Author Topic: Celtics (50-28) at Hawks (39-38) Game #79 4/6/17  (Read 36587 times)

Re: Celtics (50-28) at Hawks (39-38) Game #79 4/6/17
« Reply #450 on: April 06, 2017, 11:08:21 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Ridiculous, no heart team.

I'd say Brad should rip these guys after the game, but I'm not sure how much difference it'd make.

They didn't play well but certainly didn't give up.

It's a make or miss league.

How many 4q free throws did we miss?  Open three's did we clank?  The opportunities were all there, just missed the looks tonight. 

« Reply #451 on: April 06, 2017, 11:08:38 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I love Avery. LOVE him, but he's been brutal tonight.

I'd offer him and the 2018 Brooklyn pick for Butler.

Draft Ball

AND Try To Sign Blake Griffin.

It4
Butler
Crowder
Griffin
Hortford
Ball
Smart
Jaylen
Yabu
Zizic

That ain't bad.
that bench would get us killed.

I guarantee if we had that much talent, veteran big men would lineup at the door to  chase a ring. And do it for the minimum.
uh huh.  Scot Pollard and Mikki Moore types aren't going to cut it.  that's the type of big men available for the vet min

David West,Pachulia , and McGee did for the Warriors.
not exactly the cream of the crop there.

« Reply #452 on: April 06, 2017, 11:10:11 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Draft Ball

It4
Butler
Crowder
Griffin
Hortford
Ball
Smart
Jaylen
Yabu
Zizic

That ain't bad.

I guarantee if we had that much talent, veteran big men would lineup at the door to  chase a ring. And do it for the minimum.
uh huh.  Scot Pollard and Mikki Moore types aren't going to cut it.  that's the type of big men available for the vet min

No but good veteran bench guys, imo
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #453 on: April 06, 2017, 11:20:23 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
If the seeding stays the same, I just don't have much confidence against Chicago in a playoff series. Not to be pessimistic, but they'll have the best player (by far) and are 4th in the league in offensive rebound percentage. They also play annoyingly slowly.

« Reply #454 on: April 06, 2017, 11:25:24 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Ridiculous, no heart team.

I'd say Brad should rip these guys after the game, but I'm not sure how much difference it'd make.

They didn't play well but certainly didn't give up.

It's a make or miss league.

How many 4q free throws did we miss?  Open three's did we clank?  The opportunities were all there, just missed the looks tonight.

The "no heart" part was for the first three quarters. Doesn't matter if you play hard in the 4th if you don't play with heart the first three quarters, too.

« Reply #455 on: April 06, 2017, 11:25:33 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
If the seeding stays the same, I just don't have much confidence against Chicago in a playoff series. Not to be pessimistic, but they'll have the best player (by far) and are 4th in the league in offensive rebound percentage. They also play annoyingly slowly.

Really? Not with Rondo they do not, also look at us, look what we gave up to the Hawks who are about the worst.

Bulls are dangerous if they play like a team.

« Reply #456 on: April 06, 2017, 11:38:24 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Disappointing game.  This team plays dumb, lackadaisical basketball too often for my liking.  They aren't good enough to get away with that against decent teams.  Same group played consistently hard and usually smart the previous two years.  Wonder what the difference is. 

At least the Bradley dunk was nice.

« Reply #457 on: April 07, 2017, 12:47:03 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
2 Good things tonight...

1: Smart

2: Not having to listen to Hubie Brown read his freaking Stat Sheet all game long once again...Seems like we get him in every C's National Game this year.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #458 on: April 07, 2017, 02:20:47 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
2 Good things tonight...

2: Not having to listen to Hubie Brown read his freaking Stat Sheet all game long once again...Seems like we get him in every C's National Game this year.
Instead we got Kevin Harlan's garbage behind.. at 1 point with I wanna say 8 or 9 minutes left he's talking about how IT was injured and had a heat pad on his hip (which he's been doing for about the past 2 weeks) and said he was done for the night and about 5 seconds later IT checks into the game lol. He's just terrible. I dread having to listen to national broadcasts. The only ones I can deal with are JVG and mark jackson mainly due to their banter back and forth
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #459 on: April 07, 2017, 07:32:40 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Disappointing game.  This team plays dumb, lackadaisical basketball too often for my liking.  They aren't good enough to get away with that against decent teams.  Same group played consistently hard and usually smart the previous two years.  Wonder what the difference is. 

They definitely look like chumps most of the time when they lose this year.  Might just be the added expectations giving this perspective. 
Yup

« Reply #460 on: April 07, 2017, 07:44:53 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

They definitely look like chumps most of the time when they lose this year.  Might just be the added expectations giving this perspective.
Back to backs aren't easy but I figured after getting their heads bashed in by Lebron the night before that they would be full of p--- and vinegar for this game. Nope. Basically just rolled over the 1st half. Effort in the 2nd half was better but a little too late at that point.

The C's aren't as good as their record indicates but I think we all knew that already. I don't have a problem if they lose games but I when the effort isn't there I do. The last 2 seasons they had that grit factor where they can just saddle up and dig deep. That is missing from this team imo.

« Reply #461 on: April 07, 2017, 08:22:38 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Draft Ball

It4
Butler
Crowder
Griffin
Hortford
Ball
Smart
Jaylen
Yabu
Zizic

That ain't bad.

No but good veteran bench guys, imo
and that's your 'o'. 

that team as you have it has 3 rookies, 1 2nd year player and Smart.  In order to do any real damage in the playoffs, you're going to need a solid backup vet PG, a solid backup vet wing (3 and D guy would be fine) and a good 3rd big man off the bench that can play major minutes and produce-->someone who's at least a 4/5 but preferably more of a 5.  You aren't going to get those types of players with vet min deals.

« Reply #462 on: April 07, 2017, 08:27:35 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
2 Good things tonight...

Instead we got Kevin Harlan's garbage behind.. at 1 point with I wanna say 8 or 9 minutes left he's talking about how IT was injured and had a heat pad on his hip (which he's been doing for about the past 2 weeks) and said he was done for the night and about 5 seconds later IT checks into the game lol. He's just terrible. I dread having to listen to national broadcasts. The only ones I can deal with are JVG and mark jackson mainly due to their banter back and forth
Harlan's not great but Mark Jackson sucks more than a vacuum testing facility.

« Reply #463 on: April 07, 2017, 01:23:35 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Word is that Jonas gave an impassioned post game speech to the team. Surprising that it came from him, but hopefully it gets us going. I like Jonas a lot. Plays hard all the time and is a gamer.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #464 on: April 07, 2017, 01:38:43 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
2 Good things tonight...

Harlan's not great but Mark Jackson sucks more than a vacuum testing facility.

You mean, you don't like a healthy dose of "Hand down, MAN down!" ;D

I can't stand Jackson either.

Word is that Jonas gave an impassioned post game speech to the team. Surprising that it came from him, but hopefully it gets us going. I like Jonas a lot. Plays hard all the time and is a gamer.

Jonas is one of my favorite players on this team.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis