Author Topic: Report: Butler is "as good as gone" this offseason.  (Read 5655 times)

Re: Report: Butler is "as good as gone" this offseason.
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2017, 01:56:16 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
I think plan A has to be Griffin/Hayward +make the pick. Then you have to make a move somewhere to improve your bigs. That probably means parting with some good assets like Bradley Crowder or the Nets '18 pick. Especially if you get Hayward as opposed to Griffin.

Plan B is probably shelling out big time assets for Butler or George and then addressing the PF need through FA.

Plan C is make the pick and then throw money at an Otto Porter or a Jamychal Green.

Ainge isn't parting with any assets to get a big, in fact, he isn't planning on "getting" any big nor should he when he has Ante Zizic waiting to come over, which he is next season.
Makes absolutely no sense to be trading away high value draft picks and players to acquire a mediocre seven-foot journeyman when we have a young & hungry guy tearing up the Adriatic league and is ready to go.

Also, why in god's name would Danny Ainge give up "big time assets" for a one year rental of Paul George??  Is that what you really want him to do??  I'd send Isiah Thomas and let Indiana back up the Brinks truck for a guy who is five foot seven, but that's about all I'd send them....
Ante Zizic is completely unproven and 20 years old. Plus he is a center. Neither him nor Al Horford should play major minutes at the 4. Neither are plus defenders there.

We need a power forward. simple as that.

Also, why would Ainge give up big time assets for Paul George?

easy. this team is the 1 seed right now. Add Paul george and they are legit contenders for the next 3-5 years. Thats not insignificant.

Paul George is unlikely to find a better winning opportunity than Boston and he is unlikely to turn down more money and his best chance at a ring to leave in FA.

trading for George makes plenty of sense.

now there is a limit to what Id give up, but Id part with big time assets for him.

Re: Report: Butler is "as good as gone" this offseason.
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2017, 01:58:49 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I don't care much if the guy we land is Butler or George or Blake or Hayward. For me, the only thing that gives the FA option appeal is that we can land one of those guys without giving up the 2017 pick. But if we could somehow trade for Butler while giving up someone like Rozier and a couple of non-BKN 1st rounders as a centerpiece, I'd be ecstatic. For me, that is as good as spending money on a FA signing.
- LilRip