Author Topic: Thoughts on playing the bulls round 1?  (Read 13947 times)

Thoughts on playing the bulls round 1?
« on: April 11, 2017, 08:02:14 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
On paper we should easily win this matchup but in all honesty it scares me to death. They have a superstar in Butler who has a knack for torching us. They have a rested hall of famer in Wade, who granted has lost a step, but can turn it on at any point, and have a Rondo who would love to beat us and always turns it on for prime time games.
They are also 7-3 in their last 10 so turning it on at the right time. We are also 2-2 against them head to head this season.

Unless i'm wrong I just don't see how we don't play them round 1. Assume they beat the nets, it doesnt matter how the Pacers fair since they are a game ahead in the central and neither team has a division match up to wrap up the season.
It looks like our only hope rests in the Nets hands (yet again) to beat the Bulls and the Heat beat a Wizards team who is likely resting their starters.

Hope somebody can talk me off the cliff with this one, maybe its just the fact we haven't won a playoff series under a Stevens.. The Bulls just feel like trouble to me.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 08:08:23 AM by jbpats »

Re: Thoughts on playing the bulls round 1?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 08:15:34 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Thoughts?

Boston in 5.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 08:19:22 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
Thoughts?

Boston in 5.

TP for your optimism and my hope that you're right.

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 08:21:01 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Happy.

It means I'd be able to go to a game or two at United Center. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 08:26:15 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Good for us.  Really good for us.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 08:26:22 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
In the 1st round I'd rather face the Bulls than any of the others. 

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 08:28:39 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
In the 1st round I'd rather face the Bulls than any of the others.

May I ask why? We are 7-0 against the Pacers and Heat this season.

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 08:48:52 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Honestly, we are capable of losing to any of the teams in the East if we do not execute correctly, and do not have defensive intensity.  Even though we may end up with the 1st seed, I think that only helps in having Toronto have to face the Cavs before us.  Meaning it increases our odds of getting to the Eastern Conference finals.  That's it.  I don't feel anymore confident about our chances of going further if we finish 1st. 

We're just not that good, yet. 

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 08:49:58 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
The playoffs are going to be tough no matter who the Cs play.  If they get the #1 seed they have set themselves up for (technically) the easiest path to get to the finals.  They will play a .500 team in the first round, Washington or Atlanta in the second and Toronto or Cleveland in the ECF.  That is the best match up you can hope for.  Winning each round is another story.  The last time the Cs won the championship they struggled each round if I remember correctly but they managed to advance each time. Go Celtics.

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 08:58:23 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
I'm not worried about the Bulls. They would be the ideal first round matchup for us. I'm worried about possibly facing Atlanta in round 2 though, they can very likely beat us.

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 09:29:45 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Bulls don't worry me but I would look forward to seeing Rondo in the playoffs.  I have little doubt he'd pull out all the stops against Boston.  Playoff Rondo is a treat to watch (maybe not so much when he's on the other team) but I'm confident the C's have the better overall team to win the series

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 11:25:04 AM »

Offline TheSlipperyWhistle

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Over a 7 game series I think we beat any of the Pacers, Bulls, or Heat. We shut out the Pacers and the Heat this season, and the 2 Chicago losses were pretty much a joke. One early in the season and I think Bradley was out. And the other was in the infamous Smart foul on Butler. Since that time both Chicago and Indy have been pretty bad. The Heat have been pretty good.
We need this 1 seed. Of the "lower end" teams in the East Milwaukee matches up really well against us. As the bracket stands now, if we beat Chicago in the first round, we would play the winner of Washington and Atlanta. This is considerably better than having to face the Cavs or Toronto.

Order of preference?
1. Indy
2. Chicago
3. Heat

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 11:38:15 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
On paper we should easily win this matchup but in all honesty it scares me to death. They have a superstar in Butler who has a knack for torching us. They have a rested hall of famer in Wade, who granted has lost a step, but can turn it on at any point, and have a Rondo who would love to beat us and always turns it on for prime time games.
They are also 7-3 in their last 10 so turning it on at the right time. We are also 2-2 against them head to head this season.

Unless i'm wrong I just don't see how we don't play them round 1. Assume they beat the nets, it doesnt matter how the Pacers fair since they are a game ahead in the central and neither team has a division match up to wrap up the season.
It looks like our only hope rests in the Nets hands (yet again) to beat the Bulls and the Heat beat a Wizards team who is likely resting their starters.

Hope somebody can talk me off the cliff with this one, maybe its just the fact we haven't won a playoff series under a Stevens.. The Bulls just feel like trouble to me.
You think too much and not right..
1.Butler isn't a superstar in any means
2.Rondo is old and after injury history
3.Wade is very old
4.most importantly their team doesn't function well as they aren't on the same page

Heat>Bulls/Pacers

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 11:48:47 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Celtics beat the Bulls.

Then trade for Butler...(and sign Hayward).

So we take them to school and make them pay the tuition!!!

:o :o :o

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 11:57:55 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
So many people here are overly confident.  The Bulls always play us tough, we've never been out of the first round.

None of us should be this confident regardless of who we play in the 1st round.