Author Topic: Chad Ford: 2018 Top 10 Prospects  (Read 13901 times)

Re: Chad Ford: 2018 Top 10 Prospects
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 05:48:11 AM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Fultz - Brown - Hayward - Porter Jr. - Zizic.

Celtics roster of the future.

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 05:59:19 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hope Celts can get Ayton or Bamba

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 07:08:09 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I'm going to eat crow now, I was highly critic on Doncic, but the more I see him remembers me of Drazen, good skills, not that body armor bot that will come into shape as the years go by, Fultz and Doncic  will be the greatest backcourt ever assembled in the nba, and under coach Stevens, the sky is the limit, GO CELTICS!!!!!

Dragen was my first thought too... But what made Drazen great was his mentality and his aggressiveness and imho Doncic is not at that level. But he is veery committed and his family keeps his head straight unlike the Balls for example.. 

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 07:16:46 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258

I don't know how excited Hayward would be about that. He wants to win now, as does Horford. Kids take awhile to develop.

Age of player when winning first championship:

Stephen Curry: 27
Draymond Green: 25
LeBron James: 28
Dwayne Wade: 24 (2nd title without Shaq: 30)
Paul Pierce: 30
Kobe Bryant: 22 (4th title without Shaq: 30)
Shaquille O'Neal: 28
Tim Duncan: 23 (2nd title with barely alive Robinson: 27)
Michael Jordan: 28
Scottie Pippen: 25

As you can see, two of the younger ones (Wade and Bryant) were helped a lot by peak Shaq. Duncan joined a veteran team that already had David Robinson. Other than that, it's very difficult for a star to win a title before he has 4-6 years experience (as the best or tied for best player on the team).

Anyway, I just mean that Hayward's peak will be ending when Fultz and Brown's are beginning. If Ainge tells him he plans to build for Fultz and Brown's peak, Hayward will walk out of the room.

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 07:22:31 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Wow the Doncic love is real...I don't see him as the all time great as you guys do, he'll still be a very good player, just not "Scottie Pippem with a 3 point shot". The difference in athleticism is huge between the two. Scottie was a long forward who has hops while Doncic is not as long and does not jump that high. Fundamentally different players imo, Doncic strikes me as a point forward that gets his with skill combined with well rounded physical gifts unlike the 90s point forwards who had great skill with otherwordly physical attributes. It's a pretty big difference imo because the style of play would be different. Doncic can really shoot though, he'd be a better long range shooter than Pippen.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:29:23 AM by Somebody »
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 07:38:33 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I honestly do not know what I would do if the C's won the lottery 2 years in a row after never having won it. That can't happen right?????

Is Michael Porter like the next KD?

I like Doncic. Starter as a 17 year old for Real. He's like a Galinari clone on offense but with better ball handling. I think he will be able to score at NBA level. Not so sure about how he will adapt defensively though.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:44:54 AM by PAOBoston »

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 05:54:23 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Wow the Doncic love is real...I don't see him as the all time great as you guys do, he'll still be a very good player, just not "Scottie Pippem with a 3 point shot". The difference in athleticism is huge between the two. Scottie was a long forward who has hops while Doncic is not as long and does not jump that high. Fundamentally different players imo, Doncic strikes me as a point forward that gets his with skill combined with well rounded physical gifts unlike the 90s point forwards who had great skill with otherwordly physical attributes. It's a pretty big difference imo because the style of play would be different. Doncic can really shoot though, he'd be a better long range shooter than Pippen.

What I love about him is that he not only projects so well, but he could come in at 19 and be a super duper elite role player for a couple of years on our already stable nucleus.  Then by the time he is 21, he will most likely start becoming a real star.  He could easily average 10 ppg / 3 rebounds / 4 assists off the bench by next year in fairly limited minutes.

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 06:01:36 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Its been a 4 horse race for some time now. Cant complain too much about the order of the top 4. Everyone will have different opinions at this point. I would probably add Wendell Carter in my top 10. As I have said before, there is a chance that the top 3 in the 18 class could be better players than the top of 17.

Yeah I think we'd take any of the top 4 and be thrilled. I'm kinda pulling for Ayton myself but a top-4 pick next year would be great..

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017, 06:10:16 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Its been a 4 horse race for some time now. Cant complain too much about the order of the top 4. Everyone will have different opinions at this point. I would probably add Wendell Carter in my top 10. As I have said before, there is a chance that the top 3 in the 18 class could be better players than the top of 17.

Yeah I think we'd take any of the top 4 and be thrilled. I'm kinda pulling for Ayton myself but a top-4 pick next year would be great..
too early to tell.

The top 4 to me seems like Doncic, Ayton, Porter Jr., Bama

I think you can count on at least one of those guys falling out of the top 4 and someone else leaping in.

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2017, 06:17:16 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

I don't know how excited Hayward would be about that. He wants to win now, as does Horford. Kids take awhile to develop.

As you can see, two of the younger ones (Wade and Bryant) were helped a lot by peak Shaq. Duncan joined a veteran team that already had David Robinson. Other than that, it's very difficult for a star to win a title before he has 4-6 years experience (as the best or tied for best player on the team).

Anyway, I just mean that Hayward's peak will be ending when Fultz and Brown's are beginning. If Ainge tells him he plans to build for Fultz and Brown's peak, Hayward will walk out of the room.
This is a tricky situation.

Ainge has to be very careful in his presentation. He has to convince Hayward he has a better chance of winning in Boston in the next 4 years than he does in Utah, while not lying to Hayward or truly committing to an all-in, win-now approach.

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 06:39:48 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Do you guys think the Nets are going to stink again?

My brain says "duh" but I am sort of nervous  ;D

Admittedly I did not think the Nets were going to have the worst record in the league this year either.

They do have a ton of cap space and could get some good players in free agency.

It's looking like a 4 player draft so as long as they are bottom 3-4 team I'm happy with that.

Ayton looks like a stud.

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 06:42:53 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

This is a tricky situation.

Ainge has to be very careful in his presentation. He has to convince Hayward he has a better chance of winning in Boston in the next 4 years than he does in Utah, while not lying to Hayward or truly committing to an all-in, win-now approach.
The best thing is to tell Hayward the truth. That's all we can do as an honorable organization. If that goes "bad" then maybe it was not meant to be.
Jaylen was picked #3 overall bc he had the highest upside/ceiling. From SL to RS Jaylen had already changed his shot (more fluid) and made it better for the NBA 3. He also has become a great finisher, which was another knock.....honestly given his steady improvement over the year he could make an exponential jump this off-season.
Fultz has such a high floor to start with. He could also start showing out on both sides of the floor by the start of the season.

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 07:28:40 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
D. Ayton is not like KG lol, he's been 238+ since a soph.
Ayton is:
6'11'' w/o shoes
7'0.25'' w/ shoes
7'5.5'' wingspan
9'5'' STANDING REACH
28.5'' and 34.5'' verticals AS A SOPH IN HS @ UA

Ayton compares best to... a slightly larger MYLES TURNER w/ better rebounding.

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 08:04:05 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Imagine putting porter Jr next to fultz and brown. Would be too cool

Deandre Ayton compared to KG. Wow

I still think Fultz / Doncic would be the most amazing thing to watch

I haven't seen much of Doncic yet, but from what I've read about him, that would have potential to be an all-time duo.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2017, 02:55:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I dont get the hype on Porter Jr.

Average explosiveness. Doesnt have much of a handle.  Tries to outreach/outjump everyone near the basket.  Jump shot is good

Doncic is a better looking prospect. Again average explosiveness but everything else is at a high level, especially ball handling and passing.  Manu part 2

Bamba and Ayton also look good