Author Topic: Celtics now tied with Cavs 51-29. 2 games left. Who gets 1st seed?  (Read 3439 times)

Re: Celtics now tied with Cavs 51-29. 2 games left. Who gets 1st seed?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 01:33:12 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Hope the Heat puts a worser beat down on LeBron he ll never forgets.

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 01:34:14 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Given that the Cavs own the tiebreaker, the odds are in their favor of winning the first seed.

Either way, the Celtics own home court advantage in the first two rounds. In the ECF, the Celtics probably loose to the Cavs regardless of HCA. If any other team makes the ECF then the Celtics once more have HCA.

In my mind, whether they get first or second seed is not a big deal for the Celtics.

TP because Hwang keepin it real as usual.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 05:08:20 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
The first seed can go either way, hard to predict.
But right now, I'm enjoying seeing the Cavs losing while playing their top players to the ground.
That's on par with nonsense Lakers the past few years.
I'm glad I'm a Celtics fan with a great organisation that don't give me nonsense drama.

Mister Lebron who claim the number 1 seed is not important is not acting according his words right now.
Come on Lebron another 40+mn vs Miami tonight!  ;D

By the way, this nonsense "rest" this season is a pure joke.
A couple of days ago, Davis and Cousins "rest".... I mean WHAT ????
They rest for what?
Because I don't see any advantages to that.
Are they tanking? no (the pick goes to Sac)
Are they old vets that need to manage their health or career? no
That's right, this is only to disappoint the fans who bought tickets to watch them playing.
That's PATHETIC.

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 07:02:26 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
Is anyone else shocked by the minutes Ty Lue is playing his stars, especially Lebron? Last night against Atlanta I believe they were all above 40 minutes. I mean, are we going to see ANY effect on Lebron's game in the playoffs after leading the league in minutes per game at age 32?
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 07:04:35 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Is anyone else shocked by the minutes Ty Lue is playing his stars, especially Lebron? Last night against Atlanta I believe they were all above 40 minutes. I mean, are we going to see ANY effect on Lebron's game in the playoffs after leading the league in minutes per game at age 32?

He will be doing this into his late 30's. Guy is a machine.

The whole rest thing is way overrated anyway...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2017, 08:06:48 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
2nd night of a back2back for Cleveland while playing OT last night and their stars all over 40 mins. Tonight is the most probable game for them to lose against a scrappy heat team as it is and now their playoff hopes are on the line, they won't roll over that's for sure. I believe waiters is back too. IMO if they lose to Miami tonight they will rest every1 against Toronto and live with wherever they land (hopefully 2nd seed).
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 08:39:32 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Lue is a terrible coach. The whole 4th quarter and overtime he looked like a deer in headlights, his players crumbling around him and he didn't do anything to stem the bleeding. Lebron runs that team, he plays that many minutes because he says so. The problem is a player isn't best placed to judge it, the coach pulls a guy when they need to be pulled, a player pulls himself only when he can't play anymore.

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 08:59:48 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
The most recent 538 projection puts us at 58% to get the #1 seed.

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 09:02:49 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
looks like C's still have life for that #1 seed.  would expect them to put in a full effort tonight to beat Brooklyn to push Cleveland to win tonight as well to keep pace.

if both teams win, C's are locked in second place (Toronto won't be able to catch them) so might as well sit IT and Al the last game to rest them for the playoffs (although this team doesn't seem to do well with a lot of rest)