Author Topic: Finally figured out Fultz and Simmons strategy  (Read 2782 times)

Re: Finally figured out Fultz and Simmons strategy
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 05:23:03 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
When has it been a lock that Ball was 2nd? There are some people who have him at 1 some have him at 3 or 4. Some have Smith infront of him. I think the general media has put forward that narrative but Im not really sure that Ball has ever been a lock.
Drafted press is the most accurate. They have had ball all year at #2, they still do, and for a short time he was #1.]

I know that they have had him at that spot but as Ainge and other execs have said its pretty wide open for #1 so that means that Jackson, Fultz, Tatum, and Ball are all in the running hence why I said that. Even Draftexpress have said the same thing
 He still may go #2, but I doubt its a lock right now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 06:24:02 PM by clevelandceltic »

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 05:36:39 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Ball was locked in at #2 all year long until Fox dropped 39 points on him and UCLA lost in the sweet 16. Fox may have leaped above ball on some draft boards.

To solve that problem here is the answer, don't play in the tournament, don't let people rip you apart when you will eventually lose a game as a freshman against guys three years older than you.

Fox is a bit younger than him

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 06:13:31 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
There's an article that states that Romar/Washington began recruiting Fultz as a Freshman/Sophomore high schooler and was the first D1 to do so.

Simmons went to the college where his godfather coached.

Porter Jr, the 2017 #1 HS player, is going to Missouri.

These players have played on the biggest stages (U19 National Teams, All-City, All-State, etc.) before reaching college, I doubt they're basing there decision on where they can hide from criticism.

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 06:27:27 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
There's an article that states that Romar/Washington began recruiting Fultz as a Freshman/Sophomore high schooler and was the first D1 to do so.

Simmons went to the college where his godfather coached.

Porter Jr, the 2017 #1 HS player, is going to Missouri.

These players have played on the biggest stages (U19 National Teams, All-City, All-State, etc.) before reaching college, I doubt they're basing there decision on where they can hide from criticism.

Exactly. Fultz played on U19 this past summer with Porter. Once you hit Team USA NBA guys can scout you so its not like they can hide during those practices and games.

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 06:37:04 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
The even more lucrative strategy is the one that LSU and Washington employed.  Find the player you want and get his father/uncle/relative a spot on your coaching staff.

EDIT - Wondering now... which end got more benefit, the colleges or the players?  The players probably earned $5-$10 mil total by going #1 rather than slipping a few spots.  Did the colleges gain more than that?

This is the answer. College hoops is a very shady business with AAU coaches involved and all that. The Porter bros were all set to go to Washington until the head coach got fired and then their dad got a job at Missouri. Guess where they are going now?