Author Topic: Thon Maker scores 23 in OT Win  (Read 1910 times)

Re: Thon Maker scores 23 in OT Win
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 05:12:57 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Thon Maker scored 23 points in 24 minutes last night. He was on the floor in OT. He was 9/12 from the floor and 4/7 from 3.

Not to overreact but if he winds up being for real a lineup of Brogdon, Middleton, Antetokounmpo, Parker, and Maker could be devastating for years.

I truly tire of many putting Parker in the with the elites.  He is ranked 46 in RPM out of 93 PF's and ranks a dismal 91 out of 93 in defensive RPM!!!

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/DRPM/position/6

And Thon Maker is ranked 70th in RPM out of 93 PF's.

Smitty77
im truly tired of people putting this much stock into RPM! its a cool stat, but its very flawed and those flaws have been discussed ad nauseum on this site.

I dont think Parker fits well on that team and he is clearly a poor defensive player, but his talent is undeniable. Terrific young talent and a good young player.

If I were them, i would look to move him for a piece that fits better next to Middleton and GA. The alternative would be to hold on to your elite talent and hope you can fit your other young stars around him.

As for the rest of their core, I think GA is overrated (but still a terrific player) and I think Brogdon is not far from his peak right now. Also, i dont think Maker will ever be much of anything in the NBA.

Middleton is in the Avery Bradley class of players a notch below all-star level but still terrific and Giannis is a true star who I believe will spend most of his career in the 5-15 range of NBA players.

Parker projects as a perennial all-star.

Thats a terrific core in itself but Im not losing sleep over malcom brogdon and Thon Maker.

They can't move Parker yet. He's going to have to come back and prove he can still play. Many guys don't recover from one ACL tear, never mind two.

Bucks have a bright future no doubt. That's actually nice to see given how long they've been an also-ran.
yeah, obviously you cant move him untill he comes back and proves he can play again. Even then, two acl injuries will really dampen his value for a while.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 05:44:58 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
Thon Maker scored 23 points in 24 minutes last night. He was on the floor in OT. He was 9/12 from the floor and 4/7 from 3.

Not to overreact but if he winds up being for real a lineup of Brogdon, Middleton, Antetokounmpo, Parker, and Maker could be devastating for years.

They're already starting to scare me.

Don't know what the chances are of them meeting but it would be a lot fun watching them play the Cavs in the first round of the playoffs.

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 07:10:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
*shrug*

He may turn out to be a nice player or even a great one. But he wasn't considered even top 8 material pre-draft before his age discrepancy was exposed so it's not like he was a viable target for the Celtics. He was gone before their next pick. He's averaging 3.7 points and 1.6 rebounds per game. I'm not going to get overly excited about one game where he was successful. Dana Barros and Willie Burton scored over 50 points in a game each proving that a good game does not make a career.

Of course, I really suspect he's about 23 years old now. :)
and he is doing this in less than 9 minutes a game on a mediocore team. even the coach has questions about playing him many minutes.

well, he is a rookie so let's wait and see before annointing or condemning.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva