Author Topic: Celtics (49-27) at Knicks (29-47) Game #76 4/2/17  (Read 20272 times)

Re: Celtics (49-27) at Knicks (29-47) Game #76 4/2/17
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2017, 01:24:30 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Yeesh, Brown with an early yank after a mistake on the first play.

I don't mind that. Brad wouldn't do that if he didn't have pretty high expectations for Jaylen. Just keep lighting a fire under him so he stays hungry

I'm on the fence about it. I mean, he wouldn't do it if he didn't think he could handle it and it'd make him better.

But on the other end, he has a significantly shorter leash than any other rookie Brad has ever had, even Smart, who played an even more important role on the team in his rookie year.

Granted, we're a much better and deeper team than that team with Smart as a rookie, so there might be more reason to have this short of a leash with a rookie in the rotation.

Has he ever had as short a leash as he did today? I think this might have been for him doing something Brad specifically  told him not to do. Usually he allows a couple of mistakes
I'm bitter.

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2017, 01:25:17 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I really do not think Smart gets enough credit. Is he not just a second year player? People judge him as if he is a seasoned veteran.

3rd year, but yes he is still very young

If Smart is in his third year, then who did we pick the year after him and the year before Brown?

Rozier

Edit: TP to max for beating me to it

Thanks guys.

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2017, 01:25:35 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

I don't get it either.  I don't like harsh rookie treatment.

Especially when Ko makes 10+ defense mistakes a game.
Unless you're watching film AND understand the Celtics defensive concepts, I don't think you have any idea how many mistakes KO makes a game.  I'm sure this move has been a long time coming.  Jaylen has athletic talent, but apparently he has a ways to go in terms of understanding how to play the game.

We'll see if he makes it back in the game.

You are right, I don't have access to all that.  Just plus/minus.

And lately they say KO's is not very good.

So I'm just inferring that ko is doing something wrong defensively or that he's just not very good.

Or both!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Smart having a good offensive game so far - hit a jumpshot and 3 assists already. Good to see after his play of late.
i still dont like the shot he made. he was falling back and off balance. smart needs to take set shots and be in better control of his balance and body. he is similar to rondo on this. both twist, turn, lean, and move while shooting. a recipe for missed shots.  >:(
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

I don't mind that. Brad wouldn't do that if he didn't have pretty high expectations for Jaylen. Just keep lighting a fire under him so he stays hungry

I'm on the fence about it. I mean, he wouldn't do it if he didn't think he could handle it and it'd make him better.

But on the other end, he has a significantly shorter leash than any other rookie Brad has ever had, even Smart, who played an even more important role on the team in his rookie year.

Granted, we're a much better and deeper team than that team with Smart as a rookie, so there might be more reason to have this short of a leash with a rookie in the rotation.
Lots of fans want to pull guys for not making shots.  But coaches are more interested in whether they can trust a guy.  That's the issue with Jaylen.

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Jaylen responding to the hook!!!

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2017, 01:26:29 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
Man Brown has been deadly from those corners.  Much better shooting than advertised.  Release is pretty quick too.

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2017, 01:26:43 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919

Has he ever had as short a leash as he did today? I think this might have been for him doing something Brad specifically  told him not to do. Usually he allows a couple of mistakes

Today was definitely the shortest leash he's had, but it's been a common theme for him this year with the short leash. He regularly gets yanked for a defensive miscue and stuff like that.

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2017, 01:27:36 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
I love when IT4 gets open looks because of great ball movement.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2017, 01:28:17 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
that was a stroke by Kristap....... looks like KO is going to have a good game tonight.

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2017, 01:29:30 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
that was a stroke by Kristap....... looks like KO is going to have a good game tonight.

I'm happy for this. Celtics need him.

Larry Bird

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2017, 01:30:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

I'm happy for this. Celtics need him.

lol lets hope he has a good game this afternoon too, lol.

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2017, 01:31:51 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Ko seems to do better with Zeller playing center.

Larry Bird

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2017, 01:33:08 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Today was definitely the shortest leash he's had, but it's been a common theme for him this year with the short leash. He regularly gets yanked for a defensive miscue and stuff like that.
Was this miscue on defense?  Or was it offense?  Either way, you could tell BS had had it.

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2017, 01:34:58 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Was this miscue on defense?  Or was it offense?  Either way, you could tell BS had had it.

The commentators thought it was on our first offensuve possession
I'm bitter.