtics SHOULD win in 5 games, but of course, they will make it a 7 game series because one game they will "lay an egg" another game they will say "we let them hit us first" and another lost were they lack "a sense of urgency."

Hope I am wrong and a 5 game series is what happens.
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2017, 08:49:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
I think people may forget they actually offloaded Gibson and McDermott at the break. While those guys are not world beaters, they are solid players and better than what they got back. Gibson in particular was a challenge for us on the board. They also have played a bit better since Wade got hurt. If he is back it kind of mucks up their rotation with Rondo and Butler.

This. Gibson was a major problem for us, because he'd always kill Al on the boards. Lopez presents a matchup problem, too, but he's far from a "killer" to be concerned about. I think their abysmal shooting ultimately limits them greatly in a series.

I'm less worried about Butler than Wade, too, who is a big guard that we usually struggle to defend. I think we beat them in 5 or 6, but they're probably all close games.

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I think people may forget they actually offloaded Gibson and McDermott at the break. While those guys are not world beaters, they are solid players and better than what they got back. Gibson in particular was a challenge for us on the board. They also have played a bit better since Wade got hurt. If he is back it kind of mucks up their rotation with Rondo and Butler.

This. Gibson was a major problem for us, because he'd always kill Al on the boards. Lopez presents a matchup problem, too, but he's far from a "killer" to be concerned about. I think their abysmal shooting ultimately limits them greatly in a series.

I'm less worried about Butler than Wade, too, who is a big guard that we usually struggle to defend. I think we beat them in 5 or 6, but they're probably all close games.

Anyone want to call the over/under on how many times Wade climbs the front of a Celtics defender and somehow gets awarded an and-1? I say 3 times (for the series).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2017, 09:40:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Celtics always relax with a led

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2017, 09:43:21 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
We are set up to be Dallas Mavericks vs Golden ST

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2017, 09:46:35 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2017, 09:51:36 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Well looks like the matchup with the Bulls will happen.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19137825/brooklyn-nets-sit-6-chicago-bulls-reach-playoffs-win
I am quite ok with Chi. They are a flawed team.