Author Topic: 2017 Draft - 2nd Round Prospects  (Read 15564 times)

Re: 2017 Draft - 2nd Round Prospects
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2017, 12:38:14 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Just found this thread, so I'll bump it up. Really hoping that Swanigan falls.

Mike
Me too.  I have concerns about his foot speed, but otherwise, really like what he could be as a big man in our system.  To me, the dedication he's already shown to weight loss and improving his game as a collegiate player bodes well for his work ethic as a professional.

You guys are singing my song...hoping that Swanigan ends up in green somehow.

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2017, 12:40:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Mike
Me too.  I have concerns about his foot speed, but otherwise, really like what he could be as a big man in our system.  To me, the dedication he's already shown to weight loss and improving his game as a collegiate player bodes well for his work ethic as a professional.

Heavy foot... Liability during pnr

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 12:44:36 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Mike

Heavy foot... Liability during pnr

I agree, he's not perfect...but I'll roll with him in the second round.

I tell you something though...he definitely would not let Gortat keep tapping those offensive rebounds out...take that for data!!

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2017, 12:54:19 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I would trade up to get Jordan Bell or Harry Giles at the end of the 1st.

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2017, 01:24:21 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Thomas Bryant
Jonothan Jeanne
Hamidou Diallo(high risk but maybe take it with 1 of the second rounders if he;s still around)

I'm all about Bryant or Jeanne at the top of the 2nd round.  Huge wingspan and can shoot the 3.

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2017, 02:15:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
With the 56th pick the Celtics take- Michael Fusek!

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/OtherGround/Thoughts-on-75-NBA-prospect-for-next-year:2585035

From Fansided:

Michael Fusek

Strengths He is 7-foot-5 and a center from Slovakia.  He is surprisingly agile for a big man, adding a 30 inch leap to an already towering vantage point.  Defensively, he is nearly NBA-ready.  He excels at shot-blocking and is a solid rebounder.

Weaknesses He is awfully tall, but only 220 pounds.  As such, he will be pushed around like a tumbleweed in the NBA.  He also is extremely raw on offense.  In two seasons in Eurocup play, he averaged two and four points per game respectfully.

If you want to catch the young man’s highlight video, you find find it here at this link.

Once more, he is a true sky scraper.  If the 76ers deal a center, you can believe the team will consider someone of Michael Fusek’s stature.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:25:53 PM by liam »

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2017, 11:10:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Fusek might not be a terrible last pick now that I think about it. Stash is a stash

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2017, 04:26:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Recently Danny has liked on twitter - draftexpress analysis of PJ Dozier, Thomas Bryant....

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2017, 04:44:13 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Recently Danny has liked on twitter - draftexpress analysis of PJ Dozier, Thomas Bryant....

OK so those guys are out.

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2017, 05:11:00 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
interesting

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2017, 05:34:53 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
For the 37th pick, I would go with whichever big man falls in the draft.

For the later picks I love Jonah Bolden, Sterling Brown SMU, and Tyler Dorsey Ofregob.

Jonah Bolden seems like the ideal big the Celtics would go after with his defense and shooting abilities.

Sterling Brown is a wing who has every skill but isn't elite at anything. Would love to get and develop him because wings are so valuable.

I just like Tyler Dorsey because he can shoot and I'm tired of watching all these missed open looks.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2017, 06:12:44 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Someone resurrected my old thread instead of starting a new one, how thoughtful  :P

It's crazy how much my opinion has changed on all of this. Im deffinitely team Swanigan. I think he could be special. I also like both guards from South Carolina in Thornwell and Dozier. I also like Nigel-Goss now too. I agree with the poster that said he'd be a good replacement for Jackson. Him and Thornwell/Dozier would be perfect for the 2 way contracts. Swanigan could easily earn a spot because he brings an nba ready skill in rebounding.

If we had to trade up for Swanigan I hope we hold in to one of the 50s picks for Nigel-Goss. That would be a really good haul to walk away from the draft with Fultz, Swanigan, and Nigel-Goss. 

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2017, 06:22:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

For the later picks I love Jonah Bolden, Sterling Brown SMU, and Tyler Dorsey Ofregob.

Jonah Bolden seems like the ideal big the Celtics would go after with his defense and shooting abilities.

Sterling Brown is a wing who has every skill but isn't elite at anything. Would love to get and develop him because wings are so valuable.

I just like Tyler Dorsey because he can shoot and I'm tired of watching all these missed open looks.

Bradley, Bryant

Jeanne is a wildcard...too skinny but so was Gobert

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2017, 10:25:35 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Bradley, Bryant

Jeanne is a wildcard...too skinny but so was Gobert

Sad news on Jeanne....may never play again...Marfan's Syndrome....same disease as that shooting star,  Baylor kid, Isaiah Austin.

Keith Smith   
@KeithSmithNBA 

Oh man. This is terrible. Really feel for the kid. Two weeks from the draft. And a lot of teams were really high on Jeanne too. twitter.com/ShamsCharania/…

4:55 PM - 8 Jun 2017 

Sucks....sad for him.

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2017, 10:29:18 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
NBADRAFT.net has us taking Swanigan at 37, Fusek ( would love to see this guy...) at 53 and Monte Morris at 56.