Author Topic: Cavaliers (50-27) at Celtics (50-27) Game #78 4/5/17  (Read 50386 times)

Re: Cavaliers (50-27) at Celtics (50-27) Game #78 4/5/17
« Reply #480 on: April 05, 2017, 10:37:48 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Pre-Game ritual for tonight must have been:
Cavs drinking Red Bulls while snorting a bag of 80s cocaine...
Meanwhile the C's were adjusting their tampons.

PATHETIC---Men vs. Boys...Ainge better get someone in who will smack somebody upside the head next season...We make Kevin Love look like the toughest player in league history.

IT was good though.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #481 on: April 05, 2017, 10:38:21 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Lakers win Lakers win.... Celtics win !!! Celtics Win!!!

« Reply #482 on: April 05, 2017, 10:38:25 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
The Cavs are still flawed. The C's are still quite good.

But what the Celtics showed us tonight is that they aren't ready for the spotlight.

They wouldn't have beaten the Lakers, Suns, or Nets the way they played tonight.

They were in a visible panic from the opening tip. Totally out of sync at both ends. It was like everyone forgot how to play basketball. The Cavs exploited this disorganization easily.

The C's looked passive, frightened, and at no point did they ever put any mental pressure on their opponent.

As they say in Dune, "Fear is the Mindkiller."

Gotta grow up and play with far better poise if we're going to win any playoff series. Hopefully this will be a good learning experience, because this team was not ready tonight.

« Reply #483 on: April 05, 2017, 10:38:26 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
LOL  Can someone go and read some of the comments in last game thread that Cs won and compare it to this thread.

We played the Knicks for godssakes.  A Melo-less Knick.  Why shouldn't fans take it when they can get it.  I'm sure if you ask anyone in that thread if they think they can beat the Cavs in 7 games, they'd all say no.  What's the point comparing the two?

Because some of the folks that are criticizing the team and Danny today, where saying how much they love this team ... that is why.

That's really slick and dirty what you did there.  Next time I hope there's enough balls in that sack to call me out openly.

Love the team.  Can't stand Danny.  Big difference.  I love this team.  You want me to say it again?  I love this team.  I love this team because 1) I am a Celtics fan and will root for them when they are winning no matter what, even when I'm well aware of their limitations.  The same way I rooted for Rondo for years despite all his flaws.  And when he was traded I was ok with it because it's a better deal and something that needed done.  2) Because they aren't performing to their potential.  If Sully and Turner were the difference-maker in our bulldog-like defense last year, then we are in a lot of trouble.  I know they were not, which is why this is troubling and frustrating  3) I love this team because I love Brad Stevens.  And they reason is because of what he is able to do with little he has.  He is the mastermind, not Danny.  4) You always measure yourself against your best.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #484 on: April 05, 2017, 10:42:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
LOL  Can someone go and read some of the comments in last game thread that Cs won and compare it to this thread.

We played the Knicks for godssakes.  A Melo-less Knick.  Why shouldn't fans take it when they can get it.  I'm sure if you ask anyone in that thread if they think they can beat the Cavs in 7 games, they'd all say no.  What's the point comparing the two?

Because some of the folks that are criticizing the team and Danny today, where saying how much they love this team ... that is why.

That's really slick and dirty what you did there.  Next time I hope there's enough balls in that sack to call me out openly.

Love the team.  Can't stand Danny.  Big difference.  I love this team.  You want me to say it again?  I love this team.  I love this team because 1) I am a Celtics fan and will root for them when they are winning no matter what, even when I'm well aware of their limitations.  The same way I rooted for Rondo for years despite all his flaws.  And when he was traded I was ok with it because it's a better deal and something that needed done.  2) Because they aren't performing to their potential.  If Sully and Turner are the difference-maker in our bulldog-like defense last year, then we are in a lot of trouble.  I know they are not, which is why this is troubling.  3) I love this team because I love Brad Stevens.  And they reason is because of what he is able to do with little he has.  He is the mastermind, not Danny.

'Balls in the sack'?? on the internet? really??

Danny put the team you love together, give him a break.

By the way, nothing sick and dirty in or about my post... I made a point, if the cap fit then wear it.

« Reply #485 on: April 05, 2017, 10:42:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Love the team.  Can't stand Danny.  Big difference.  I love this team.  You want me to say it again?  I love this team.  I love this team because 1) I am a Celtics fan and will root for them when they are winning no matter what, even when I'm well aware of their limitations.  The same way I rooted for Rondo for years despite all his flaws.  And when he was traded I was ok with it because it's a better deal and something that needed done.  2) Because they aren't performing to their potential.  If Sully and Turner are the difference-maker in our bulldog-like defense last year, then we are in a lot of trouble.  I know they are not, which is why this is troubling.  3) I love this team because I love Brad Stevens.  And they reason is because of what he is able to do with little he has.  He is the mastermind, not Danny.

