Poll

Would you trade #1 for #3 and #5?

Yes.
No, but I'd do it for #3 and #4
No, but I'd do it for #2 and 3 or 4.
No.
Something else.

Author Topic: Poll: Would you trade #1 for #3 and #5?  (Read 5528 times)

Re: Poll: Would you trade #1 for #3 and #5?
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2017, 02:20:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I voted something else. I would propose the No. 1 for Willie Cauley Stein and the Sac lottery pick.

He is a clear upgrade on interior D, that will not get lost in switches. He boosts our rebounding and I reckon he will be smart enough not to be a black hole on offense (stick to setting hard screens, rolling to the basket and passing to an open teammate​ when on the floor)

Considering that the Sac pick is already subject to getting switched with Philly, that would probably mean trading #1 for WCS and a pick in the 5-7 range.

No thanks.

We have plenty of young role players.  If you get #1, take the guy you think has the best chance of  becoming a franchise cornerstone and don't look back.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2017, 02:38:59 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I voted something else. I would propose the No. 1 for Willie Cauley Stein and the Sac lottery pick.

He is a clear upgrade on interior D, that will not get lost in switches. He boosts our rebounding and I reckon he will be smart enough not to be a black hole on offense (stick to setting hard screens, rolling to the basket and passing to an open teammate​ when on the floor)

Considering that the Sac pick is already subject to getting switched with Philly, that would probably mean trading #1 for WCS and a pick in the 5-7 range.

No thanks.

We have plenty of young role players.  If you get #1, take the guy you think has the best chance of  becoming a franchise cornerstone and don't look back.

Definitely a weak point for my proposal. Still if we somehow get a better lottery pick, or keep the No. 1 pick in the process of getting WCS, would you do it. As much as he may be a role player, he plays a role we need help in very badly
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2017, 02:40:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Let's trade quality for quantity because we have too much of the former and not enough of the latter?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2017, 02:45:46 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
What we need are more underage project role players.

Easy vote: No.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2017, 04:31:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
There's no way a team would give up 3 and 5 in this draft for 1.  3 might be Ball or Fultz.  You might be able to do #1 and Jaylen Brown for #3 and #5, because 3 is a tiny downgrade from 1 and Brown is a significant downgrade from 5.   Might have to do #1 + Jaylen + Yabusele for 3 and 5.

I hope you are not a GM. Actually, I hope you are a GM with a lot of assets that is just anxious to deal with Danny Ainge.
I wish he was a GM in my fantasy basketball league.

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2017, 04:49:34 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
I see Fultz/Ball/Jackson as a virtual tossup, so I would definitely take this deal and get an extra Monk or [insert top lottery prospect] for the trouble of having a tough three-way choice narrowed down by the opposition.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2017, 05:13:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I might do it if Ball was off the board, because I don't want him on the team.