Author Topic: Thoughts on playing the bulls round 1?  (Read 13943 times)

Re: Thoughts on playing the bulls round 1?
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2017, 11:58:47 AM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Bulls fans feeling real cocky and cofindent most are saying Bulls in 6

We'll see we'll see
Not just Bulls fans.  Some national pundits are calling this an 8-seed upset of 1-seed.

Would it be the most shocking thing in the world if DWade goes nuts in one more playoff series? Or if Jimmy buckets scores 40 pts a couple of times? Or if Rondo harnesses his playmaking passing game to get role players buckets?

The Bulls have some nice pieces in Lopez, Portis, and Valentine. Of all of the high-seed/low-seed matchups, the Celtics v Bulls series has the most likely chance of an upset. The Cavs, Warriors, and Spurs are less likely to lose to the Pacers, Blazers, and Grizzlies.

It doesn't matter too much if the fans sleep on the Bulls, as I think Stevens is good enough of a coach to get his team going for tomorrow's game. There are too many guys with chips on their shoulder on this team to not put out top effort.

« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2017, 12:09:46 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Butler guarding The King in The Fourth the entire game?

He besmirches the Order.

The King and his Men will put this lout and his cretins down.

Off with their heads!

« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2017, 12:42:31 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I know one thing...many questions will be answered in this opening series against the Bulls.

The last two years the C's have been eliminated in the first round, for specific reasons in the minds of many.

Have we addressed these short comings enough to get us into a second round? We'll see. 

« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2017, 12:46:14 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
1st round exit for us

« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2017, 02:02:37 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
If IT can be the devastating scorer he was in the regularly season in the post season we'll be fine, otherwise we're in trouble.

« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2017, 05:41:24 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Watching the Cavs/Pacers today have to say I'm glad we didn't draw Indiana. Is anybody not worried about our offense? I don't feel good aboout it outside of IT we go on extremely bad cold droughts only good thing going for us is the Bulls aren't great on that end either
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2017, 10:20:02 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
On paper we should easily win this matchup but in all honesty it scares me to death. They have a superstar in Butler who has a knack for torching us. They have a rested hall of famer in Wade, who granted has lost a step, but can turn it on at any point, and have a Rondo who would love to beat us and always turns it on for prime time games.
They are also 7-3 in their last 10 so turning it on at the right time. We are also 2-2 against them head to head this season.

Unless i'm wrong I just don't see how we don't play them round 1. Assume they beat the nets, it doesnt matter how the Pacers fair since they are a game ahead in the central and neither team has a division match up to wrap up the season.
It looks like our only hope rests in the Nets hands (yet again) to beat the Bulls and the Heat beat a Wizards team who is likely resting their starters.

Hope somebody can talk me off the cliff with this one, maybe its just the fact we haven't won a playoff series under a Stevens.. The Bulls just feel like trouble to me.

Hate to say I told ya so. Time to take off the green the tinted glasses and see this team for what they are..

« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2017, 09:46:32 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
Bulls in five
*IT gets double-teamed the entire series, which, Marcus Smart interprets as a 'green light' to chuck-at-will
*Horford will do his usual disappearing act
*Marcus Smart will deliver 3-15 shooting each game (or worse)
*AB will pull up lame in game one and miss the remainder of the series
*Jae Crowder, in between timeouts, argues on twitter with C's fans about Gordon Hayward
*Brad Stevens has a stroke mid-game

::)

Throw this along your gloom and doom post in the Nets thread.

You call it Doom and Gloom, and you have a right to your opinion, but....
All I know is: if Lin is HEALTHY this season, the Celtics don't even sniff the top five of the lottery.
You

If that's all you know, it can be safely said that you know nothing.

I was right about this series and I am right about Lin & the Nets

« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2017, 09:48:45 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28