1. You have stated that this team could win a title this season if they gave a [dang].

they have character guys. Getting the guys to give a [dang] is on Brad and the individual players, not Danny.

2. we had a bulldog like defense and like you say, that disintegrating is not because we dont have Turner and Sully. This means that the problem is with scheme or effort. Once again, thats no Brad.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #486 on: April 05, 2017, 10:48:50 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
We clearly aren't beating CLE in a 7 game series.

« Reply #487 on: April 05, 2017, 10:49:00 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

'Balls in the sack'?? on the internet? really??

Danny put the team you love together, give him a break.

By the way, nothing sick and dirty in or about my post... I made a point, if the cap fit then wear it.

Yea yea yea, the cap fitting line.  Something people who have no guts to make accusations fit the accused say

Apparently you didn't read my post.  Anyways, to put it simply, I love this team because I have to. The name in front of the jersey is bigger and more important than the name on the back.  I have to cheer for them and I love cheering for them but the moron who put it together can clearly do better.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:04:51 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my

« Reply #488 on: April 05, 2017, 10:55:30 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

1. You have stated that this team could win a title this season if they gave a [dang].

they have character guys. Getting the guys to give a [dang] is on Brad and the individual players, not Danny.

2. we had a bulldog like defense and like you say, that disintegrating is not because we dont have Turner and Sully. This means that the problem is with scheme or effort. Once again, thats no Brad.

For your number 1, read my number 2.

Effort isn't taught.  You either have it or you don't and we don't.  It's not on Brad.  Brad is clearly doing all he could.  He's extrapolated all talents where there is none.  Mind you, talents to beat mediocre teams or solid teams when they are suffering.  Brad can't teach effort.  This isn't on him.

To make up for that, you need talent.  That's where Danny is most responsible.  That even on the nights you don't have the energy or motivation, your talent would carry you.  Rarely is the other way around.

Character guys don't win championships.  Heart and Talent does.  We have neither.

I don't blame Brad at all.  He's more than lived up to his reputation as a brilliant coach and has made something out of nothing.  It's left to the guys.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:32:17 PM by Clench123 »

« Reply #489 on: April 05, 2017, 11:06:25 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

... and we knew this coming into the game tonight.  Relax, people!  Let's enjoy winning first round of the playoffs, hope we avoid Toronto in round 2, and see what happens there.

Question: I wasn't able to watch the game, though -- did we shoot poorly because it was an off night, or CLE ramped up their defense tonight?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:17:09 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #490 on: April 05, 2017, 11:09:09 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
Ogaju, another game tomorrow.  I'll be rooting for them like I always do and calling Danny out everytime we lose a game we aren't supposed to because I can 8) and because it's Danny's job to put this team in a position to succeed

« Reply #491 on: April 05, 2017, 11:11:44 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The chicken have come home to roost tonight. All our shortcomings reared their head.

The C's are a soft, undersized team of finesse players. This never a good thing for playoff basketball, or must win hard fought games.

Bradley scored 4 points! I wouldn't cry if we managed to up-grade at the shooting guard position. Avery is undersized at 6-2 180, often injured, and disappears in big games. Many NBA shooting guards today are 6-5, 6-6, 6-7, and well over 200 pounds.

Kelly can score a bit, but generally is super soft, and mostly just a terrible defender, just like his sidekick Mr. Jerebko. 

Marcus needs to find a solution to his shooting problems, before his rookie contract runs out.

Thats all I know is when the game takes on a playoff feel, and gets fast, and physical too many of our guys don't show up.

« Reply #492 on: April 05, 2017, 11:21:59 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

... and we knew this coming into the game tonight.  Relax, people!  Let's enjoy winning first round of the playoffs, hope we avoid Toronto in round 2, and see what happens there.

Question: I wasn't able to watch the game, though -- did we shoot poorly because it was an off night, or CLE ramped up their defense tonight?

The C's had looks. They lost the game by not playing ANY defense and getting destroyed on the boards tho. More reliant on offense than last season which isn't good.

« Reply #493 on: April 05, 2017, 11:23:21 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Maybe the C's will take it out on BK now.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #494 on: April 05, 2017, 11:25:55 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

Both. 

What bothered me is that Lebron wasn't even trying.  He could turned the switch on and off at whims and he did on our homecourt tonight, on a second night of back-to-backs, without their center, and us with 3 days rest. 

I remember that first game we played them as well, he wasn't breaking a sweat and he pretty much did what he did tonight.

I don't really mind losing but for my opponent to walk away without limping is an insult. 

To put it shortly, we were a D-League team against them.